• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

WILL THE NC 700 SURVIVE-Questions?

And some of us bought NC700X number 2!

The local seat guru told me he has a friend who has bought 3 NC700's (or maybe is actively looking for his 3rd one). Keeps getting sellers remorse. I love having the NC in the fleet. I told you I was thinking of selling the ST13 after riding the 2 smaller bikes most of the summer. Was going to get a BMW R1200RS to replace it. I took a test ride on the BMW and then spent one long day in the mountains with the ST on the new suspension and with fresh tires. There is no way that ST goes.

I never consider selling the NC as it is the best mountain bike I have used so far. The nastier and twistier the road the more fun it is. I have ridden dwl9911's DCT and it was an impressive beast, especially in sport mode. I rarely hit the rev limiter but when I do I always think it would never happen if I had the DCT. If I get another one I will probably get the DCT.

Expecting a certain model motorcycle to last forever is not being realistic. Cars change every 3-5 years and the frequency of change for electronics is sometimes measured in weeks. I had a Honda PC800 bought new in 1997 and I kept it for 13 years and never had a problem buying parts so I didn't have any concerns about the PC800 no longer being a current model.

Conversely, some Euro or even Japanese (non-Honda) brands can be quite the opposite with certain parts unavailable even during the intro year!

I had several old motorcycles, a 1995 Honda 750 nighthawk and a 1983 650 Nighthawk. OEM parts for the 83 are a problem. It was only in production 3 years. The 95 has most parts available. It was manufactured for about 13 years. I sold the 95 for the NC and I hope to get rid of the 83. However, there is still the matter of my 71 Honda SL350.

DSCN2743_zps583897e1.jpg

My first motorcycle was an S-65. Then I got an SL350 K1.

Found this one in Maryland a few years ago. 2200 miles.

Last edited:
DSCN2743_zps583897e1.jpg

Then I got an SL350 K1.

Wow, that sure is a "Relic". Also that thing is older than I am. :eek:

Since we are on the subject of "Will it Survive?". If my Honda history is correct, the SL350 was only a 2 year model here in the US, K0 (1969) & K1 (1970). It had a very short life production life when compared to the CB350 and CL350s.

Last edited:
Back