• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What was your ride before you discovered/converted to the NC700

Before I purchased my NC700X (last week!), I was riding an '08 Suzuki Burgman 400. In my quest for better fuel-economy and utility, I switched from riding BMW K-bikes to the Burgman - though could never quite wrap my head around riding a scooter.

The NC700X hooked me with its adventurous aspirations, and intelligent engineering. I look forward to riding a bike that has been designed for efficiency, rather than out-horsepowering the competition.

What do I miss about the Burgman? At this point, only its thorough weather protection.

Scott A. Anderson
Blue Mounds, WI
'12 Honda NC700X

Sold the Sprint last spring, and hope to sell the Thruxton this spring.

1. Kawasaki Super Sherpa 250, I will keep this bike because it's a hoot to ride.
2. Honda New Concept Philosophy.
3. Not much because I hope to keep riding different types of motorbikes, each one is a blast.

BigE

ST right side full (1 of 1).jpg2005-Triumph-Thruxton900B.jpg

Last edited:
SCU_5606.jpg

1) Honda Shadow 125 last two years.

2) Global feeling of the NC.

3) The windshield I had on the Sahdow. I never ate a fly.

In the seventies, I got this motorcycle, 125 four strokes, year 1951, easy to repair everywehre, I have done thousand of kilometers through Europe with my GF, tent, sleeping bags, luggages for 15 days. Even pass the Alps, San Gotthard and Splugen Pass.

Attachments

• Motob_cane_Z46C_de_1950redi.jpg
    Motob_cane_Z46C_de_1950redi.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 340
Now thats a blast from the past!!!!!

yeah - it is a 1981 cb900c - the 10 speed!. I had one new in 81 when I was in my early 20s. I rebuilt the one I have now from a $500 basket case. Had it bored out to accept the 985cc big bore kit. Runs like new now - only better. ;)

IMG_0771.jpgI love ridding bikes, but I have been out of the loop for 28 years. My last new motorcycle was back in 1984, a cm250 custom, then I moved on to a used 1982 cb750f super sport, which I still own. I was hit by a car in 1984 at age 19. I broke my right femur. After getting better, I continued to ride bikes for another year, before getting out of the saddle for 27 years. In early May of this year, I was coming from a rc helicopter meeting, when I decided to stop at the Crofton Honda dealership to check out some bikes. I remembered how much fun I had when I was in my teens. Two weeks later I purchased a 2012 CBR250R to commute to work. Well I ended up putting nine thousand miles on that bike in just four month. I soon out grew the CBR250R, and went back to Honda to look for a larger bike. There on the showroom floor, I saw the 2012 NC700X, love at first sight. I took the NC700X or a test ride. It did not take long to get used to the short shifting and low r.p.m. red line. The bike was very smooth and had a lot of torque, great gas millage, and a great price. Two weeks later I purchased the NC700X. I put five thousand on the bike in 3 month. Itis the middle of December and temps dip down into the low thirty's, but I still ride my bike at least two days a week. I can't wait until next summer. Location baltimore md.

Last edited:
Must be something about femurs at the age of 19. I broke my left one at the same age back in '63 when I made the startling discovery that telegraph poles are tougher than femurs. The dmage that I did to my knee at the same time still gives me problems

View attachment 2289I love ridding bikes, but I have been out of the loop for 28 years. My last new motorcycle was back in 1984, a cm250 custom, then I moved on to a used 1982 cb750f super sport, which I still own. I was hit by a car in 1984 at age 19. I broke my right femur. After getting better, I continued to ride bikes for another year, before getting out of the saddle for 27 years. In early May of this year, I was coming from a rc helicopter meeting, when I decided to stop at the Crofton Honda dealership to check out some bikes. I remembered how much fun I had when I was in my teens. Two weeks later I purchased a 2012 CBR250R to commute to work. Well I ended up putting nine thousand miles on that bike in just four month. I soon out grew the CBR250R, and went back to Honda to look for a larger bike. There on the showroom floor, I saw the 2012 NC700X, love at first sight. I took the NC700X or a test ride. It did not take long to get used to the short shifting and low r.p.m. red line. The bike was very smooth and had a lot of torque, great gas millage, and a great price. Two weeks later I purchased the NC700X. I put five thousand on the bike in 3 month. Itis the middle of December and temps dip down into the low thirty's, but I still ride my bike at least two days a week. I can't wait until next summer. Location baltimore md.

Glad your in the wind again!!
The seat on the CBR in your pic sure does look like the NC's!

1) Your previous bike before the NC: 2012 BMW F800ST
2) Just one feature about the NC that got you converted: Operating cost VS my Ford F-150 (80 miles round trip daily)
3) One feature about your previous bike that you miss since your new purchase: Heated Grips (Ordering those today)

I should add, I really liked the paddles for turn signal operation on left and right sides on the 2012 BMW. They have changed it to industry standard for 2013 but I was very used to it and am struggling to unlearn that system.

1. Suzuki 100 cc, Honda CBR 125, Honda CBR 250 RA
2. More power in an upright position with lots of built-in storage
3. Probably the red color of the CBR 250, but I also like the rare silver and yellow color combination of the NC700SA.

Attachments

• 5835194-20120717112135593-orig copy.jpg
    5835194-20120717112135593-orig copy.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 270
1: None
2: Reported user friendliness
3: n/a

First. Bike. Ever.

I went to Bermuda on a business trip to setup an office. Well, they don't rent cars, but they do rent mopeds/scooters. I had so much fun scootin around that little island, I warned the wife that I would be buying one when I got back to the states. The moped facination quickly grew into a motorcycle facination, and when it was all said and done, and I had finished my homework, I decided that the NC700x would be the way to go. Fantastic beginner bike, user friendly, great gas milage, a jack of all trades. Baddaboombaddabing.

1. 2007 Honda Shadow Spirit
2a. All-around versatility
2b. Honda Reliability
2c. Good reviews
3. The Cobra pipes I had on the cruiser

shadow.jpg

Back