• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's needed?

Meanwhile, I've been looking at almost every other m/c made and haven't decided on anything. I love much about the NC, but there's at least as much that I don't like. I'd love to take a look at the Africa Twin but haven't found time yet. Last night I was looking at Honda website for AT and the installation instructions for heated grips. The instructions run 20 pages. I like doing stuff for myself, but it looks like that would take me 2 days. Why, I sometimes wonder, won't Honda make things just a little simpler? I'm just about too old for that kind of stuff.

I bought a center stand with my NC, planning on installing it myself. My dealer decided to install it for free and surprised me with it. I would see if you could have your dealership install as part of the deal. Otherwise, I would go for some well designed aftermarket stuff; Here's some heated grips that look interesting-
Koso Apollo Heated Grips Review - webBikeWorld
AM1110301-600x600.jpg

Per 670cc:

"Be aware that the official Honda accessories can be purchased for 25-28% off list price and free shipping any day of the week from certain internet sites. So if the dealer tries to wow you with a 10% off deal, well it's not much of a deal."

I'd love to know what those internet sites are so I can look around. I'm still in the looking stage, want to make the right decisions for me before I start on this.

Within 1 week I fitted extra lights to fenders no need for light bracket, and hyperlites at rear. Must be seen
Within 1 month, seat upgrade, windscreen upgrade and centerstand
Within 6 months, aux power outlet on handlebars, top case and radiator guard.
I don't ride off road, mainly 2-400 trips and daily commute
Just recently added hand guards for winter

I am 32 inseam, africa twin I think you Will Find is higher, And VFR1200X even Taller, Although I Think There's A Lower seat option

Per 670cc:

"Be aware that the official Honda accessories can be purchased for 25-28% off list price and free shipping any day of the week from certain internet sites. So if the dealer tries to wow you with a 10% off deal, well it's not much of a deal."

I'd love to know what those internet sites are so I can look around. I'm still in the looking stage, want to make the right decisions for me before I start on this.

Don't know about 25%-28% but these guys seem to be around 15% for OEM: 2016 NC700X Accessories - Honda Genuine Accessories - Honda Powersports

Last edited:
[Just to be contrary.. ride the bike and see what you would like to improve. Maybe based on the amount you ride you won't need to do anything...]

I agree completely. It's similar to asking people which brand/model is the best running shoe - almost everyone will have a different best choice. Just ride it first, then decide.

Last edited:
My Honda dealer will usually match prices. I try to do business there when possible...I would like them to be there when I need them.

I bought a great seat from Corbin out of CA. I even got a military discount without asking. Best investment of the whole deal. I did dress my 2012 out pretty well when I bought it, but the seat is too narrow for us Americans and angled poorly sucj that you end up on the tank at a stop light.nc 700x -2.jpgNc 700x -1.jpg Taller windscreen, saddle bags, rear box, center stand is a must.

Welcome fellow Michigander! Looks like you've got a nice set up there. But not sure if you're asking about your seat and/or any other needed mods.

Looks like you've got the full Honda luggage set, center stand, and a larger windshield. The only other thing that comes to mind is a 12v/USB charger. But that's not mandatory. I'd say you're ready to put the miles on!

Congrats!

Back