• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Madstad Windshield

Does it interfere with the handle grips? Looks like they might bump each other. No??

The Cycle Gear hand guards on my bike do hit the Madstad shield. The guards are about a quarter inch too close. I have two inch straight risers now that will be replaced with two inch Rox Risers in the Spring that should allow me to move the bars back far enough.

On the cycle gear hand guards you can cut a little off of the ends,fixes the touching of the screen.

Just installed the madstad shield during work. Had to adjust the mirrors slightly. Had trouble with one screw on the black shield, other than that it was not to bad.20150218_104119.jpg
I will ride it after work and see how it feels.

Ken

Madstad Windshield work great + Installs easily

I ordered the 20" Madstad lightly tinted windshield over a month ago and have been very pleased with the service, product, instructions and results.
Mark at Madstad helped me select the right size for my 5'10" frame , the product was well built and installed very cleanly. The instructions are precise and complete and the effect is great.
I can leave my face shield open at 75+ mph and still hear that quiet engine.
I don't know if I got lucky with the adjustment, but I have not had to fine-tune the adjustments to be very pleased with the results.
There was an earlier question about the hardware. The original plastic hardware does not need to be re-used.

I'm attaching pics of what is included and and a sample image of the instructions.

2015-03-08_13-27-49.jpg2015-03-08_13-28-20.jpg

Just ordered a medium tint 22".
Got pretty beat up on the ride home from the Hillbilly Hangout Sunday. I will have a Puig Touring/dark smoke and Puig visor/light smoke for sale as soon as the MadStad comes in.

The Puig is a good one, but for my 6'2" frame, not so good. I think someone from 5"10 down will really like it.

Pics coming....

Back