• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

16/17 Honda Luggage?

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
12 to 17 Honda Luggage?

I know it's been asked but I couldn't find it in a search. Will the 12-15 Honda OE luggage fit on the new 16/17 bike? Are the cases the same, mounts different or both?

Thanks

Last edited:
I know it's been asked but I couldn't find it in a search. Will the 12-15 Honda OE luggage fit on the new 16/17 bike? Are the cases the same, mounts different or both?

Thanks

I can give you a suggestion that helped me in my search for my 2017 ( i have 2016 luggage on mine). I went to Honda's site and searched for accessories and noted down the part #'s ... then you go to the 2016 model and compare the 2015 to the 2016 and hope it's the same carrier and panniers support stay... you might be ok because Honda don't change them that often.

I went and compared the 2016 to the 2017 model in Europe ( in Europe they always come out earlier ) and that's how I knew they would fit...

The carrier grab rails are different between 12-15 and 16-17 generations. This is due to the relocation of the rear light making that area now wider. That probably requires the top case base rack associated with the carrier grab rails of those years.

The Honda accessory top case fits either rack the same.

Not sure about a change in the OEM accessory side case racks, but I was able to swap my 12-15 Touratech pannier racks off my 12 DCT straight over onto my 16 DCT after its puchase last year. So the Honda racks are probably the same because both use the same mounting points, letting side cases to fit any year.

Hope this helps you.

Ray

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Not bad if I only had to buy the top case mount. I'm buying a new bike either in the fall or spring and I was considering something else but I really do like my NC and will probably stay with it. I think I'll go for the DCT this time around. I sure hope they offer the LED front light in 2018.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Not bad if I only had to buy the top case mount. I think I'll go for the DCT this time around. I sure hope they offer the LED front light in 2018.
Your welcome.

I really like my Honda top case. When changing over to the 2016, I had to have a custom rack and base fabricated that mounted to fit so it was compatible with my Touratech pannier racks.

IMG_3182.jpg

I am not a fan at all of the Honda side cases if you want to carry anything more than a rain suit and flat tire kit.

You had me when you said DCT, I'm on my second as will never go back.

I prefer a non-LED front light because light pulsing modules are not compatible with a LED light.

Ray

Last edited:
In Canada we get the European style top case. A lttle smaller and sleeker. I do have the Honda side cases but with the front storage I have more than enough storage for a two week tour. I also use to run a headlight modulator on a Vstrom but had all sorts of issues with peple pulling over thinking I was the police. Even had a Vermount state trooper pull me over accusing me of impersonating a police officer. I always carried the paper work showing that it was legal in Canada and the US but this just seemed to make him angry when I showed it to him. Ran the module for a year then just gave up on it because of a the unwanted attention.

Back