• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the front wheel off the bike so I can take the wheel down to the shop to get a new tire installed. Sticking with a Michelin Road 5.
Most people misplace their 10mm socket, I couldn't find a 17mm Hex Key Socket for the axle. Argh!

View attachment 53368
Feel your pain. Much better than I was 20 years ago but still have a miss now and then on the everything in its place category.

Got back on the bike yesterday when my Covid test came up negative. Took it for a spin and almost got wiped out by a car not paying attention and pulling onto the main road right in front of me.
I can confirm that the linked ABS works. Aforesaid driver tried to speed off but got an earful at the traffic lights.
You really do not want to hear what an angry Glaswegian sounds like.
I will be working through until Christmas apart from a day off on Sunday so will try to squeeze in some more bike time after work.

Got back on the bike yesterday when my Covid test came up negative. Took it for a spin and almost got wiped out by a car not paying attention and pulling onto the main road right in front of me.
I can confirm that the linked ABS works. Aforesaid driver tried to speed off but got an earful at the traffic lights.
You really do not want to hear what an angry Glaswegian sounds like.
I will be working through until Christmas apart from a day off on Sunday so will try to squeeze in some more bike time after work.
Linked ABS? So if ABS kicks in, it will activate both front and rear?

Honda calls it a combined abs or C-ABS. The manual says:

Your motorcycle is equipped with a brake system that distributes the braking force between the front and rear brakes. The distribution of the braking force applied to the front and rear brakes is different when operating the lever only and when operating the pedal only. For full braking effectiveness, operate both the lever and pedal together.

In an emergency stop I do use both rear and front brakes and I had no fork dive or locking up.

So, any pressure from ether brake will distribute evenly, or just when the abs kicks in from either one?
It is from using the back brake. The rear brake works on one piston on the front. It is very light but increases the more you put on the back brake. The front works only the front caliper (and front abs). There is a delay valve so that it helps reduce fork dive.

It is from using the back brake. The rear brake works on one piston on the front. It is very light but increases the more you put on the back brake. The front works only the front caliper (and front abs). There is a delay valve so that it helps reduce fork dive.
So the rear brake has ABS also?

When discussing the brake system on the NCX, the model year needs to be specified. For example, the ABS brake system design of a 2012 is not the same as on a 2023.

True for you, but only 2012 and 2013 models have a 3 piston front caliper.

I took the front wheel to the shop to get a Michelin Road 5 tire installed. In and out in under 1/2 hour. Installing the wheel back on the bike took about 10 minutes to install and torque the bolts to spec. No ride today. My daughter was in town so we went to lunch instead. I'm planning on doing some riding tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back