• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014 NC700/NC750 Seat vs. Pre-2014 Seat???

Hyperborea

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody had a chance to compare the 2014 seat versus the pre-2014 seat? Is it less sloped? Better padded? Wider? Something else? The part numbers are different. Does anybody own or ridden a 2014 model that has also owned or ridden a pre-2014 model?

The cost of the 2014 seat is cheaper than any other seat option out there at only about $140. If it is really better it sounds like it might be the best option.
2014 Honda NC700X A SEAT | Babbitts Honda Parts House

Has anybody had a chance to compare the 2014 seat versus the pre-2014 seat? Is it less sloped? Better padded? Wider? Something else? The part numbers are different. Does anybody own or ridden a 2014 model that has also owned or ridden a pre-2014 model?

The cost of the 2014 seat is cheaper than any other seat option out there at only about $140. If it is really better it sounds like it might be the best option.
A former NC700 owner, now a NC750, owner posted a comparison evaluation. He stated the only difference he noted was that there is now non-slip upholstery on the 750 and the sloping forward is the same. But now instead of you and your pants slipping/sliding forward as one unit, just you slide forward and your pants stay planted on the seat, making for an uncomfortable gathering in your crotch area! Honda must think the OEM seat shape and angle are already PERFECT!
For an inexpensive seat fix, I would still select the Seat Concept package over a new Honda torture device! IMHO!
Good luck!

0.jpgThere are very few motorcycles in the world of motorcycles that actually come with comfortable seats, but a few!

Smileynoevil.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Aha, good to know. I was wondering if I could get away on the cheap but I'm going to keep my order in for the Shad seat. The new unembroidered ones are due in a couple of weeks.

You do sort of have to wonder if the seat design and test rides weren't all done by women.....

It can be frustrating and embarrassing on group rides to be the guy who at every stop light is digging in his crotch trying to rearrange things before lack of circulation causes gangrene to set in.

I am one in a million I guess. The 2012 stock seat is an all day seat for me after raising the front about 3/4" inch. I know the difference having had to replace the OEM seat on the ST1300 after 10,000 miles of "getting used to it". I have natural anatomy for a man.

You do sort of have to wonder if the seat design and test rides weren't all done by women.....

It can be frustrating and embarrassing on group rides to be the guy who at every stop light is digging in his crotch trying to rearrange things before lack of circulation causes gangrene to set in.

I had the same dang problem. After replacing the seat it has not happened once.

My DR350 taught me the true meaning of agony with it's seat actually being Lucifer in disguise; my F800ST seat was relatively comfy albeit a bit thin on padding, and it totally locked you in one, and one, only position. I like my NCX seat for it's thick padding and ability to move forward and back a little bit for offroad skittering hijinks, and it's non-grippy surface doesn't make textile pants hang up on it.

I think I am spared the slope thing mostly because of my Rox risers positioning the bars up and back. I do note it, but it doesn't bother me. :D

well you've got to remember that the japanese have smaller ***'s compared to ours.
1031153_600.jpg

AND DIS????
1_09_02_09_12_11_15-1.jpg

Last edited:
I just purchased a new 2014 NC700X and my friend has a 2012. The seats are exactly the same except for the material used. The slope is no different and I actually prefer the material on his 2012 over mine because of the grippy nature/problem as described here. Comfort seems fine so far but I do need to let it break in.

I am one in a million I guess. The 2012 stock seat is an all day seat for me after raising the front about 3/4" inch. I know the difference having had to replace the OEM seat on the ST1300 after 10,000 miles of "getting used to it". I have natural anatomy for a man.
I'm with you DD - After worrying about the seat on the 700X at first, I eventually realised I could do 10 hours on it with hardly an ache. And I think I prefer the slippier material. I have done the seat tilt up that you have done. I'm still trying to work out whether it's better or not. If you look at the posture of the average sized rider, the original slight tilt is probably ergonomically correct, and flattening it out puts more weight on your spine and less through your legs and feet. Of course if you slump on the original seat, it's gonna do that anyway
Mike

Cute pics and maybe true comparison but maybe more about guys as the first one looks more british but the later looks like a chick who rides in my neighborhood, at least she rides...met similar one on a can-am yesterday in chaps and she told me her b**h (her husband) is only on the back. It was light rain and 43F so she had my respect, even though she looked liked the later of the pictures.

I have a 2014 Nc700x, and have done two 300+ mile rides on it now.

Usually when I am on my way home, I am pretty much in agony, and have even resorted to standing on the pegs while doing 70+ mph on the interstate, which gets you some weird looks, let me tell you...
I shift my weight around every 2-3 mins trying to find a temporarily comfortable position, but none of them last long. In short: I hate the stock seat. It if fine for commuting, but ride over and hour, and your arse will hate you for a day or more.

I have not owned a pre-2014, but the seat does seem sloped forward, however I do not experience any sliding toward the tank under braking, probably because the 2014's seat material is not slippy at all.

New seat purchase coming as soon as I can decide on which seat to get...

I truly believe they designed the slope in the seat to accommodate shorter riders, so that the seat can fit a range of different heights. With the slope a shorter person can sit farther down and touch the ground, while a taller person can set farther back and not be too cramped. I believe it was a compromise to suit a wider range of people. I don't like the grippy material on my 2014. I prefer the smoother material on the 2012-2013 actually.

I guess the normal sliding wasn't enough for you lol.

I had been liberally applying Armor-All to my truck at work, thought I would step over and do my Givi trunk, and in a thoughtless moment ran the cloth over the seat....followed immediately by a big Homer Simpson "DOH!!"

Back