• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is week 6 of the Polar Bear Grand Tour. It was 46 degrees and raining at departure. The check in point was near me so total round trip miles was only 15 miles. The ride for the out of state riders was probably most unpleasent. Some of them are riding 200+ round trip miles today. The check in point was at Montgomeryville Cycle Center which as you will recall was the starting point for the first Iron Butt Rally in 1984.

Last edited:
Day 312...60 miles @ 51 degrees, overcast and windy. Was supposed to rain all day today but the weather terrorists missed this one. No rain at all so far

while on my way home I was riding past my son's fathers-in-law's house and saw 2 of my grandson's also out riding (son and his father-in-law live on adjoining farms). Son's FIL is my buddy Jimmy who rides the blue 2019 NC 750 I ride with every Thursday to lunch.

B2hAKsrh.jpg

Last edited:
Day 312...60 miles @ 51 degrees, overcast and windy. Was supposed to rain all day today but the weather terrorists missed this one. No rain at all so far

while on my way home I was riding past my son's fathers-in-law's house and saw 2 of my grandson's also out riding (son and his father-in-law live on adjoining farms). Son's FIL is my buddy Jimmy who rides the blue 2019 NC 750 I ride with every Thursday to lunch.

B2hAKsrh.jpg
How does your Oxford controller stick up through your handle bar muff? Did you need to cut a hole in the muff?

How does your Oxford controller stick up through your handle bar muff? Did you need to cut a hole in the muff?
Yes I cut a hole in it for the controller to stick up through. Just used a razor blade and cut it on both sides and the bottom, leaving the flap on top.

Last edited:
Day 313....woke up to freezing temps and a prediction of snow flurries but they never materialized. Waited until 3 pm to go out for my 50 mile ride @ 45 degrees and sunny

Need 531 more miles this month to have another 20K mile year, which will make the 9th out of the last 10 years.

Nothing since Saturday. Rode up to work in -3 Celsius on Friday. A tad icy. Caught COVID at work. Been off sick.
New paddock stand arrived today. Hopefully will get out to try it at the weekend.

Do you have any problem with the bike handling the heated gear load?
Nope.

I run a Warm-N-Safe heated jacket liner usually on about 30-40% and Oxford heated grips (inside Kemimoto handlebar muffs) usually on 30% . If it gets down below freezing the jacket may go to 50-60% and the grips 50% for a bit, before getting turned down to previous settings

Day 318...rain bath... 52 miles @ 58 degrees. Tried to get a ride in between rains, but the sky opened up the last 8 miles of the ride lol. Liquid sunshine baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back