• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 48759

Yesterday: Fork removal, disassembly, and cleaning.

Today: Drilling out holes in the dampers.

Tomorrow: Going to the dealer and hoping they stock the lower Allen head bolt I messed up getting it out (it was STUCK!), grabbing fork oil, and reassembly!
Do you think the patient will survive Doctor?
;-)

When I got home, went for a ride, but just looked at the nc700x....I hadnt rode the c50 boulevard in a while and it was its turn....There was a forest fire about 3/4 of a mile from my house down a dead-end road...Since I am surrounded by the same forestry, wanted to make sure it wasnt being blown in my direction...nope, I am east of the fire and wind was blowing from the south at 30-40 mph....The firemen gave up hope in trying to contain it,,,just made sure any structures or houses in the vicinity didnt catch fire....storms blew thru around 930pm so mother nature helped putting the fire out....Good thing, a major lumber yard in downtown Scottsburg Indiana caught fire about the same time-I suspect the nasty winds blew a power line down and sparked the fire-lumber yard a total loss,,,after 102 years in business....after mother nature helped contain the forest fire, they started making runs for down trees....wind the storms got here, wind gusts were up to 70mph...power at my house went off at 930pm and didnt come back on until 230am.....temps dropped almost 30 degrees when the storms arrived....High on Tuesday was 45'F, High yesterday was 84'F and high today will be 47'F

When I got home, went for a ride, but just looked at the nc700x....I hadnt rode the c50 boulevard in a while and it was its turn....There was a forest fire about 3/4 of a mile from my house down a dead-end road...Since I am surrounded by the same forestry, wanted to make sure it wasnt being blown in my direction...nope, I am east of the fire and wind was blowing from the south at 30-40 mph....The firemen gave up hope in trying to contain it,,,just made sure any structures or houses in the vicinity didnt catch fire....storms blew thru around 930pm so mother nature helped putting the fire out....Good thing, a major lumber yard in downtown Scottsburg Indiana caught fire about the same time-I suspect the nasty winds blew a power line down and sparked the fire-lumber yard a total loss,,,after 102 years in business....after mother nature helped contain the forest fire, they started making runs for down trees....wind the storms got here, wind gusts were up to 70mph...power at my house went off at 930pm and didnt come back on until 230am.....temps dropped almost 30 degrees when the storms arrived....High on Tuesday was 45'F, High yesterday was 84'F and high today will be 47'F
Wow, glad you are OK

RAIN and SNOW today.

Back field is flooding on both sides of the river. Waiting for the standing water to freeze. Fun times :(

Brought all my motorcycle riding gear up from the basement.
Pumped up both tires, which were 6 psi down.
Now just waiting for a sunny and about 40F day to fire her up and take my first spin of 2022.
Maybe tomorrow, if not, next week for sure.

We are supposed to get snow flurries for a few hours this morning as well., but not enough to keep one from riding I suppose. I'll find out lol

Ours is the wet slush snow. Forecast for more tomorrow too, some accumulation, slick roads

Did a little pre-season inspection today.
In checking the bike over, I noticed that the clamp connecting my aftermarket muffler to the mid-pipe had loosened and the whole muffler was rotated from vertical.
This would have caused exhaust leakage at the mid-pipe connection, and the welded bracket for the centre stand bump stop on the muffler inlet was misaligned.
This muffler bracket was now almost touching the bottom of the swing arm.
As soon as the bike would hit its first bump, or even with me just sitting on the bike, the bracket would be forced downwards by the swing arm and likely would have been bent.
I'm sure the muffler was like this for awhile last riding season, so maybe the swingarm hitting the bump stop is what caused the muffler to be rotated.
It pays to regularly inspect all of your bike.

Purchased a 2018 NC750X DCT sight unseen other than detailed photos and videos. Then I spent every free minute looking at accessories to install in anticipation of its arrival. Engine guards/crash bars, front visibility, rear visibility, turn signals, windscreen, suspension, and seats. Corbin may be a no go this time. $1k is way too much. As always, I appreciate any input from the gang here on the best upgrades, deals, and sales.

I'm going to use the bike as a grocery getter and weekend trips to Orlando and Miami from Estero Florida. We also have a riding club here in my community that have weekend diner runs.

DDuelin---Dave, wondering if we could meet up now that I'm back in the club! I know it was not a predicate, but you get the idea.

Heck, maybe even a Florida meetup?

Purchased a 2018 NC750X DCT sight unseen other than detailed photos and videos. Then I spent every free minute looking at accessories to install in anticipation of its arrival. Engine guards/crash bars, front visibility, rear visibility, turn signals, windscreen, suspension, and seats. Corbin may be a no go this time. $1k is way too much. As always, I appreciate any input from the gang here on the best upgrades, deals, and sales.

I'm going to use the bike as a grocery getter and weekend trips to Orlando and Miami from Estero Florida. We also have a riding club here in my community that have weekend diner runs.

DDuelin---Dave, wondering if we could meet up now that I'm back in the club! I know it was not a predicate, but you get the idea.

Congrats. There's a Corbin front on sale here if it hasnt been spoken for.

Well congratulations and welcome to the NDWO club. Not Done With One club.

It has been a long time since we had a FL NC700X RTE Rendezous, so long it predated the 750. I'd like to set something up. Have to think about it.

Well congratulations and welcome to the NDWO club. Not Done With One club.

It has been a long time since we had a FL NC700X RTE Rendezous, so long it predated the 750. I'd like to set something up. Have to think about it.
Thanks Dave! If you decide it is something you'd like to get on the books, let me know and I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back