• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode the 8th week of the Polar Bear ride this morning. The weather forecast was for heavy rain with flood watches already in effect until this evening. The ride's check-in location was only 5 miles from home. I left early to get some additional miles in. I successfully extended a 10 mile round trip to 75 miles. The last 20 minutes were in a drizzle. As I was putting the bike away it began to rain. Timing is everything.

Two photos from this morning's ride on Benfield Road heading towards Seisholtszville. One view is looking up the road and the other veiw is back down the road.

IMG_3776.jpgIMG_3778.jpg

I rode the 8th week of the Polar Bear ride this morning. The weather forecast was for heavy rain with flood watches already in effect until this evening. The ride's check-in location was only 5 miles from home. I left early to get some additional miles in. I successfully extended a 10 mile round trip to 75 miles. The last 20 minutes were in a drizzle. As I was putting the bike away it began to rain. Timing is everything.

Two photos from this morning's ride on Benfield Road heading towards Seisholtszville. One view is looking up the road and the other veiw is back down the road.

View attachment 53375View attachment 53376
Looks like a nice ride. I like clouds and fog, but not so much rain while riding.

View attachment 53375View attachment 53376
Riding in fog & rain doesn't bother me if I wore or brought the right gear for it. Tires matter as well. If it's a day ride I may not leave in heavy rain but a forecast of it doesn't usually deter me.

Riding in fog & rain doesn't bother me if I wore or brought the right gear for it. Tires matter as well. If it's a day ride I may not leave in heavy rain but a forecast of it doesn't usually deter me.
I’ve concluded that the worst thing about riding a motorcycle in the rain is worrying about riding in the rain. Once it’s raining, and you’re properly dressed, it’s no big deal. However, in hard rain, when you cannot even see where the edges of the road are or where you’re going, it’s time to pull off. I’ve been there and it’s scary and dangerous. Hail is ugly, too. Or even worse is when you can feel the electricity of the lightning in your arms.

Day 326...It rained all night ushering in a cold front that is supposed to bring snow flurries tonight and tomorrow morning. Waited until 1 pm to take off. Roads were still damp, but the skies were awesome...black, grey, silver, blue, white, swirly, wavy, streaked...every direction a different look. Spectacular. I stopped and took a couple pics but non turned out as good as seeing it in person. Winds were starting to pick up. One direction it looked like all hades was going to break loose and it was going to storm any minute. Turn another direction and blue skies and white clouds like it was a beautiful summer day.

xmFvo56.jpg

anyhow, did a 48 mile loop @ 52 degrees.

Today I replaced the Kouba lowering links with stock parts. What a difference! I decided to buy the bike based on test riding it with the lowering links (forks weren’t lowered to suit, either). This morning, I adjusted the handlebars to where I liked them, and put the stock links on. Should have waited to adjust the bars—the links made enough difference to the bike that I’ll have to adjust the bars again, not that it takes more than a minute. Had a nice ride in the countryside, smugly enjoying the heated grips.

Last edited:
Glad I rode when I did, you ought to see it now, blinding snow squall going straight sideways lol

Edit: now an hour later the sun is shining bright and the flurries are just light and sporadic. Crazy Ohio weather.

Last edited:
making an appointment for my first valve check. I've heard most people don't actually need any adjustment at this point?
I’ve owned three NCs and all three needed at least one valve adjusted at the first check.

Probably best to start a new thread on the subject of valve checking and adjusting valves or tack onto this one:

making an appointment for my first valve check. I've heard most people don't actually need any adjustment at this point?
Hard to say with so little information given. What bike model, what year, and how many miles or km are on it?

I agree with post above. Start a new thread, or better yet join an existing one if you have valve adjustment questions. I'm sure we can answer your questions.

Day 328... Sun came up early and bright, melting yesterdays snow off the roads and most of the grassy areas. Was 22 when I woke up but got up to 37 before I took off .... 40 miles @ 37 degrees and sunny.

I had ordered some Angel GT's from my local shop a week and a half ago. They were supposed to be in last Thursday. They never called. They were closed Sunday and Monday. Went by today and they tell me the tires were back ordered from 2 different suppliers. I requested they get me some different tires (Michelin Road 5's). Hope they get here soon, at 8306 miles the Angel GTs on my bike are about toast

mxAjyFch.jpg

May have to ride the naked CB for a couple of days or until ........

Day 328... Sun came up early and bright, melting yesterdays snow off the roads and most of the grassy areas. Was 22 when I woke up but got up to 37 before I took off .... 40 miles @ 37 degrees and sunny.

I had ordered some Angel GT's from my local shop a week and a half ago. They were supposed to be in last Thursday. They never called. They were closed Sunday and Monday. Went by today and they tell me the tires were back ordered from 2 different suppliers. I requested they get me some different tires (Michelin Road 5's). Hope they get here soon, at 8306 miles the Angel GTs on my bike are about toast

mxAjyFch.jpg

May have to ride the naked CB for a couple of days or until ........
I hope you get a suitable NC tire soon. What I do is when I install a new tire, I order it's replacement very soon after, so I have it in stock. I already own the next tires that will be going on my NC This also helps if a tire gets ruined and I need to replace it right away. In some cases I have spare wheels (Goldwing front and rear, NC rear) and the next tire is already mounted on a rim. Tire availability from warehouses is not reliable these days.

I hope you get a suitable NC tire soon. What I do is when I install a new tire, I order it's replacement very soon after, so I have it in stock. I already own the next tires that will be going on any of my NC This also helps if a tire gets ruined and I need to replace it right away. In some cases I have spare wheels and the next tire is already mounted on a rim. Tire availability from warehouses is not reliable these days.

Good plan!

Rest assured after these tires come in, I will be reordering another set to have on hand.

Honestly it never used to be a problem. I could order a set on a Tuesday and on Thursday they would be at the shop waiting on me.

Good plan!

Rest assured after these tires come in, I will be reordering another set to have on hand.

Honestly it never used to be a problem. I could order a set on a Tuesday and on Thursday they would be at the shop waiting on me.
Yeah, I know. But over the last couple years many of the tires I might want are out of stock at my usual sources, or I have to shop extensively to find an on-line store that has it.

Had to meet my boss outside of town.
Didn't notice how strong the wind is today until out on the long straight road out of town.It was gusting but ok going, however, coming back was squeeky butt time.
So, only when I got back in did I see there is a severe weather report and
"Winds WNW at 30 to 50 km/h. Winds could occasionally gust over 65 km/h."
I swear it didn't say that before I left.
Anyway keeping an eye on the bike. It got blown off the side stand in the last storm. If it abates I still have my gear on so will go for another spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back