• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 NC question.

T S N

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if the 2015 Dct/ABS has linked brakes?
The owners manual doesn't say, and the dealer doesn't know.
Thank you.
Terry.

[Not sure how you are defining "linked" in this context. They are not linked in the physical sense]

When you step on the rear brake pedal, it activates one of the front brake caliper pistons by sending fluid forward from the rear brake master cylinder.

Pulling the front brake lever activates the other two front pistons but does nothing to the rear brake.

I'm thinking since the Combined feature was dropped, it would be odd to resurrect it again for the 2015 model. Therefore, IMHO I don't think Honda should be calling anything to do with braking on the 2015 DCT/ABS, "Combined".

I don't know if the pictures on the Honda USA site are simply of the 2014 model or not, but they clearly show only two piston front calipers, not the three in the previous Combined set up.

I will go out on a limb and say no, the US 2015 DCT/ABS does not have the front-rear combined brakes of old, despite that term being used in their specification blurb.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't models with combined brakes have "C-ABS" on the front mudguard's side, instead of just "ABS" (or "CBS/LBS"?)?
This really is strange as mine is 2013 DCT ABS, but it doesn't feature the combined breaking system. So when exactly did Honda equip NCs with LBS?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't models with combined brakes have "C-ABS" on the front mudguard's side, instead of just "ABS" (or "CBS/LBS"?)?
This really is strange as mine is 2013 DCT ABS, but it doesn't feature the combined breaking system. So when exactly did Honda equip NCs with LBS?

Yes indeed, the ABS/Combined have that word Combined sticker on the front fender.

2012 and 2013 NC700XA, SA and XDCT had it here in North America as far as I know.

Dropped for the 2014 model year.

Does your front caliper have two pistons or three? One brake line or two? Your VIN plate says 2013?

Curious :D

Last edited:
Ha, I didn't pay attention, it's just in this topic that I remembered I had "ABS" only on the front fender.
Seems like two pistons, one brake line. I remember checking VIN when starting my order with the dealer, and as far as I remember, it said 2013. Which online vin decoder do you use?

Here's a pic of front brakes:

EDIT: Darn it, only miniature uploads, how strange...
Hosted:

Attachments

• nc_check.jpg
    nc_check.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Ha, I didn't pay attention, it's just in this topic that I remembered I had "ABS" only on the front fender.
Seems like two pistons, one brake line. I remember checking VIN when starting my order with the dealer, and as far as I remember, it said 2013. Which online vin decoder do you use?

Here's a pic of front brakes:

EDIT: Darn it, only miniature uploads, how strange...
Hosted:

That's all I was wondering basically, what year your VIN plate had, not so much specifically the sequential numbered details but now that you mention it, it's not completely unheard of for the last few stragglers of a model year, and the first few units produced in the next model year, to have a mix of items that aren't "supposed" to be, according to their specs. I always thought of cars being the only time that could happen, though.

I guess it would help to rule out my crackpot theory if your build date was like Dec 2013 or something, lol. :eek:

For sure yours doesn't have the Combined set up, maybe it was only Canada and the 'States that got the 2013 Combined models, very intriguing. :confused:

That's all I was wondering basically, what year your VIN plate had, not so much specifically the sequential numbered details but now that you mention it, it's not completely unheard of for the last few stragglers of a model year, and the first few units produced in the next model year, to have a mix of items that aren't "supposed" to be, according to their specs. I always thought of cars being the only time that could happen, though.

I guess it would help to rule out my crackpot theory if your build date was like Dec 2013 or something, lol. :eek:

For sure yours doesn't have the Combined set up, maybe it was only Canada and the 'States that got the 2013 Combined models, very intriguing. :confused:

I'm trying to find out the exact build date but can't find it so far, none of VIN decoders I've tried so far had these details.
Strangely enough, my bike's VIN has "E" on position 10, which would indicate year 2014... Or at least, something that this site describes as "model year". So it's possible it's manufactured in 2013, but it's already a 2014 model. I have no explanation otherwise, apart from dealer selling me fishy bike :D

Fuzzy, thanks for the pic! I can clearly see the third piston.

I'm trying to find out the exact build date but can't find it so far, none of VIN decoders I've tried so far had these details.
Strangely enough, my bike's VIN has "E" on position 10, which would indicate year 2014... Or at least, something that this site describes as "model year". So it's possible it's manufactured in 2013, but it's already a 2014 model. I have no explanation otherwise, apart from dealer selling me fishy bike :D

Fuzzy, thanks for the pic! I can clearly see the third piston.

Ah! 2013 should be "D" and if yours says "E" then one would assume it should be a 2014 model according to Honda... At least that would explain the no combined brakes thing, anyway ;)

Curiosities can happen, there's no doubt of that. My friend bought his Yamaha Super Tenere in July 2011, but it's VIN and model year for insurance, was 2012

Back