• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wearing proper clothing

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
6.jpgThe importance of proper clothing is clearly show for my accident on the haul road.6.jpg

The pants

002.JPG

The jacket

003.JPG

The helmet

001.JPG

Yes the cycleport Kevlar suit cost over $1000 and the shark helmet (5 star rated) was over $400, but what would my hospital bill be without them?

Only a shoulder dislocated!

Not a scratch.

smileyfirstaid.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you were ATGATT and are ok. Anxious to hear whether you recovered the bike. Maybe the state patrol can help.

Glad you were wearing your gear.....never leave home without it. Good example for those that ride naked. Your gear keep you from a very painful D&C procedure and possibly skin grafts.

I hope you can fetch your bike and heal fast. I know it has to suck more being 4000 miles from home and in a land where everything is more expensive.

Heal well,
Mike

This just proves that the most experienced riders wear the right gear for a very good reason.
I shake my head every time I see another rider in shorts and a T shirt riding down the road.

In my youth and ignorance as a new rider I did the same. Fortunately as I started putting down serious miles I began to see the light and notice the riders who ride the most are always in full gear.... I respected their experience enough to talk to them about why they wear full gear all the time and they were kind enough to educate me on the importance and the advantages of wearing full gear all the time.

Glad to hear you are OK Old can ride. Hopefully some other new riders will begin to see the reasoning for wearing proper gear and benefit from seeing the results of your incident.

Hope the bike recovers quickly and you are bake on two wheels soon!

PS: you weren't doing one of these freestyle tricks were you?
dirtbike.jpg

I too wear gear all the time and also hi-vis.

Glad you are ok. You had some serious scraps and without the protective gear you for sure would of been in very bad shape. Thanks for sharing with us on this forum.

Ken

The only thing worse than you not wearing all the gear, is wearing all your gear with your girlfriend on the back in shorts, t-shirt and sandals. I see that all the time and shake my head.

Glad to hear you faired well. Those haul roads can be fun but watch out.

The importance of proper clothing is clearly show for my accident on the haul road.

The helmet

View attachment 6000

It poses a question regarding 3/4 helmets. Do the 3/4 shields, being unsupported at the bottom, withstand the hit that OldCanRide's helmet took? Maybe they do, I don't know.

And need we even ask the question of a half helmet and sunglasses?

Greg

Last edited:
Back