• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rode a whopping 3 miles to meet family for lunch. Came home and decided to try the cheap seat slope eliminator trick. The last few long-ish rides have given me some ass pain, so I'm going to see if this helps or not. I hate how these mega $$$ custom risers raise the pan in the front. I fear that finding the right aftermarket seat will induce more butt pain.

IMG_20230618_165737591_HDR.jpg

Took a 3-day weekend and rode the NC mountains with my brother. 400 miles on Friday hitting all the great asphalt roads (the Snake, Diamondback, Devil’s Whip, Little Switzerland, etc.). Saturday was about 150 miles of Forest Service Roads all over the place - ate a lot of dust! The FSR’s were all pretty rutted and washboarded from the rains. The NC700 did fine throughout - although a 19” front tire would have been nice off the pavement. My a$$, on the other hand, did not fare as well on the FSR’s. But there’s no doubt the NC is very capable off the asphalt.

I rode a whopping 3 miles to meet family for lunch. Came home and decided to try the cheap seat slope eliminator trick. The last few long-ish rides have given me some ass pain, so I'm going to see if this helps or not. I hate how these mega $$$ custom risers raise the pan in the front. I fear that finding the right aftermarket seat will induce more butt pain.

View attachment 52321
The Showkey mod (RIP) works for a lot of people. I rode the stock seat with this mod for close to 25,000 miles. To mute the appearance change of the lifted seat you can take 1” closed cell pipe insulation and cut a piece to fill the gap created when the front of the seat is lifted. The foam is pushed into the gap. I’ll look for a picture but it was 10 years ago.

Just in from a 190km round trip on brisk secondary roads, in 23C and mostly sunshine. Some nice bacon and eggs also partaken of.

no -- ohlins rear and race tech fork springs (no emulators).
I just installed a Cognet rear shock , wondering what race tech springs you went with , I ordered some .8 springs , but haven't installed them yet. I did change oil seals and put 15 wt maxima fork oil and adjustable preload fork caps on the black nc700x with Penske rear shock and it improved the front a bit.
What are your impressions w the race tech springs

I went for my normal 125 mile ride up Icehouse Rd to Wentworth Springs to stumpy meadows and back. , The best Twisties around here. Would have continued to Georgetown - Coloma-Placerville and back ,but the sun was getting low and turned around to put it at my backPXL_20230622_013811692.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230622_013842632.jpg
    PXL_20230622_013842632.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
I just installed a Cognet rear shock , wondering what race tech springs you went with , I ordered some .8 springs , but haven't installed them yet. I did change oil seals and put 15 wt maxima fork oil and adjustable preload fork caps on the black nc700x with Penske rear shock and it improved the front a bit.
What are your impressions w the race tech springs
You keep mentioning Cognet suspension components. Do you have Cognet, or is what you have really Cogent? https://www.motocd.com/ I searched for Cognet shocks and really found nothing but your posts.
BDE66048-1EDD-4E6A-932A-6708954254A7.jpeg

Last edited:
I went for my normal 125 mile ride up Icehouse Rd to Wentworth Springs to stumpy meadows and back. , The best Twisties around here. Would have continued to Georgetown - Coloma-Placerville and back ,but the sun was getting low and turned around to put it at my backView attachment 52344
Pretty bike well equipped

My first NC experience was on my nephews NC 700 in the Sierra Nevada foothills. I remember Rt 4, Ebbets Pass and Monitor Pass?

DZSOBx1h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back