• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad Windshield

I've just ordered the 18" Adventure in clear this morning. I'm 5'9" and 32 " inseam , and the 18" was recommended by Madstadt support. On the website is a link to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AruT1PnI-8&feature=youtu.be
in which an Aussie rides his bike with existing windshield for 1.5 minutes, adjusting the windshield as he rides , to show the wind noise being picked up by his video camera. He then installs the Madstadt windshield and rides again for 1.5 minutes demonstrating the wind noise now. The difference is dramatic. A bit of a deal closer for me in making the decision to buy this windshield.

It is UGLY but I can tell you for comfort, it is NO.1!

I've just ordered the 18" Adventure in clear this morning. I'm 5'9" and 32 " inseam , and the 18" was recommended by Madstadt support. On the website is a link to this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AruT1PnI-8&feature=youtu.be
in which an Aussie rides his bike with existing windshield for 1.5 minutes, adjusting the windshield as he rides , to show the wind noise being picked up by his video camera. He then installs the Madstadt windshield and rides again for 1.5 minutes demonstrating the wind noise now. The difference is dramatic. A bit of a deal closer for me in making the decision to buy this windshield.

Does anyone know where I can see pics of the different tints available for the Madstad screens? I know I want a tinted screen but from the Madstad website it is hard to choose from light, medium or dark.

Thanks

brian

Other than the Madstad website I don't know where you could view the different tints. Before I bought I just spent a lot of time looking at the different options on the Madstad site. The clear looked too, well, clear. The dark looked too dark (I'm beginning to sound like Goldilocks), so I went with the medium and it was just right! I have the silver NC and I think the medium compliments it quite nicely. If I had a black one I might have chosen the dark. Don't know if this will help you, but it gives some feedback. Best wishes on your decision.

I went with light grey. To me it has just enough tint. These windshields really look a lot better in person. That's just my opinion though.

Love my Madstad 20" sport(?) screen. Nice quiet pocket of air for my 5'10" body. Much better than the Vario I had before, which was too short to be of any use at all. Now I can ride for hours and not feel tired from turbulent air. Highly recommend the Madstad.

Just ordered the 20" light grey for my wife's NCX. Have been using the Puig touring screen but she still get's wind buffeting over the top. We have at least two fairly long distance rides planned for this year (long distance in her mind, medium distance in mine) which will put us on some Interstate Highways so I want her to have a little more windshield coverage and wind protection. I can hear the wind noise from her bike through our intercoms while we are riding so I hope the Madstad will help.

well, I gave in. Ordered the madstad in a 20" version. I'm 5'10" at 32" inseam.
I was debating about the 20" versus the 18" versions.
Read the various threads and seems like I'm right at the cut off in terms of the 18" versus 20" screen.
So when it arrives, I will see. Thanks to all of the info.

Installed the 20" Madstad on my wife's NC700X DCT last weekend. Barkbusters VPS hand guards with NO risers and no clearance issues with the Madstad. Plenty of space left with the handlebars turned lock to lock.

Had the Puig Touring windscreen on it prior and the right side Barkbuster did hit the shield no matter how I tried to adjust things. Had the Puig screen in the higher position.

I have the Barkbusters Storm and mine touch when locked on the right but not on the left. If Madstad had drilled the holes straight there would be zero issues. It's like I always say, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Besides that tiny issue the shield is fantastic.

Back