• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2013 Model Update

VTHokieAg

Reaction score
Visit site
2 months ago I put a down payment on a 2013 Red NC700X and got a phone call today from my dealer that it will be here next week! 2 weeks earlier than they originally thought. I'm really stoked!!! Anyways, you should start seeing them out anytime now.

Cool. I finally got the paperwork finalized and the down down yesterday. Unfortunately the normal Northwest warehouses did not have any, so they it might be a wait.

Paint or wrap it. The Tupperware is expensive!

600ish for just the side panels! (Broke a couple tabs after I locked my key in the frunk, so I looked them up.. No thanks glue is just fine! Lol)

I am so over the silver! Why on earth are we stuck with one choice? Could you imagine going to a Honda car dealership and every one was silver? Haha

I am so over the silver! Why on earth are we stuck with one choice? Could you imagine going to a Honda car dealership and every one was silver? Haha

When I watch cars go by on the highway, sometimes it seems about every one IS silver (grey). Honda builds it because people buy it.

Do you realize that with two exceptions, the ENTIRE Honda street and scooter product line for the US comes in just four colors? White, red, grey, and black. These are dull, boring times.

Greg

Last edited:
I would have been fine with Silver, however, the exact day I went to go purchase one Honda released the Red for 2013. I decided to hold off because time wasn't an issue since the last few months have been freezing and a lot of snow. I like both colors, but with that said, I don't make a lot of big purchases and felt like I should get what I want.

I would have been fine with Silver, however, the exact day I went to go purchase one Honda released the Red for 2013. I decided to hold off because time wasn't an issue since the last few months have been freezing and a lot of snow. I like both colors, but with that said, I don't make a lot of big purchases and felt like I should get what I want.

You made the right decision.

I originally ordered/put a deposit a 2013 Red one when they first announced it. Later as I was looking at pictures of red ones a lot from overseas (white is my favorite) I started to dislike it more. The color contrast isn't as refined looking as the metallic silver to me so I went back to the dealer a couple weeks later and bought a 2012 silver at an even lower price. My advice is to look at lots of pictures of the red model, because I LOVED it at first and then slowly changed my mind the more I looked at it. Regardless, it's whatever you like best. I still prefer the white myself.

P.S. As a car detailer I can tell you red is a pain to maintain, just as bad as black. It's very hard to find swirls/micro marring/defects on any light colored metallic. They look cleaner and more polished for a lot longer. Another thing to consider if long term aesthetics are important.

Last edited:
Even if we had all colors available, I would probably went with silver or white. I like to get colors that reflect light. Nothing like sitting on a all black bike in the middle of summer.

You also get some cool motorcycle and scooter models over there that we don't get. Cruisers rule the USA. :(

Greg

Hence the cruiser version of the NC............

There is where the problem is...........if the US riders purchased 10,000 or 15,000 NC700x we would get more color choices.

On the car side Honda sold 1.4 million cars and trucks in the US in 2012........so you get to pick some colors:)........but for the last 15 years some color of silver/gray is the most sold color.

Back