• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's your top speed?

Here's a video that shows the bike on test equipment. The equipment calculates what the bike's top speed is.
Do we believe the test equipment? Maybe...
but to answer the question...what's my top speed? ....... 75...
I won't take this bike, or any bike, much past that. I didn't buy it because it was a speed demon...there are plenty of other bikes that do that.
TOP SPEED 188.26 KPH = 116.97 MPH
Makes me wonder why they didn't test in in 6th gear, just 3,4, and 5.
I'm guessing they use 5th as many bikes won't pull redline in top gear so 5th lets the engine achieve an over-run past peak horsepower, software has numerical gear ratios and calculates top speed based on peak power in 6th gear. Top speed on a dyno does not account for aerodynamic drag however, just a theoretical speed on a rolling road.

Top speed on a dyno does not account for aerodynamic drag however, just a theoretical speed on a rolling road.

For me, that eliminates more variables. Makes it easier to compare different bikes. For my beloved NC700x, I know the top speed is somewhere around 115 MPH.... probably less than that with all the things you mentioned....but.... close enough for me.
It's one of those questions people sometimes ask.... "hey, what's the bike's top speed".... at least I can give a mostly accurate number.

I've only ever been upto 75mph on a brief burst and that is probably the maximum I'll ever do.
There are stretches of Arizona Freeway where 75 is the posted speed limit, so I was obliged to go that.
Between 65 and 70 is my "Southern Comfort Zone" ... to paraphrase a Brad Paisley song.

There are stretches of Arizona Freeway where 75 is the posted speed limit, so I was obliged to go that.
Between 65 and 70 is my "Southern Comfort Zone" ... to paraphrase a Brad Paisley song.

Yep, the toll road here that I'll take if I'm late for work is 80 mph posted limit.... which means everyone is doing 90 mph. You'd get squished doing 75 mph.

The good news is, the NC manages to keep up just fine. I've never gone for full on top speed, but I know it's somewhere over 105 mph.

trey

I'm still waiting for my DCT bike. But 80 mph on the DCT bike is around 4.000 RPM (if i remember correct), i don't know about the manual version.

my top speed is 107 mph downhill :D

but this guy in youtube has a top speed of 121 mph / 195 km/h

[video=youtube_share;TcW7jzkuBmg]http://youtu.be/TcW7jzkuBmg[/video]

OK, I'm new here, just purchased a used 2012 manual today. On my test ride the speedo proved pretty accurate, was 2 mph optimistic at GPS 100 mph. Since it was still just pulling I let up on it. Tonight on the way home after buying it I could squeeze 106 on the Speedo. Since that's a real 104 it seemed pretty fast. Still, I hoped it'd go 110 like my old R75/5 would...

Anyway, it cruises 75-80 no problem and that's what I want for my recreational desert and Sierra riding. Still, just a little more urge for getting around those Miata's in the mountains would be nice.

How can you own a bike and not find out how fast it goes? I've owned a lot of bikes (75 or so) since 1971, and every one I found out pretty quick what the top speed was. Of course, a lot of those were before GPS so the 167mph on the Katana was probably more like 150. I did have a GPS on my unfaired S4R and 155 on that was happily the fastest it would go - I started worrying about the suck on my back. And just so you don't think I have a speed problem I've own three different CT90's (I like them) all of which could not quite crack 50mph.

I got 104 on a slight upward incline on my S model. This was gps verified and felt like the bike had a lil more to give. Was against a bit of a wind too. Highly doubt I will ride this bike at that speed again as it is more comfy at around 85 - 90 mph as a top crusing speed being a naked bike.

6.jpg

Top Speed started about 105mph, then I added stuff. Now about 95mph. Can still run 80mph all day long, and that is what matters.

smileyzipmouth.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen 112 mph and that's it, there is no more. That said, I haven't been able to achieve that consistently. On other runs I have seen 107mph, 109mph (x2), 110mph. Each time its been on the same type of smooth/flat road with similar weather, maybe slightly cooler on the 112mph run. And this is the ONLY bike in recent memory that I have owned that wouldn't redline in top gear. I'm a very consistent rider, turning consistent lap times at the track (karts, bikes, autocross etc.) but this is the most inconsistent bike. It serves its purpose but I am still not sold on it.

I stopped at 105mph, still had a little left and I am also 210lbs (started exercising last week, got to lose some weight before it causes health problems), actually it was 105mph on the speedo and 104 on the Gps, most accurate speedo I have had on my last 5 bikes. That will be the only time I do triple digits on the bike (I do it once on all my bikes and then done). The bike will cruise all day long at 80-85mph with no problem (btdt) and zips past 90mph quite easily. Have fun guys.

And this is the ONLY bike in recent memory that I have owned that wouldn't redline in top gear.

Most of the sportbikes I've owned wouldn't redline in top gear, especially the Ducati's which are so geared so high you cruise in 4th or 5th. I think most bikes are geared high for economy, sound, and low vibs highway cruising. The Sprint RS I have now the redline is 165-168 but I don't think it will go past 145-150 in 5th or 6th. My 1200cc Sportster with its built 10.5-1 engine whams the limiter at 120, which BTW is a silly speed on that bike.

But even before your comment I was thinking about what happens if you lower the overall gearing. Right now my bike hits the rev limiter in 5th at 99. it runs up against that fairly quickly but in 6th it's soft from there to TS. maybe a reduction of 5 - 7 mph in TS will get me to the 110.:) BTW, on my 1971 R75/5 it was right at redline at 111 mph, however 75 on that bike wasn't as smooth and effortless feeling as on the NCX. Would a few hundred more RPM's hurt the bike's economy and smoothness at highway speeds? Don't know, but the answer is probably somewhere in this forum. it's easy to go a tooth less on the front just to see, that's if the sprocket is available.

Top Speed started about 105mph, then I added stuff. Now about 95mph. Can still run 80mph all day long, and that is what matters.

This is really my requirement too. My bike needs to feel free and easy at reasonable highway speeds. Aside from my compulsion to "see what it can do" I ride 70-75 on open highways. I do a fair amount of fireroads and desert dirt (sand really) roads in my rides. Not adventure riding per say but I never want to feel like I can't go out to that scenic viewpoint or mountain top or fire lookout. I had a BMW Boxer Cup Replika for a while that was simply too gorgeous to risk on a dirtroad, I didn't keep it long.

Did it only once, got up to 119 going down hill past vista point on hwy 4. It's a long
straight away with no side roads. That was fast enough!!!

Last edited:
my top speed is 107 mph downhill :D

but this guy in youtube has a top speed of 121 mph / 195 km/h

[video=youtube_share;TcW7jzkuBmg]http://youtu.be/TcW7jzkuBmg[/video]

If you wanna save yourself some time he doesn't hit 195 km until the 3:55 mark. I'm not so sure I would have tried that on the road he chose. At least not on the NC.

I've only gotten up to 80mph. Really don't plan and taking it higher unless I'm in Texas for some reason. They have higher speed limits. I usually don't go any more than 10mph over the posted limit.

I wasn't always this way. Just don't care about that kind of thing anymore.

Back