• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why I like my NC700 DCT

Been in "D" since I bought it 8,000 miles ago. Add me to the list of those that love the DCT and the light weight/economy of the NC....To me, it seems the perfect size. I'm old enough to remember when a 650cc bike was a big bike and a 74 inch pan head dresser was enormous...

Been in "D" since I bought it 8,000 miles ago. Add me to the list of those that love the DCT and the light weight/economy of the NC....To me, it seems the perfect size. I'm old enough to remember when a 650cc bike was a big bike and a 74 inch pan head dresser was enormous...

Ditto .... remember the first time on a 66 X-6Hustler (250cc) , coming from a 150 twin, saw the sky in a new dimension ..... Almost trashed the bike on my first ride.... Sure seems like the DCT handles everything well, real off-road (HondaBikePro), diverse riding (yearroundrider) and you for LD Iron butt. rides. May have to get one as a backup to my manual X.

ST13Fred,
That was fun to notice you currently have a CRF250L. I bought one when my son bought his in 2013... then I bought a used NC700x (2013)... THEN, I let my other son use the manual NC so I could justify buying ANOTHER new 2013 NC700x with DCT... and I REALLY enjoy having it along with my CRF (which I find just plain fun to ride, especially off-road... as my son says about his when he moves from his BMW to his CRF... it feels like I'm a kid on a bicycle.)
PadrePoint

Retailers are now offering the 2015 NC700 in the US, indicating there will be no 750 in the lineup, so I'm picking up a new red 2013 700 DCT, out of KY, USA.
I'm going to add (probably Honda but maybe Parabellum) taller shield, main stand, OEM heated grips and tail rack for starters. I have a set of soft side/tail bags that I had on the 230L while in GA and may incorporate to the NC.
I figure the 2013 is already 2 years old and by getting it for $7K can spring for the 750 if it gets here in 2016, or not.

Rover, my 250L will be up for sale this spring. It will include all maintenance records, service/parts manuals, street tire mounted 2nd set of rims, deflector screen and tail rack. The original ad stated, "at 39 MPH.....100 MPG".

I'll add my two cents here. I am very happy with my shiftless bike. Put her in drive and go. Plenty fast. Tried the other shift options a couple times and found no need for them. I did use the manual sport mode once in the dirt and like the ability to control the flat track slides! Great bike. Suspension is a little harsh in my opinion but not bad enough to do anything about it and I suspect if I were to load it down for travel it would be just about right. Now If I can get Honda to fix the tripmeter/reset problem I'll be happy happy!

I'm picking up my new (to me) DCT this Saturday. I'm encouraged by all the positive comments above and looking forward to experiencing it for myself!

I also love my nc700 dct! I'm not familiar with many other bikes but the dual clutch is a big win in my book. I use all three function regularly. There are times when im commuting when I go 30 mph that I don't want the bike revving in 3rd in sport and don't want it kicking in and out of 5th in drive, so I put it in manual and cruise in 4th, which seems perfect. Haven't done much off rode except some gravel here and there, but its sure is nice while standing up to just flick a thumb or finger to switch gears. Its not a racing machine but will definitely get you places quickly with ease and still enjoy the ride.

And you can make that choice at any time, rolling or not.

Like so many here I was reluctant to by the DCT. After a 1/2 test ride i decided I could work with the DCT. I have more fun using the paddle shifters that I do on some of my other bikes. A 750 would be nice and a taller seat.

Back