• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where do you out your toll pass?

rhody987

Reaction score
Visit site
tapepuja.jpg

I've got ideas but trying not to disturb the airflow too much. Thought about even keeping it in my jacket pocket.

In some places the required place for the toll pass is your front windshield. It just depends on the rules used by the system you are required to use.

The ideal,spot is top of windshield, when I drive I just toss it in the dash... Not really a NC option, I was going to go with back of Madstad adapter plate, but didn't know if the metal would interfere with the signal.

I haven't tried it yet, but I was thinking of the inside of the frunk lid. I don't think that there is any metal in the lid that would shield the signal, but I don't know that for sure. At any rate one of these days I plan on trying it and seeing if that location works.

Bob

I was wondering about this myself. I think the metal plate of the Madstad will interfere with the radio waves the transponder uses. I'm gonna put in on the top of my stuff in the frunk and give it a try this week.

I don't have one to test it out with, but maybe you can put it on the outside of the frunk behind the fake air duct? I think it would fit up against the plastic.

That's a perfect location. I don't want it on my windscreen because it looks ugly and might get stolen. If I didn't share one transponder between my bike and our cars, then I'd stick into the air duct.

It most likely won't work behind the Madstad plate, it's made of aluminum. The transponder companies tell you to wrap it in aluminum foil if you want to block it's signal.

If you're not using an aluminum plate, you can make a mount out of an angle bracket and mount it to that with the dual lock tape. To make it blend in a little better, you can paint the box black.

Here's a pic of the bracket I made, which I attached to the dash panel mount screw on the back side.
Z49w5mUDVufdwvu6bvrs_eYFYY-Mfa3WcC2qYWXFtG4

Here's a pic of what it looks like once you paint it and mount it with a windshield mounted.
szATD8MCwfQcYL2mwF26UPKMRdR0YWisZ2uBr3rx3zw

You know you don't really need to mount the transponder/tag. The antenna on the canopy is frequently tested and mapped to read the transponders/tag. Especially on a motorcycle because its not surrounded by metal (like a car). Just put it in your chest pocket.
Also, the violation camera's will capture every vehicle that goes through. The computer data base matches up the license plate with the account. If they match, then its deducted from your account, if NOT then you will receive a ticket. If you do not pay the ticket then when you renew your registration there will be a note on there that you must pay the violations FIRST.

Just make sure that the vehicles that you use is on your account.

See you on the bridge or on the hot lanes !
Ken

I just got my NC yesterday, so no plates. Thinking about just going through, transponder or not! Otherwise, I have the transponder from my car...

I'm actually going to try to call them tomorrow.

Florida allows charge by tag. My cars have Sunpass and my bike lisc. is registered with Sunpass. I don't need a Sunpass on the bike in SFLA. I also try to split the lanes when going under the sensors, as most sensors in SFLA are just overhead and not individual booths.

I have been having issues with this myself. My i-pass is not being picked up by the sensors on the tollways. I called and asked because I do not want to get a ticket but the rep said that the system was going to match the plate to my account, she said it would take about 2 to 4 days. It has not happened yet. I have tried on front pocket of jacket, frunk and backpack. Still no luck. I think next I will try will be to mounted on the windshield I just want to secure it real well in order no to loose it on a bump.

TOny

I just got my NC yesterday, so no plates. Thinking about just going through, transponder or not!

I keep my Fastrack transponder in my jacket chest pocket. I figured that would be enough and went through before receiving my license plate (because the Fastrack lane is the only way to get the carpool discount) and I got pulled over for it.
Nice officer. Let me off with a warning and many positive comments about the NC (especially the Frunk). :cool:

Talked to the people today, registered the bikes plate and don't even need to care if it reads (not what they said but what their, "if it doesn't scan we run the plates" policy means. To try though I fastened it to the top of my trunk (inside).

Well, the sensors at the Golden Gaye Bridge had no trouble reading my Fastrak transponder while it was inside the frunk. I tucked in behind the elastic bands that are supposed to hold a U lock.

As long as you remove the shine metalized bag from the transponder the sensor antenna should pick it up.
If not, the violation enforment cameras will snap at least 4 shots of you going through the lane. If you have an account and had your license plate on file, everything will be good. If not, they will send you a bill.
If you do everything right and you still get a bill, call or write in with the transponder number.
Transponders do go bad.

trunk lid 001.jpg

I velcro'd mine to the inside of the frunk lid. There's a raised area where my EZ tag and garage door opener can fit without interfereing with the helmet in the frunk. I've had the tag there for almost a year without any problems.

Last edited:
Back