• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

When you run low and/or hit reserve fuel level, what happens?

Has anyone had a problem with the fuel gauge showing two bars and running out? Thats what happen to me the other day. Pissed me off being a newer bike (under 5k). I don't see why it would matter but would a slip on exhaust have anything to do with causing a sticking float or bad fuel sending unit whatever it has? I'm taking mine in under warranty so not sure if I should put the stock exhaust back on?

My fuel gauge is a bit spastic between one bar and two bars...
Some times if I ride really conservatively when it is flashing, I'll get another bar, at this point I assume the hyper efficient engine is running in reverse pulling water and CO2 from through the exhaust and turning it into gasoline.

Of course some times when I'm on a flashing bar and accelerate hard out of a stoplight, it'll also go back up to 2 bars, it also happens when stopping, going up or down hills, or generally moving at all... I'm guessing either some sort of magic regenerative fuel system powered by kinetic energy (like those no wind mechanical watches) or, potentially more realistically, gas sloshing in the tank and a fuel gauge that is rather inaccurate.

Mostly I keep tabs on my miles and refill some where between 180 and 200...

Apparently due to the location of the fuel level sender in the tank, sloshing fuel forward lowers the "bars" on the dash, and sloshing it aft raises the bars. When mine is on the fence between bars, accelerating or going uphill raises the indicated level, and slowing or going downhill lowers the indicated level.

Back