• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2021: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Footage! Skip to about the 6:00 mark, the bad pass happens at 6:30. Glad the guy passing on the outside was farther forward or I would have ran into him trying to dodge the moron coming up on the inside.

Those other bikes just kill yours after coming out of the turns all the way through the straights. I wonder if an Africa Twin would do better, granted not a race bike, but at least a bigger heartbeat in that bike. Maybe just wait for the new road bike from Honda using the 1100cc engine with DCT.

Saturday I attended an advanced riding course in Brantford, Ontario with Motor Cycle Masters. This is the first course I have ever taken.
What a blast, I learned a lot of new techniques to start practicing.
I was very nervous about slow maneuvers but quickly gained confidence. Instructors were awesome.
Threshold braking was one of our final instructions, wow.
Hope to take another course with them next year.

Yikes...glad you're okay. Looks like you need something with some more speed or a shorter/tighter track to play with these guys. Do you think he was just coming in too hot with no place to go or just being a d bag? I know it's the passers job to make the pass clean.

Yeah I think he was just being a disrespectful douche and not caring. I was on the race line, he knew where I was going. He should have checked up and passed in the next turn when he could have done so more cleanly, instead of forcing me out of the way. I showed the vid to one of my buddies that's an instructor and was there that day instructing in another group, he is a badass ex racer and said "yeah that's a BS pass at a trackday". Oh well, I probably won't ride in Advance anymore on this bike. I still have plenty fun in Intermediate. I might figure out something with more power one day, but not too concerned with it right now.

I did find a smaller bike to run with in the 2nd Advanced group session, which was fun. I felt I was a touch faster going into a few of the turns than him, but never could pass him. He was on something like an R3 or CBR 300, not sure exactly what the bike was.

Footage! Skip to about the 6:00 mark, the bad pass happens at 6:30. Glad the guy passing on the outside was farther forward or I would have ran into him trying to dodge the moron coming up on the inside.

Glad you are OK. There are always a few idiots out there-they think they’re Aggostini or someone like him. These characters scare me as much as the texting morons in their cars, because they actually “think” they know what they’re doing. If you ever get to the Dragon on a weekend they come outta the woodwork. Nice ride when no folks around, but these idiots think they need to pass someone on all 311 curves. A good place to avoid when it’s busy…

. . . I did find a smaller bike to run with in the 2nd Advanced group session, which was fun. I felt I was a touch faster going into a few of the turns than him, but never could pass him. He was on something like an R3 or CBR 300, not sure exactly what the bike was.

Just curious, because racing is not my thing, but it seems like they might want to divide the group by bike speed??? Having an NC700x and a CBR300 on the same track as a super bike just seems sort of crazy as the liter and liter+ bikes are just going to have so much of a mechanical advantage over smaller displacement bikes and bikes not geared for speed.

How do they determine who gets to be on the track at the same time? I get that rider skill is a BIG PART of the equation but what else?

Just curious, because racing is not my thing, but it seems like they might want to divide the group by bike speed??? Having an NC700x and a CBR300 on the same track as a super bike just seems sort of crazy as the liter and liter+ bikes are just going to have so much of a mechanical advantage over smaller displacement bikes and bikes not geared for speed.

How do they determine who gets to be on the track at the same time? I get that rider skill is a BIG PART of the equation but what else?
That's all, purely skill level. Since it's a trackday and no awards are being handed out, you're supposed to just be respectful of other riders and not force them off their line like that guy did me. Advanced group, there are no passing rules other than be respectful and play nice. Intermediate group, there has to be a 6' safety cushion of distance between you and whoever you are passing. Pass too close and a coach/instructor will run you down and talk to you about it off track. Novice group, passing is only allowed on the outside of turns, no inside passes at all, and the 6' safety cushion rule applies here as well. However, the first 3 sessions of Novice group are guided subgroups and you are not free to ride at your own pace, you must ride single file line behind your subgroup instructor.

I don't mind riding with fast bikes, just like I don't mind passing someone that is way slower than I am in a turn in Intermediate group. It's really easy to pass a slower rider without being a prick like that guy was passing me like that. I made a facebook post about it and it has drawn a lot of attention from my fb friends that are track riders, one even knows the guy and said he usually doesn't ride like that. Several are agreeing with me after watching the vid, that it was a dick move. One guy, a legit MotoAmerica racer, that was riding out there with us said he didn't mind me being out there at all, that I was smooth and predictable and plenty fast enough. Then there's a couple of folks saying that nothing was wrong with it and I should have just held my line and kept going alongside him. Nah, I ain't about that, because like I said.....it isn't a RACE! If the consequences of crashing were non-existent, I wouldn't care at all....but I'm not trying to let some overachieving trackday goer crash me, possibly injure me, and then have a torn up bike that costs money to fix along with hospital bills. It's not worth it.

As much as I liked riding in Advanced group up until that point, not being held up by slower riders, being able to follow faster guys into the turns and learn, etc, I can't help but feel like I am better off in Intermediate. #1 because my bike is not a proper track bike, and #2 I have no desire to race or achieve any level of greatness that requires constantly progressing...I just want to have fun and go fast...which I can do in Intermediate group, so that's probably where I'll stay.

That's all, purely skill level. Since it's a trackday and no awards are being handed out, you're supposed to just be respectful of other riders and not force them off their line like that guy did me. Advanced group, there are no passing rules other than be respectful and play nice. Intermediate group, there has to be a 6' safety cushion of distance between you and whoever you are passing. Pass too close and a coach/instructor will run you down and talk to you about it off track. Novice group, passing is only allowed on the outside of turns, no inside passes at all, and the 6' safety cushion rule applies here as well. However, the first 3 sessions of Novice group are guided subgroups and you are not free to ride at your own pace, you must ride single file line behind your subgroup instructor.

I don't mind riding with fast bikes, just like I don't mind passing someone that is way slower than I am in a turn in Intermediate group. It's really easy to pass a slower rider without being a prick like that guy was passing me like that. I made a facebook post about it and it has drawn a lot of attention from my fb friends that are track riders, one even knows the guy and said he usually doesn't ride like that. Several are agreeing with me after watching the vid, that it was a dick move. One guy, a legit MotoAmerica racer, that was riding out there with us said he didn't mind me being out there at all, that I was smooth and predictable and plenty fast enough. Then there's a couple of folks saying that nothing was wrong with it and I should have just held my line and kept going alongside him. Nah, I ain't about that, because like I said.....it isn't a RACE! If the consequences of crashing were non-existent, I wouldn't care at all....but I'm not trying to let some overachieving trackday goer crash me, possibly injure me, and then have a torn up bike that costs money to fix along with hospital bills. It's not worth it.

As much as I liked riding in Advanced group up until that point, not being held up by slower riders, being able to follow faster guys into the turns and learn, etc, I can't help but feel like I am better off in Intermediate. #1 because my bike is not a proper track bike, and #2 I have no desire to race or achieve any level of greatness that requires constantly progressing...I just want to have fun and go fast...which I can do in Intermediate group, so that's probably where I'll stay.
I've only done a couple of track days but the groups were separated by skill level. It doesn't make much sense to divide by bike speed.... anybody can buy a supersport or liter bike but riding it within it's performance envelope takes skill. There are back markers riding every class of bike. My track days at Jennings GP did have a no passing on the inside rule FWIW.

I've only done a couple of track days but the groups were separated by skill level. It doesn't make much sense to divide by bike speed.... anybody can buy a supersport or liter bike but riding it within it's performance envelope takes skill. There are back markers riding every class of bike. My track days at Jennings GP did have a no passing on the inside rule FWIW.

JenningsGP is a fun track! Only ridden it once, but would like to go back one of these days!

I think the issue is some of the guys at track days ( and places like the Dragon) “think” they’re in a race, even though it’s supposed to be just a fun ride. They then ride above their skill set and cause issues for themselves or others. Frankly if the only one they impacted was themselves that would be ok-Darwinism at work. Sadly a lot of times their stupidity will take out some one else. Saw a moron on the Dragon a few years ago on a big cruiser come around a blind curve completely in the wrong lane, forcing two guys coming the other direction to scramble to avoid a head on. Thankfully they pulled it off, BUT the guy on the cruiser could have easily killed them and/or himself. Be careful out their folks-just ‘cause somebody is on a bike does NOT make them a motorcyclist. This is the reason I am very selective about riding with others, and will not ride a “group” ride with those I don’t know.

Had a pretty crappy ride. Only out about an hour. Wanted to get out of the house, had nowhere to go. Literally pulling out of the driveway and a "severe weather alert" pops up on my screen. Winds were pretty rough the while ride, felt like I was fighting the wind the entire ride. One wide sweeping curve was a religious experience as the wind shifted and pushed me to the outside of the curve toward an oncoming truck. Obviously I corrected or I wouldn't be typing. Pouring down rain, lots of lighting and thunder happening out there now. I'm back home.

Just got delivery of the foam for my Russell D.L. seat rebuild. So I have something to do during the rain.

Ordered a new set of parking brake pads. The previous owner must have forgotten to release it at some point and rode with it on. That's the only reason I can account for the wear in only 7300 miles.

Sold the oem luggage kit off of the track bike, that I installed on it before it became a track bike, to a forum member here. Put the oem grab handles back on, now the tail looks naked after seeing it with the rear rack and other grab handles for so long.

20210907_203213.jpg

20210907_203227.jpg

20210907_203241.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back