• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Winter projects?

buckshot

Reaction score
Visit site
It's getting to be that time of year around here when the bikes go away until spring, but for some of us that means more fun is about to begin. What are some of your plans for motorcycle oriented projects?

Right now on my list I've got:
Install some sort of rear fender eliminator
Hand Guards/wind deflectors
Get rid of my wheel weights and get some sort of dynamic balance agent in the wheels.
Redo the seats. I'm waiting very patiently for Seat Concepts to get a passenger seat fix on the market.
Upgrade to EBC brake pads.
Honda heated grips. That'll be the big one. Unless I can find what I need for a more reasonable price online than at the dealer.

Last edited:
still debating with myself about:
1. exhaust slip on (stainless or carbon, two brothers or Leo Vince).
2. side cases (givi e21-like it because its skinny or givi trekker 33-like it because of the looks)

Ken

Last edited:
risers,highway pegs,rear rack.all to be ordered soon.also come up with some side racks to mount my ammo cans I bought a month ago at a flea market.

my winter project is to ride my NC700x. I live in Florida. :cool: I am rebuilding the engine on an 87 VN750A though.

ttfi.jpg

The engine is going into this US Army themed Kawasaki 750 - it is a parade/event bike, not really meant to be ridden long range:

u1ax.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as bigjeff. I thought about installing heated grips but I'd have to ride a couple hundred miles north to test them out. :)

Bob

1) Get Dad through a rider's course (done)
2) Get Dad to (re-)get his m/c endorsement (done)
3) Help him find a bike he likes that he can rent
4) Go for a ride!
5) Get my brothers to come for a visit, and we all go for a ride together!

I have the E-21s along with the Motech mounting racks. If you don't require a lot of storage space, they are a really nice addition . They work very well for everyday use and are not that expensive. For actual touring, which I don't do yet, they might be a tad small. But, with the frunk and a tank bag to boot, it sure makes the 700x a much more useful form of transportation for me at least. Just my 2 cents.
2. side cases (givi e21-like it because its skinny or givi trekker 33-like it because of the looks)

Ken

I plan to ride whenever I can, but winter projects I'd like to do are handguards, some kind of tail tidy/rear fender kit, and rebuild the motor for my '82 Honda XL500R, so I can hit some tighter trails and thrash our local logging road network harder without worrying about the X getting torn up. Anybody in the Portland, Oregon area have an unloved 1st gen XR/XL 500 motor laying around, running or not (but running would be cooler), please let me know.

I'm trying to get most of my mods done before November. My winter project is to have my left shoulder replaced and healed up in time to ride by April or May. That will make riding much less painful and allow me to ride more often and for longer distances . I'll be one happy fella if I can pull this off. Only items left to install now is a guard for the oil cooler, center stand and 2" Rox risers. I will have all of those installed by the time I get " my" new parts installed as well. LOL

Since I moved a little further south my riding season will be extended this year. My next mod in prep for the winter is heated grips. The parts finally arrived Tuesday. I haven't decided if I want to push my luck with the apartement policy of not working on vehicles in the parking lot or have the dealer do it. I have the Puig Clip-On Visor headed my way so that will be added too. Only other thing I see myself doing this winter is adding some Rox Risers. Those will most likely be added before January.

I'd like to install a Denali PowerHub2 fuse block and proceed with Heated grips and a 12v accessory outlet. Electrical upgrades seem to challenge me a little more than mechanical ones. I have to really focus on the instructions and take my time. Bought the bike on my Birthday 9/13 and have done the following so far.
1. Rox 2" risers
2. Soupy's adjustable lowering links
3. SW-Motech crash gaurd
4. Taller Honda shield
5 Ballistic Performance EVO2 12-Volt LifeP04 Motorcycle Battery - 101003 1.8 pounds (saved 8 or so pounds)
6. SW-Motech quick removal bag brackets.
7. Bags-Connection Aero ABS Sidecases
8. Danmoto Carbon muffler.
9 Motorcycle Throttle Control motorcycle throttle control
10.Strada 7 Motorcycle Comfort Grip Covers

Looking forward to that Ziggie ! Sorry I couldn't make it this year. Experts claim I won't regain more than 60% range of motion. But if I can have that much and no pain, I'll be fine. Installing my Rox 2" risers this week. I know that will help even now. And thanks for your support. QUOTE=ziggie;66832]And get well so we can ride next spring max.

sent from my nc700x[/QUOTE]

Ken
Two Brothers stainless gets the thumbs up from me!

I'm going to finish work on my VFR makeover in the next month (fingers crossed) but most of my winter projects are computer related.

Back