• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another lunch run to Alice's. Pulled pork sammich was very decent.

We took 236 back which runs through Big Basin Redwoods State Park. Super twisty road which is great for cornering practice, you can't really go over 20 or 35 mph safely, the turns are that tight and switchback-y. We nearly got clobbered by a logging truck who was straddling the whole road on one blind curve, he locked his brakes up pretty good.

It was almost 3 years ago that the area had major wildfires (we were evacuated), and I had not really seen the forest since, because it was a mess and it took a while to open it all back up. Before the fires it was a really dense & thick redwood forest with very little sun shining through. Lots of the trees were still there but not their branches, but those branches were growing back, they looked almost like Italian Cypress. I didn't recognize the place because there was much more sun and we had a better view of the basin through the trees.

IMG_20230613_150035468_HDR.jpg

Another lunch run to Alice's. Pulled pork sammich was very decent.

We took 236 back which runs through Big Basin Redwoods State Park. Super twisty road which is great for cornering practice, you can't really go over 20 or 35 mph safely, the turns are that tight and switchback-y. We nearly got clobbered by a logging truck who was straddling the whole road on one blind curve, he locked his brakes up pretty good.

It was almost 3 years ago that the area had major wildfires (we were evacuated), and I had not really seen the forest since, because it was a mess and it took a while to open it all back up. Before the fires it was a really dense & thick redwood forest with very little sun shining through. Lots of the trees were still there but not their branches, but those branches were growing back, they looked almost like Italian Cypress. I didn't recognize the place because there was much more sun and we had a better view of the basin through the trees.

View attachment 52283

Thats a helluva lot of "Cow" on that Indian :D

Went for a longish ride yesterday. Left the house in the Philadelphia suburbs and headed north almost to the New York state border. Turned west 40 miles or so, then headed back south to home. All back roads, with frequent stops just to look around. 300 miles, 11 hours total trip time, about 9 hours on bike time.

Odometer rolled over to 20,000+ miles on the trip.

It's THURSDAY which means lunch run with brother and buddy Jimmy. Today we went to Arby's for Roast Beef with "double meat" and crinkle cut fries, followed by a country ride of 94 miles and it got up to 82 degrees and sunny by the end of the ride.

ZGf4kFYh.jpg

LcrPST6h.jpg

First ride in over a week.... 69 miles had to get home early to take a family member to a 9:30 doctor appointment. I started a part time job a couple of weeks ago and it has cut into time available for riding.
Yes, part time jobs do that....lol...I got out for a quick lunch ride...went to Krystal's....I was craving white castle but Krystal's was the closest thing to it. I did ride the nc700x..

"It's THURSDAY which means lunch run with brother and buddy Jimmy. Today we went to Arby's for Roast Beef with "double meat" and crinkle cut fries, followed by a country ride of 94 miles and it got up to 82 degrees and sunny by the end of the ride."
Double meat & fries lunch followed by 94 miles in 82 degree heat - good work, I'd have nodded off :D

Mrs Ferret picked up yet another new scooter yesterday. She wasn't happy with the hill pulling power of her PCX 150, so traded it in on a 2023 X Max 300 Yamaha.

tZl0VwMh.jpg

I did 41 miles this afternoon on the NC solo, then after dinner went for a 45 miler with Mrs Ferret breaking the X Max in. She is happy with the hill pulling power of the 300 and she rode it like a champ tonight.

Those XMAX are pretty cool looking scooters.

No ride today but the weather was nice so I decided to clean & lube my chain (filthy), removed the grippy/cornering/squeeze your knees on them/whatever things that were stuck on the fairings, washed the bike and tried to make the chipped paint on the side of the radiator look better.

I sprayed it with a little Plastidip, and stupid me didn't let it cure long enough so most of it came off when I removed all the masking material. The Plastidip stuck to the bare/exposed metal ok, but it still looks kind of terrible. Going to have to spray some etching stuff on it and paint it for real sometime, and install one of those radiator covers that doesn't have "NC-700-XXX" emblazoned on it.

Also pondered buying an Aprilia Mana 850 GT.

Mrs Ferret picked up yet another new scooter yesterday. She wasn't happy with the hill pulling power of her PCX 150, so traded it in on a 2023 X Max 300 Yamaha.

tZl0VwMh.jpg

I did 41 miles this afternoon on the NC solo, then after dinner went for a 45 miler with Mrs Ferret breaking the X Max in. She is happy with the hill pulling power of the 300 and she rode it like a champ tonight.
Congratulations! Im curious about your first impressions. I hope they were as positive and surprising as mine.

Congratulations! Im curious about your first impressions. I hope they were as positive and surprising as mine.
The PCX 150 was a great little scooter I only rode it a couple of times, but it was a pleasure to ride. We live in what they call the first set of hills back from the Ohio River so we are mainly riding up and down hills whenever traveling north to south (towards or away from the river) and the PCX struggled on those hills, which can be pretty steep. Mrs. Ferret would max out at 36 mph ,in either 45 or 55 mph zones depending on the road, going up those hills on the PCX. Once on the "flats", the PCX would run up to 60 mph without issue. No such problem with the XMax, it flies up the hills ..... and on the flats. On last night's ride, I was letting Mrs Ferret lead, and several times I had to remind her what the speed limit was as she was feeling exuberant about her new found power lol. She noticed the X Max is much more stable at speed, but took more input into the curves, which I explained to her was because of several factors including weight, wheelbase and tire size. She also felt the XMax had very good brakes. The wind protection is much greater on the Xmax. I set the rear shocks on their softest setting which allowed it to lower some, and she has some new boots coming with Vibram soles Monday which should help with footing, but she still feels like it might be kind of tall for her. I checked at the dealership yesterday and Yamaha doesn't list the low seat as an acc in the US, so it might be either having the seat cut down or ordering the low seat you sent me the link to from Europe. Overall so far, she is very pleased.

No riding for me today. I lent my helmet to my wife so she could be a passenger on a Can Am Spyder RT. She came back with all posiitve comments and thinks we should investigate further. I was supposed to take a 4 hour long Can Am get acquainted class on Friday. But Rain, lightning, hail and high wind caused the class to be canceled. Rescheduled to 7/7. So the next 3 weeks of couch time will be spent researching on the FS3 Touring and the RT bikes. And buying her a helmet.

Last edited:
No riding for me today. I lent my helmet to my wife so she could be a passenger on a Can Am Spyder RT. She came back with all posiitve comments and thinks we should investigate further. I was supposed to take a 4 hour long Can Am get acquainted class on Friday. But Rain, lightning, hail and high wind caused the class to be canceled. Rescheduled to 7/7. So the next 3 weeks of couch time will be spent researching on the FS3 Touring and the RT bikes. And buying her a helmet.
I know how that story goes.
signal-2022-09-28-19-08-57-526.jpg
IMG_20221229_135850684_HDR.jpg

WOW, long day at the ball parks. 3 games. The first an hour east of home. The second and third games 2 hours west of that. Left at 9 this morning didn't get home until 7:45 this evening. Quickly grabbed the NC and got in a sunset 40 miler. Deer were thicker than the bugs, holy cow, they were everywhere tonight. Gave me pause a couple of times on the edge of the road, threatening to run out, but all turned around and headed back into the trees (thank goodness).

Anyhow, just a few miles from turning over another milestone so I'll pick that up tomorrow on Father's Day

The PCX 150 was a great little scooter I only rode it a couple of times, but it was a pleasure to ride. We live in what they call the first set of hills back from the Ohio River so we are mainly riding up and down hills whenever traveling north to south (towards or away from the river) and the PCX struggled on those hills, which can be pretty steep. Mrs. Ferret would max out at 36 mph ,in either 45 or 55 mph zones depending on the road, going up those hills on the PCX. Once on the "flats", the PCX would run up to 60 mph without issue. No such problem with the XMax, it flies up the hills ..... and on the flats. On last night's ride, I was letting Mrs Ferret lead, and several times I had to remind her what the speed limit was as she was feeling exuberant about her new found power lol. She noticed the X Max is much more stable at speed, but took more input into the curves, which I explained to her was because of several factors including weight, wheelbase and tire size. She also felt the XMax had very good brakes. The wind protection is much greater on the Xmax. I set the rear shocks on their softest setting which allowed it to lower some, and she has some new boots coming with Vibram soles Monday which should help with footing, but she still feels like it might be kind of tall for her. I checked at the dealership yesterday and Yamaha doesn't list the low seat as an acc in the US, so it might be either having the seat cut down or ordering the low seat you sent me the link to from Europe. Overall so far, she is very pleased.
Really happy to hear that! It really is a well engineered machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back