• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What mods disappointed you or better yet, caused complications you didn't expect.

Curious about all the Givi rust talk! I'll have to peer at my engine guards closer now just to confirm, lol, but even after having flopped a couple times and scraped the left side up, I can't say I've noticed a speck of rust on them. The NCX on the other hand, has quite a few large orange spots on "stainless" steel bits 'n bobs. My rear brake pedal is like it belonged on a KTM...

In general, I'm slowly learning that the Givi stuff gives me the most grief. From poorly written and illustrated instructions, to a defective crash bar, to cheesy saddlebag hardware, to top case brake light wiring contacts that don't mate up, to top case reflectors that look like reflectors but don't actually reflect. I want to like Givi because they make such a wide variety of stuff for our bikes, but they're somewhat lacking in quality and robustness.

If I had to do it over again, I would bypass all the Givi accessories. My engine guard hasn't caused me any issues yet, but I would like them to be out farther than they are.
After seeing LBS's panniers, I would have went that way. I ride in all weather and I'm assuming the winter salt has caused the rust that the Givi pannier hardware has sustained.
The panniers themselves took a hard knock when high winds blew the bike over while I was at work one day and only a few scratches resulted from the fall.
I kind of like the idea of having storage space between the panniers and the tire. I'm sure I'll make a lot more choices that I will regret in the future, but I'll know better next time. Ymmv

Last edited:
Back