• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which tyres (tires?)?

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
In the UK the NC comes with either Bridgestone or Metzeler tyres. Is this the same in the US (OK I know that they come tires over there:) ) and other non UK countries?
If so which do you prefer?

Mine came with the Bridgestone tires. Not sure what I'll get when they need to be replaced but I know some other riders have said the Metzeler's aren't as good on wet roads. I haven't had Metzler's to know for myself though.

Mine has the Bridgestone 023 which I have used all the year round on the Deauvilles (NT700) that I owned previously with very good results especially in the wet. I must admit however that I use PR3s on my Crossrunner as they are a bit sportier

I got the Metzelers and are quite happy with them. They have been running about 5000 km by now and will be changed to PR3's in about another 5000 km.

Mine has Metzelers. 6000 km so far, and happy with them. I don't know if they will rest until the 12000 km service. I can't comment about the BT ones by now

Mine has Metzelers. 6000 km so far, and happy with them. I don't know if they will rest until the 12000 km service. I can't comment about the BT ones by now
Mine are BTs. They stick quite well, and I do go down low in corners, no slip no fears.
I do love Metzeler brand too.

Mine has the Bridgestones also, they stick very well in the curves so far. Only slip as of yet, was on pavement with light coat of oil and gravel in the corner.
Yes! My a$$ got some payback out of the seat that time!
The chicken strips on my NC are only a 1/4'' long now.

Mine came with the Metzelers. My last bike came with Dunlops and I changed to Metzelers and was AMAZED at the difference! I plan on sticking with the Metz! They are a good quality tire in my opinion.

My Metz have no chicken strips after the New York trip. They did well in the rain, of which I had plenty. I did manage to slide the rear in an intersection overshoot at night in the rain. I can't blame the tires for that.

I recently had my first change of tyre and suck with the 023s as it appears some other tyres inc the Metz have a clearance problem with the Ermax hugger

If the hugger clearance is so close that a different brand of tire will not fit, it would seem too close if you were to encounter packing mud or if a stone were to carry over in the tread. I would be looking at ways to modify the mount for increased clearance, but I guess that you have come to expect that of me.

I have been stopped cold on unpaved roads in bad weather by mud packed under the fender - and this was with fenders having normal clearance. Digging mud out from under the fender in the rain with a locally sourced stick is a poor addition to the hobby.

My bike got the Metzeler tires and so far I love them.

My last bike I was using PR2 and then PR3. Love those PR tires.

Queston on NCX tires... Even though the rear tire on the NCX are the same size as the one on my last bike... It looks way smaller.... Even though it's 160-60-17... Anyone notice that? I hope NCX doesn't require it's own spec tires...

Well... My bike has a sticker in the swingarm with the tyre presure data. It says specifically Metzeler and Bridgestone... :confused:

That's because Honda contracted with them to supply tires for the nc. All bikes have either a sticker or a recommendation in the manual. Any tire of the same size will work. For my money my next set will be the PR2

Try out Dual Sport Tires. They are just the best and they provide the perfect performance on all road surfaces and in all seasons they are reliable..

In responses we should remember this is a global forum with a variety of countries or jurisdictions represented. In the USA I can fit any tire brand or size that will fit but in some countries only OEM approved tires pass inspection and other choices render the bike unridable on public roads.

Back