• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Who's not happy with their seat?

Rocky just added pics of an NCX he just did for a customer to his site. It's a solo with a recover on the pillion area. The grey is a basket weave that he just received...

Looks nice, but the real question is how's it sit? It does look as though the back part of the seat is scooped lower...

Thanks.

Looks nice, but the real question is how's it sit? It does look as though the back part of the seat is scooped lower...

Thanks.

We'll find out soon, since my seat is on the way to Rocky. I'll report when I get it back. What I will say is I'm sure it will be light years ahead of what we have now. I have owned several custom seats and there is no comparison to stock. I may not have said this before but I have no connection the BMS. I'm only trying to find a good product for us. I'm sure that eventually Corbin and Sargent will offer seats for our bikes, but they will not be made for you.

Rocky installed a new seat on my NC last week and I absolutely love it! I rode ~350mi on it on Saturday, and it felt wonderful the entire time. It is a little taller and a much more stable/comfortable neutral fit than the poor stock seat. I highly recommend Bill Mayer Saddles (BMS)!!! By the way, I fortunately only live 25mi from BMS...but when I was there last week the two other guys who were there with me getting their new custom seat had ridden hundreds of miles to get one.

I am finding the more I ride mine the more comfortable the seat is becoming. Maybe I am just developing callus's on my ***!

I had his brother Rick do my Vstrom seat and it was AWSOME !!!.
The more I ride on my stock NC seat the worse it gets.I'm a big guy and I only have about 450 miles on the bike but i'm starting to feel the base on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...i have no problems with the seat....it is them balls i have trouble with....no blood is going in or out of em after 1hour.....

Seriously, I have no real problems with this seat, except for the occasional sliding forward at the lights.

I feel the same.yes at lights i may slide a bit.but out on the open road i have no pro lemon with it.maybe itsunami because of my cruzer seat before which was rough.to me the nc seat is not so bad.it just needs that break in period.

...i have no problems with the seat....it is them balls i have trouble with.... banging the frunk tank
can't be worst than mine!!
me.jpg

I made a simple bracket to raise the seat like other have. I've just sat on it a while. It feels better already. Hope to get all of my parts delivered soon so I can put her back together and ride.
Mike

...i have no problems with the seat....it is them balls i have trouble with....no blood is going in or out of em after 1hour.....

Seriously, I have no real problems with this seat, except for the occasional sliding forward at the lights.

you may be putting pressure on the prudental nerve, from your seat??? read up on this nerve, you do not what to damage it, that's why bicycle seats have a cut out in them in the center, i will post a pic of my new seat later this week. dale

I made a simple bracket to raise the seat like other have. I've just sat on it a while. It feels better already. Hope to get all of my parts delivered soon so I can put her back together and ride.
Mike
Like previous bikes I did not immediately change out the seat but waited a while to adapt to it (or not). After many day rides with a few 400 or 500 mile days and that 1000 mile day back in October I was pretty much OK with the stock seat to 10,000 miles but a couple weeks ago I did the simple Showkey modification of fabricating a new seat hold-down bracket and raised the front of the seat about 1/2". I rode the bike 350 miles last Friday and now I am certain the seat is just fine the way it is.

Last edited:
Like previous bikes I did not immediately change out the seat but waited a while to adapt to it (or not). After many day rides with a few 400 or 500 mile days and that 1000 mile day back in October I was pretty much OK with the stock seat to 10,000 miles but a couple weeks ago I did the simple Showkey modification of fabricating a new seat hold-down bracket and raised the front of the seat about 1/2". I rode the bike 350 miles last Friday and now I am certain the seat is just fine the way it is.

That's good to hear Dave. I too try not to change anything right off the bat. I have barely ridden this bike yet and I don't want to spend money that isn't required. I could tell a difference already with the Showkey mod and I think it will help a bunch. Hopefully, I will ride this weekend.
Mike

I just had a revelation.

Many people here complained about the seat and lack of comfort, etc.
Is it due to the size and thickness of the poh-flesh available on our butts?

Many of us are middle-age and some are nearing or in retirement. (that is like 40-70)
As such, the amount of flesh between our trousers and the butt-bone is thinner than most younger folks (say 18-30).

Is this the real reason for the most-frequently-complained grouse? It is really a case of bone hitting the bottom?

I still have some meat left on those cheeks....
:p
:rolleyes:

I think I'm the only one here who doesn't have a problem with the seat. I wish it was lower, but other than that I've never had the issues with it that others seem to have. I've had plenty of bikes that have had horrible stock seats, but the NC (at least for me) isn't one of them.

I agree with tweak89, I don't really have a problem with the stock seat either. It is a lot more supportive and comfortable than many other seats i've tried on other bikes. The worst seat I've ever had is the stock seat on my 95 KLR. Too narrow and too hard for my bony butt.

Many people here complained about the seat and lack of comfort, etc.
Is it due to the size and thickness of the poh-flesh available on our butts?

For me the problem is the forward slope of the seat. I believe that's what most others have a problem with as well.

I only have a problem with the seat after an hour or more of riding. I do that quite a bit though, so it's rising on the list of priorities.

Back