• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What 'ya gonna do in Winter?

I'll still be riding too. Down here on Florida's Space Coast it's normally comfortable during winter days (late night and early morning can be a little chilly, but nowhere near as cold as some of you have to contend with). If it gets colder than normal I might even break down and put some miles on the car.

Bob

I'll still be riding too. Down here on Florida's Space Coast it's normally comfortable during winter days (late night and early morning can be a little chilly, but nowhere near as cold as some of you have to contend with). If it gets colder than normal I might even break down and put some miles on the car.

Bob

Hi Bob,

Space Coast here also until May of 2013. I lived in Indian Harbour Beach for 11 years. I am in Melbourne, FL now.

Bob

map-brevard.jpg

Last edited:
Seabee,
I figured you were in the Melbourne area when I saw on one of your posts that you'd bought your NC at Bodine's. I'm up in Titusville.

Bob

Seabee,
I figured you were in the Melbourne area when I saw on one of your posts that you'd bought your NC at Bodine's. I'm up in Titusville.

Bob

I am going to ride this Winter!

Hi thanks for the reply Bob. I am trying not to cross the Indian and Banana River to stay away form the beach with the NCX. Too much salt in the air. I want to be able to move my X up to the mountains with the least amount of salt exposure as possible. I will most likely keep it until May of 2014.

If you ever want to ride just let me know and we can meet half way. Keep in touch! Hey what color is your X? Don't tell me, Silver!! lol Send me a friends request if you are interested.

Seabee Bob

Last edited:
Seabee Bob,
What makes you think I got the Silver NC? I wanted something different, so I got the Black version with silver trim ;) .
next time I head down your way, I'll send you a PM. Maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Bob

Wired a battery tender with leads extending around the airbox, tucks away nicely on the left side of the bike up in the opening for the forks, inside the side panels. Plan on leaving this permenately. Only thing left to do is clean, oil, and adjust the chain.

Winter's about the only time around here when it's genuinely pleasant (completely gorgeous, actually) to ride! It's also much nicer for rifle matches, hiking, taking walks and bike rides... Winter's the 'fun' season here.

Winter's about the only time around here when it's genuinely pleasant (completely gorgeous, actually) to ride! It's also much nicer for rifle matches, hiking, taking walks and bike rides... Winter's the 'fun' season here.

I think I need to make it to Arizona...sounds fun!

I just put my nc into storage for three months last weekend.
Now its time for some downhill skiing and once the lakes are frozen some snowkiting.
snowkite.jpg
And our dog will be happy to take me for some long walks.
March will come around quickly.

We don't have "harsh" winters and all us softies in Switzerland have indoor garages for our vehicles.
Although I can even write a small handbook on "how to winterise your motor vehicle", I don't do it myself.
My NCX has been just sitting on the mainstand for last 4 weeks, with no start, no battery tender, nothing.

Today (or tomorrow), I might just go and fire up the cold engine. I might even get out for a short ride if the weather is clear and sunny (but cold).
:p

PS: This forum somehow reminds me that I actually got one of these babies.

We don't have harsh winter here either. I remember we got about three inches of snow in 1972. A blizzard for us! Riding all winter is an option many of us do!

Last edited:
Back