• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left the house in a heavy fog with drizzle to ride to the motorcycle club's business meeting. The roads dried up quickly and the temps were in the mid 40s when I arrived. The ride home was much nicer. Sunny skies, warmer, and it just felt good to be out and about on a bike. 90 total miles for the day.

~360 Miles over to Boynton Beach and then back to Estero. Could not have asked for much better riding weather (IMO) at right around 80 and mostly sunny skies. The ride was a lot of straight lines but the restaurant we went to was fabulous! The Butcher and The Bar. All scratch made and some of the best food you could possibly imagine (third time there).

As much as I like the NC, I am really thinking about moving on to something else. I might keep it might sell it. The Tracer 9 GT + looks pretty appealing on paper. I might wait to see if the NT1100 arrives here in the USA also.

Today was week 7 of the Polar Bear Grand Tour and the destination was O’Conner’s American Bar and Grill in Easthampton NJ. The weather forecast for the day was pretty awful; 2.5 inches of rain, a flood watch, and high winds. I was going to skip the ride but it wasn’t raining, flooding, and minimal wind at the departure time. I put on the Goretex and out the door I went. The ride was in and out of rain on the way done and back. The last 7 miles was in continuous rain. Looked like a light turnout of riders today while I was there. 86 miles round trip for me.

Here are a couple of old Harleys that made the ride. Note the stick shifter on the blue bike.

IMG_3756.jpg

Today was week 7 of the Polar Bear Grand Tour and the destination was O’Conner’s American Bar and Grill in Easthampton NJ. The weather forecast for the day was pretty awful; 2.5 inches of rain, a flood watch, and high winds. I was going to skip the ride but it wasn’t raining, flooding, and minimal wind at the departure time. I put on the Goretex and out the door I went. The ride was in and out of rain on the way done and back. The last 7 miles was in continuous rain. Looked like a light turnout of riders today while I was there. 86 miles round trip for me.

Here are a couple of old Harleys that made the ride. Note the stick shifter on the blue bike.

View attachment 53342
As a former resident of Churchill MB, I take exception to the use of “Polar Bear” for this rainy ride. :p

0.8 mile around my neighborhood to heat up the bike after I washed it. Noteworthy because I had cataract surgery yesterday and the vision in that eye this afternoon is like it was perhaps 50 years ago. The other eye is scheduled for next week.

0.8 mile around my neighborhood to heat up the bike after I washed it. Noteworthy because I had cataract surgery yesterday and the vision in that eye this afternoon is like it was perhaps 50 years ago. The other eye is scheduled for next week.
Glad to hear it went well. I never would have guessed you would be able to ride teh day after catarac surgery. I had Lasik surgery 20 years ago and they wouldn't let me do anything for about a week.

Unpacked the Kemimooto handlebar muffs for a test fit. Decided to relocate the Oxford heated grips controller from the brake reservoir to a modified ball mount bracket. The muffs will fit over my brush/wind guards but I have to remover the mirrors to add the muffs and then reinstall the mirrors. I'm considering removing the brush/wind guards for winter.

Quick lunch ride yesterday to the Cowboy Bar in Felton CA, which is only a few miles down the road but it's much colder in that shady neck of the woods. Probably one of the last rides on the NC, as I've found it's replacement. Will make a post in the non-NC forum once the mystery bike gets back from the shop (getting a once over/checkup).

Day 323, 75 miles @ 50 degrees and sunny

turned over another milestone on today's ride..... and topped 20K miles for the year so far. 9th time out of the last 10 years

uDioHRYh.jpg

I took the front wheel off the bike so I can take the wheel down to the shop to get a new tire installed. Sticking with a Michelin Road 5.
Most people misplace their 10mm socket, I couldn't find a 17mm Hex Key Socket for the axle. Argh!

IMG_3771.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back