• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where does this go?

Ok so i took the rear wheel off and now I'm trying to get it back on, what sides do these go to?

The flanged one goes on the sprocket side and the unflanged one on the brake side. Even though the bearings are sealed, you can pack some new bearing grease under the seal lip before reinstalling to help prevent water from getting to the bearings.

Last edited:
The flanged one goes on the sprocket side and the unflanged one on the brake side. Even though the bearings are sealed, you can pack some new bearing grease under the seal lip before reinstalling to help prevent water from getting to the bearings.

Not just good, but great to see you back! We sure can all use your expert advise!

I rode down 98 (????) through Danielsville today on my way home from the mountains. I looked for Beemerphile but did not see him. If I did I did not recognize him. But I looked. Good to see a post Lee.

I rode down 98 (????) through Danielsville today on my way home from the mountains. I looked for Beemerphile but did not see him. If I did I did not recognize him. But I looked. Good to see a post Lee.

You missed me by seven miles (north on US 29). I'd have circled you in with a call.

This shows where the extra grease goes under the seal lip...

lenita grease.jpg

This shows the flanged spacer in place. The brake side is left as an exercise for the student...

lenita gnarley rear tar.jpg

Lee,
Missed you at the Finger Lakes rally. We had a great time but the rally itself is not what it used to be. Fewer attendees and no venders. We still had a great time visiting some winery's and the Curtis Museum for the third time.

Lee,
Missed you at the Finger Lakes rally. We had a great time but the rally itself is not what it used to be. Fewer attendees and no venders. We still had a great time visiting some winery's and the Curtis Museum for the third time.

What can I say Gene? My Honda NC700x with its legendary reliability let me down. It would have been my 3rd Finger Lakes BMW Rally in a row on the Honda. It always drew a crowd of very interested F650 riders. Maybe next year I go on a BMW. I used to live in the Finger Lakes region (one lake west on Keuka Lake)

What can I say Gene? My Honda NC700x with its legendary reliability let me down. It would have been my 3rd Finger Lakes BMW Rally in a row on the Honda. It always drew a crowd of very interested F650 riders. Maybe next year I go on a BMW. I used to live in the Finger Lakes region (one lake west on Keuka Lake)
We went to the Switz Inn on Sunday and had a great time. Do you know this guy? OP, sorry to hijack this thread.

Just curious, what part of the NC700x let you down. Trying to create a list of parts that might fail or things that need to be looked at very carefully before heading to CA and maybe further north, end of Sept. Remember making sure I checked and re-greased the final drive and splines on my K75RTA before every long venture, and having an extra diode board on my R100RS before same. If not wanting to open that can of worms up just send me pmessage. Missed your presence, as all did. I need to relearn the BMW thinking as after the K75 I only rode the GL1800 for 11 years and forgot the needed checks and maintenance the BMW required to perform so much better than most other rides. Never had a BMW leave me stranded but did have to replace some expensive parts every now and then. Nickles's IBMWR list was a great help in finding the problems before they caught you out and about. After a friend's diode board died on the way to the 95 BMWMOA rally I always had one. Things have changed as I remember being in the Denver BMW (1995) shop at 4pm on a Sat and having a GS rider come in and ask for some major parts and asked if he needed any special tools not in the tool kit. When they asked him why as his GS was under warranty he said he needed to get back to work on Monday and it was a days ride away and it was too late (Sat 4:30pm) for them to do it. The owner (also rider and former wrench) said roll it in here we'll get you out before midnight, you go get some sleep and leave us your number and we will call you. Wow that is what BMW became to mean to me. I came through Denver on a Thursday heading back to TX. on a Honda GL1100 Std. with carb issues and the Denver Honda dealer said it would be the next Tuesday before they could look at it so I just bought a dozen plugs (#3 would foul a plug if ran > 3300) and left. Colorado Springs told me Oct 27 would be the earliest appointment.... Made it home ok ( used 8 of the plugs) and the SA Dealer took me right in a replaced the throttle body. They always placed travelers to the first of the line so between BWM (old dealers) and Joe Harrison I was spoiled. Since that is not the same anymore guess need to prepare a little more. Thanks

Last edited:
Back