• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's in your frunk?

bonnielover

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to suggest an official collection of what people are carrying in their frunks. (previous posters - please move your pics/post to here). I'll start it off with...

Chinese food for four.

ChineseFood1b.jpgChineseFood1.jpgChineseFood2.jpgChinesFood3.jpg

Packet of tobacco that my GF doesn't know about. Chewing gum to hide smell of smoke after every ride. Road map of Northern highlands of Scotland. Camera. Fleece.

I commute in the afternoon one direction to work, and in the wee-early morning the other direction (4PM in, 5-6AM back), so my frunk usually consists of one or the other set of riding gear. If it's the afternoon, it'll have warm gloves in it, along with a neck fleece, possibly a balaclava, probably my wallet and cell phone too. If it's on my way home, it'll have my thin breathable gloves, and just about nothing else. LOL.

In the winter it's about 30-40F on my way home, and about 60F on my way in. Yesterday it was 100F on my way in and 60F on my way home. No matter what, I'm less comfortable one direction or the other. :)

Gloves, slime pump and air gauge , cargo net, license and insurance ( no car), small spritz bottle and micro fiber cloth, side stand foot for hot asphalt, owners manual.

Static items always in there:
Necessary documents (registration and insurance) strapped behind the rubber band thingie (where the u-Lock would go)
Owners manual in the document holder at the very bottom.

I commute back & forth to work, so depending on the day/work load:

Briefcase type shoulder bag with lunch and other day-carry goodies (glasses, Motrin, usb flash drives, small first aid kit, water bottle, Kindle etc.)
On the days where I bring work home: my laptop, power cords, mouse and any other work-related paperwork. Also my lunch & water bottle.

I have a tank bag that has 2 pair of gloves (thinsulated cold weather & vented warm weather), side stand plate (a metal electrical box cover), and a Leatherman & Maglite in a combo pouch with a Sharpie and a pen. I am also going to add a small notepad as well.

I put the gloves in there because one morning, I was riding with my vented warm weather gloves on, and my fingers started to get cold. So I pulled over and stopped, had to shut the bike off, remove key, open frunk, change gloves, start bike back up again, than ride away.
This way all I have to do is pull over, take gloves out of tank bag, swap them, and ride away (no, I didn't make one of those wicked cool key-in-a cap for the frunk - but that is awesome!)

One more thing. My frunk cover is almost open (unlatched) all the time, even when parked or riding at 120kmh. Yes, all stuff inside intact.

A wind breaker that goes over or under my mesh jacket, as needed. A ball cap for the really bad helmet hair days. A bottle of water. All the stock stuff document, tool kit, and the top case key.

When I move all my daily stuff to the NC it will also have spare ear plugs, a face shield cleaner liquid, microfiber cloth, sunscreen, in a giant chap-stick type applicator, an extra pair of gloves. The garage door opener will be a Flash to Pass. It works great, but needs to be installed.

Mother Honda, in her infinite wisdom elected to use a different key for the top case. The ignition key matches the side cases but not the top case. Frunk Me! I don't like extra keys chewing up the top triple clamp.

Cell Phone Pic... Top case key on a binder clip holder:
20l1hf9.jpg

Static items always in there:
Necessary documents (registration and insurance) strapped behind the rubber band thingie (where the u-Lock would go)

I have a question: Why do people keep these documents in their vehicles instead of on their person? if someone steals the car or bike the thief will be able to prove ownership. Also when you come out of the store and you discover your vehicle stolen it will take you that much longer to get all the needed info to the police.

I don't know my bike plate number from memory let alone the vin or the insurance policy number. I keep all that stuff in my wallet.

Would someone explain?

I have a question: Why do people keep these documents in their vehicles instead of on their person? if someone steals the car or bike the thief will be able to prove ownership. Also when you come out of the store and you discover your vehicle stolen it will take you that much longer to get all the needed info to the police.

I don't know my bike plate number from memory let alone the vin or the insurance policy number. I keep all that stuff in my wallet.

Would someone explain?

If a cop stopped someone who stole the bike he'd see registration & insurance with one name and driver's license with another. Just as with my car I keep the documents on the vehicle so I always have them to show if/when pulled over. It's always up to the cop to decide if the thief borrowed the bike legitimately and if you report it stolen he should know it after he calls in the license number. The thief would need the title to re-register it and that is kept in a safe place away from the vehicle!
You can always copy the license & insurance info to a separate piece of paper kept in your wallet if you need it to report your bike stolen!

Last edited:
I keep a tire patch kit, pressure gauge, extra fuses, and registration/insurance in the document compartment at the bottom. I usually have my national parks passport and my little black book of day trips/mileages in the rubber band. The rest of the frunk is usually holding my purse/lunch or my helmet.
When it cools down a bit I'm oing to pull the lid off and see what my beagle thinks of the bike.

Would someone explain?

If I kept my registration and insurance for all my vehicles in my wallet it wouldn't close. Proof of ownership would be the title, the registration just shows you paid the state its operation tax. Aside from that, my bike occaisionally gets ridden by someone other than myself, and this way the info is with them without me having to remember to hand anything off. If my bike was ever stolen I would just log into the insurance site on my phone and pull my VIN, etc from that.

Last edited:
Most of the time, my helmet, rain liner, and gloves are either in use or in the frunk.
Owners manual is in the owners manual compartment along with an insurance card (the other is in my wallet), the "tool kit" (i.e. screw driver and fuse puller) that came with the bike are in behind the bungie along with a plastic piece for the kick stand.

Earlier today I had planned to get oil and an oil filter in there for my first oil change, but was unable to find a suitable filter (sold out) or oil (did not carry) at any store that was open. Also today I had some butter, mushrooms, frozen peas, and ice cream sandwiches home from the grocery store (shoring up the ingredients for dinner tonight, and ice cream sandwiches because it sounded good, and that kind of thing happens when the wife sends me to the grocery store.)

If I kept my registration and insurance for all my vehicles in my wallet it wouldn't close. Proof of ownership would be the title, the registration just shows you paid the state its operation tax. Aside from that, my bike occaisionally gets ridden by someone other than myself, and this way the info is with them without me having to remember to hand anything off. If my bike was ever stolen I would just log into the insurance site on my phone and pull my VIN, etc from that.

Thanks for the explanation of why you do it.

Water,maps behind rubber band.phone.extra jacket if needed.all kinds of space left.never keep important paper on bike or in the.cages.if pulled over they can look it up and you have 10 days to show proof if needed.

A wind breaker that goes over or under my mesh jacket, as needed. A ball cap for the really bad helmet hair days. A bottle of water. All the stock stuff document, tool kit, and the top case key.

When I move all my daily stuff to the NC it will also have spare ear plugs, a face shield cleaner liquid, microfiber cloth, sunscreen, in a giant chap-stick type applicator, an extra pair of gloves. The garage door opener will be a Flash to Pass. It works great, but needs to be installed.

Mother Honda, in her infinite wisdom elected to use a different key for the top case. The ignition key matches the side cases but not the top case. Frunk Me! I don't like extra keys chewing up the top triple clamp.

Cell Phone Pic... Top case key on a binder clip holder:

I have had the key changed to the ignition key.
I now have 1 key for all.
Honda has a key kit for this.
:p
Yes, my dealer did it FOC for me.

Back