• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2012 Rear Axle Torque

OneGun

Reaction score
Visit site
Hoping someone here will provide a charity to me and provide me the torque spec for the rear axle nut. Too broke from farkling to spring for a service manual at the moment.

Thanks to any/all in advance.

The directions for rear wheel removal and installation, including the torque value, should be in your owner's manual that came with the bike.

The directions for rear wheel removal and installation, including the torque value, should be in your owner's manual that came with the bike.

You mean that little book wrapped in plastic? It's funny, all my cars have one too... never knew what the hell that was. I guess I'll have a look.

Owner's manual... never even thought of that. ;)

Can someone tell me the size of the wrench to untighten them? Are both sides having the same size?

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

Probably, Happy. I use std/American sockets because they fit just barely tighter than metrics.

Probably, Happy. I use std/American sockets because they fit just barely tighter than metrics.
The SAE equivalent of 27 mm is 1 1/16" and does fit a tiny bit tighter at 26.9875 mm but the 22 mm equivalent of 7/8" is a little looser at 22.225 mm. Really both measurements are probably within manufacturing tolerances.

The SAE equivalent of 27 mm is 1 1/16" and does fit a tiny bit tighter at 26.9875 mm but the 22 mm equivalent of 7/8" is a little looser at 22.225 mm. Really both measurements are probably within manufacturing tolerances.

I bought a 27mm socket for the large side, but then just held the other with an adjustable wrench. The 7/8" did fit on, but a bit loose. FWIW, Channel Lock brand adjustable wrenches are excellent and are of very good quality.

Back