• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2022: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between a torn meniscus, a family emergency, and two tick-borne diseases, I have not been on the bike in more than a month. I started it yesterday and cleaned and lubed the chain. Went out for 70 or 80 miles of suburban back roads today and really enjoyed being back in the saddle. Perfect riding weather, too.

Today's 52 mile NC ride closed out the month. 31 of 31 days ridden in July. 1485 miles on the NC, 689 on the CB, total 2,174 miles for the month,

186 days ridden and 12,109 miles for the year

Still chasin' dduelin lol
Impressive. I come nowhere close to that unfortunately.

I have no life lol
I'm still working but I work from home 3 - 4 days a week on flex time. Most Saturdays I ride a 200 - 300 mile ride solo or with friends and during the week I ride once or twice 50 - 100 miles usually in the early hours of the day. The summer's long days lets me get out at dawn and back home by 8:30 AM. I have an immediate family member that has been ill long periods of time in 2022 and this kept me pretty close to home and cut out long weekend trips yet I've been blessed with the ability to indulge my riding pleasures.

Bike has been sitting unridden for the week while I was up at the EAA AirVenture show in Oshkosh, WI. So I took it out for a spin to the local street fest tonight, then cleaned it up. Polished up the muffler with some metal polish, and got rid of some melted rubber boot marks. Also used some fine cutting compound to buff out a few scratches on the frunk from my jacket zipper. Looking all shiny and clean, so I can get just get it dirty again riding to work this week :p.

IMG_5320.jpg

Took the Honda for a ride up to Hommassa to look at some Kayaks. Hot, hot hot. Got back it was 95'F, heat index over a hundred....farm/horse barn chores usually keep me from riding early. About a 140 mile round trip today. One of these days though, want to ride over to east side of Florida and ride along that big river over there.

Took the Honda for a ride up to Hommassa to look at some Kayaks. Hot, hot hot. Got back it was 95'F, heat index over a hundred....farm/horse barn chores usually keep me from riding early. About a 140 mile round trip today. One of these days though, want to ride over to east side of Florida and ride along that big river over there.
I was riding down in horse country Saturday and thought of you david. We should meet up soon.

Today, I “retired” my NC’s rear Shinko Raven tire with 10,143 miles on it. This tire took me from the Midwest USA to Newfoundland and back, plus many other shorter trips, thus has a lot of straight highway miles. It squared off and the center tread wore out first. If I could have mixed in some twisties miles, I estimate the tire would have easily gone beyond 11,000 miles, perhaps even 12,000. I reinstalled a partly used Metzeler Z6 with 1404 miles on it that I had set aside last year as I wasn’t confident it would make it through my long trip.

Tires are sure more flexible and easier to mount in hot weather.

7D1A15EB-ACAE-441D-93AD-5899D1481B0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I do want to ride in your half of the state. Most of the roads over here suck....long and straight-numerous roads with 30-40 mile straights. Keep trying to make it to Palatka, but each time, those midday thunderstorms appear and I don't do lightening....

Today, I “retired” my NC’s rear Shinko Raven tire with 10,143 miles on it. This tire took me from the Midwest USA to Newfoundland and back, plus many other shorter trips, thus has a lot of straight highway miles. It squared off and the center tread wore out first. If I could have mixed in some twisties miles, I estimate the tire would have easily gone beyond 11,000 miles, perhaps even 12,000. I reinstalled a partly used Metzeler Z6 with 1404 miles on it that I had set aside last year as I wasn’t confident it would make it through my long trip.

View attachment 50065
I like your helping hand….:D

I like your setup. I still use tool kit tire irons and a few wood blocks to change my tires. I change tires for everyone I ride with and have been thinking about purchasing the Baja No Pinch kit.

I like your setup. I still use tool kit tire irons and a few wood blocks to change my tires. I change tires for everyone I ride with and have been thinking about purchasing the Baja No Pinch kit.

I sorta like that Baja tool. It would be nice for me to carry one along on my CRF250 dual sport, which has tube type tires. Thanks for sharing; I had not heard of it before.

The thing that bothers me is that it doesn't have a nylon faced tip to keep from scratching up the rim.

Last edited:
My 2019 750X continues to evolve. The Lust Racing Raising Link gave it much improved ground clearance and the YSS suspension (fork kit and shock) refined its road-holding feel when riding technical mountain roads, where the bike spends most of its time. With the improved handling the bike's only remaining issue was braking. The 320mm front disk does a great job most of the time, but extended runs involving repetitive hard braking took its toll on the oem rotor and rubber lines. The brake fade was alarming, with each phase of heat build-up requiring a stronger/longer lever pull and I began to notice a sore right hand after a 300 mile day chasing motards on the local goat trails.

On top of the annoying lever grip required, the feel through the lever had a perpetually gritty, pulsating sensation (progressively worsening with grip effort) that was out of character for the otherwise "smooth" to the touch NC. To improve things I added a Spiegler braided stainless steel brake line kit (ordered directly from Spiegler USA) and a "conventional" Brembo rotor that I ordered on ebay from Perfomoto in the UK.

Brembo_Spiegler.jpg

It was a nice improvement. The lever effort is still somewhat higher than a true sportbike, and some level of fade can be induced, but both issues are improved dramatically. I am running stock pads so perhaps there is some potential for improved performance but I don't feel the need just yet. The complete lack of the grainy, pulsating feel makes the change worth the time and cost, around $250 to $300 (based on the Euro to Dollar exchange rate). I have about 1,500 miles on the new brakes (17,000+ total on the bike) and when the bike is ridden at a sport touring pace the suspension and brake upgrades add an almost luxurious feel to the humble and versatile NC.

KEB

My 2019 750X continues to evolve. The Lust Racing Raising Link gave it much improved ground clearance and the YSS suspension (fork kit and shock) refined its road-holding feel when riding technical mountain roads, where the bike spends most of its time. With the improved handling the bike's only remaining issue was braking. The 320mm front disk does a great job most of the time, but extended runs involving repetitive hard braking took its toll on the oem rotor and rubber lines. The brake fade was alarming, with each phase of heat build-up requiring a stronger/longer lever pull and I began to notice a sore right hand after a 300 mile day chasing motards on the local goat trails.

On top of the annoying lever grip required, the feel through the lever had a perpetually gritty, pulsating sensation (progressively worsening with grip effort) that was out of character for the otherwise "smooth" to the touch NC. To improve things I added a Spiegler braided stainless steel brake line kit (ordered directly from Spiegler USA) and a "conventional" Brembo rotor that I ordered on ebay from Perfomoto in the UK.

View attachment 50084

It was a nice improvement. The lever effort is still somewhat higher than a true sportbike, and some level of fade can be induced, but both issues are improved dramatically. I am running stock pads so perhaps there is some potential for improved performance but I don't feel the need just yet. The complete lack of the grainy, pulsating feel makes the change worth the time and cost, around $250 to $300 (based on the Euro to Dollar exchange rate). I have about 1,500 miles on the new brakes (17,000+ total on the bike) and when the bike is ridden at a sport touring pace the suspension and brake upgrades add an almost luxurious feel to the humble and versatile NC.

KEB
Your oem pads are probably glazed and is probably the main culprit in your issue. Put on some EBC HH pads or EBC Road Race pads and you'll be much happier. I ride my 2016 NC hard on long trips through twisty mountain roads on stock brakes without issue, although, I can tell at around 12k miles, the oem pads are nearing the end of their life and will be replaced with EBC in the near future. I also do trackdays on my other 2013 NC, which is a dedicated track bike now, on road course tracks at an advanced pace on stock brakes other than the EBC Road Race pads on the front only. Had EBC HH pads on front only, then swapped to the Road race pads after they glazed and was a significant improvement. The NC's braking system is quite sufficient so long as you maintain fresh fluid and good pads. Although steel braided lines are a good modification too. The main reason that sportbikes have dual front brakes is that they are designed to slow down to cornering speeds from much higher speeds than the NC is capable of, in environments that the NC is not designed for, aka road course tracks. However, the NC can be made to be quite capable on track, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back