• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What color is this bike?

newride

Reaction score
Visit site
I am guessing it is a euro spec model, love the orange'ish color though don't know the year nor color name. Figure was not sold in USA...sadly.
Also,
1. if considering a dct....to replace my manual...what is the best year or anything from 2021 onward is pretty much the same?
2. Is the stock seat still as bad on the newer years as it is on my 2012?

Possible my eyes or computer monitor deceive me though do not think this is the USA stock red color currently offered. I dig orange'ish type colors and blues though thinking the current year blue is a flat color, not gloss paint and I infer that would get marked up vs gloss paint.

1682856681923.png

Last edited:
Nobody could answer your “best year” question without knowing what you want. In my opinion, all years from 2012-2023 are basically good and reliable. Which year(s) are better than others depends on what attributes you feel are important.

If I understand your question correctly, 2021-2023 are unchanged, as far as I know, except for coloring. The manual transmission is not being imported to the USA for ‘23.

So Honda 'jumped the shark' and killed the manual for 23, interesting. Just think when the day comes and we are chatting about the various battery only powered bikes they sell us :)
My question was more about the DCT changes on the NC700/NC750X. If I jump ship and move from my 2012 manual nc700x figure a nc750x dct would be the way to proceed so only important thing to me, mostly, is to have the updated DCT vs the prior gen DCT on the NC line.
Though a better 'stock' seat from honda would be a bonus, as I hate my 2012 seat.
ty

,If you are tall possibly a 19 or 20 would be best. If you are short a 21-23 might be best as they sit over an inch lower than previous models. They made some changes to the 21-23 bikes that may suit you, or may not. If you like blue, the 19 blue was nice. The 21 to 23 are all red.

I have no issue with my 21 seat, after 21 months and 27,000 miles, then again, I've not been unhappy with any seat on any of the 35 motorcycles I have owned. Some were better than others though. Road hardened tush I suppose.

So Honda 'jumped the shark' and killed the manual for 23, interesting. Just think when the day comes and we are chatting about the various battery only powered bikes they sell us :)
My question was more about the DCT changes on the NC700/NC750X. If I jump ship and move from my 2012 manual nc700x figure a nc750x dct would be the way to proceed so only important thing to me, mostly, is to have the updated DCT vs the prior gen DCT on the NC line.
Though a better 'stock' seat from honda would be a bonus, as I hate my 2012 seat.
ty
Honda Motor Co. still builds the manual transmission NC750X, and it is offered in other markets in the world. However, American Honda Motor Co., the North American subsidiary, is not importing the manual version to the USA for the 2023 model year.

The DCT version that follows the 2012 would be the generation launched in 2016. To the best of my knowledge the DCT functionality is unchanged from 2016 thru 2023. Throttle by wire and some electronic riding aids were added at 2021.

I am a fan of cruise control, possible NC750x does not have it nor will Honda add it next model year. Though believe the throttle by wire was required for a bike to have cruise control...could be mistaken, that was the case with the bmw 9Tnine model I think when they did the last upgrade to their bike.

I am a fan of cruise control, possible NC750x does not have it nor will Honda add it next model year though believe the throttle by wire was required for a bike to have cruise control...could be mistaken
Throttle by wire would seemingly make it easy(ier) for cruise control to be added. TBW is obviously not a requirement for cruise control, as my 2002 Goldwing with mechanical steel throttle cables has cruise control.

So, can anyone advise if the youtube video I posted is for a Euro only spec NC color or did they import that color into the USA and if so what year?
ty

All I can say is what appears to be orange-red was never a USA color. What was sold in other markets, I don’t know.

There does seem to be some camera or lighting variations as the bike in the video in some views looks more candy red than the photo in post #1.

B549A65F-A52C-48B5-BE91-15B72999764C.jpegF9FC99E9-D0C9-4177-8FEC-0E351416E55D.jpeg

So, can anyone advise if the youtube video I posted is for a Euro only spec NC color or did they import that color into the USA and if so what year?
ty
I would recommended posting your question on the YouTube channel. Seem like he is responsive. From his profile he is located in the UK.

Back