• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a used NC700 rear wheel from one of our forum members, to be used by me as a spare. I installed silver customTAYLOR33 reflective rim stripes so it would match my original wheels.
563CDB9E-314B-46DE-8EEA-E8E182CC7116.jpegFBA5669F-9020-4CA8-B75F-28E6F4920EC4.jpegD76B43DD-AB2F-44F1-AD99-EACA5644F01A.jpeg

Last edited:
Packing for a few days in the Smokies.
Have fun in the Smokies, although I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t.

We have a different version of the smokies right now. Wild fire smoke is bad in our area. We are having to limit outdoor activities today. Maybe a wind direction change will make tomorrow better.

Flew to Southern Europe yesterday with the family, leaving her lonely in the garage.
Might cheat on her with a couple locals, but she knows I'll just find them inferior in most ways. Summer flings because two weeks of the local landscape is just too tempting.

Rode over to Harrisburg, PA to have a look around and to get used to riding on 70+ mph interstate again. Actually I-76 was not bad, steady 70 mph and traffic was not too heavy on the out bound lanes from Philadelphia. The city of Harrisburg was a lot cleaner and less congested than I remember. I saw only one lamp post decorated like this. I stopped to look at the Tuskegee Airmem Mural. A young man walked up and we started chatting. It came out that he owned the building and had the mural painted. He is Charles Y Petty's grandson. That's him in the picture with the white shirt. I'm glad he stopped to talk.

219 miles, 8 hours total trip time, 6 hours saddle time, sore bum. What a Great Day!

P1000685.JPG350 Charles Y Petty Sr. (Tuskegee Airmen) Mural, Harrisburg.JPG

Today , I'll be installing new Pirelli Angel ST rear tire ( only got about 1200 miles on the last one) , and new rear cush damping rubbers, doing oil and filter change, installing new race tech .80 fork springs and preload adjustable fork caps, to get a better balance w the Cognet shock I recently installed, might even install the Honda accessory footshifter kit or say F it and take black NC 700X DCT for a ride after I drop red bikes rear tire off at the shop . It'll be a challenge to get all this done with my left hand FUBARED :)) might have to ask the neighbor if he can help me reinstall the back wheel.
PXL_20230630_141607871.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230630_141725305.jpg
    PXL_20230630_141725305.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20230630_141559466.jpg
    PXL_20230630_141559466.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20230630_141509226.jpg
    PXL_20230630_141509226.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Got back this afternoon after 3 days out of town visiting Natl Parks with the Mrs and hopped on the NC for a 42 mile curvy roads ride to finish out the month with 27 days riding, and 1998 miles. For the year that's 163 days ridden and 9,369 miles

It is 85 degrees and humid out too so after today's ride I switched out the Givi touring shield for my cut down summer shield.... I need some air lol

AnFM2zDh.jpg

The riding buddies went out to an Indian dealer for one of those deals where you can sign up to test ride a few new bikes. Being not that interested in them myself, I met up w/ them afterwards for lunch at this place down the street:

I didn't really make it in time to eat but got to meet the owner who was a cool & interesting guy. I should've left earlier...on the way there I did a short spirited run on a not busy stretch of the highway I'm pretty happy how the bike handles being wrung out a bit, though the buffeting nearly blew me off my seat.

I finally got all the parts to install this:
View attachment 52396View attachment 52397

And then rode in the rain to work. Oh, and left my lunch on the saddlebags that I removed.
Hey Neighbor! I spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods a few years back. We should meet up sometime, maybe hit the Riverbend there in Alberton for lunch or something... :{)

Today when i returned home from work my new-to-me RDL seat had arrived from another member here. So excited that it arrived early i installed it right away and did the tilt correction seat-mod at the same time. Then showered and took it out for a short ride, an that RDL is nice. I so enjoyed it, now to get some miles on it. :{)New RDL Seat2.jpgNew RDL Seat.jpg

Yesterday 200 miles in and around the Chattahoochee National Forest. The smoke from the Canadian fires has made it all the way to northern Georgia and the visibility in the morning was really bad. Thunderstorms swept through the area midday and I got back to the cabin just in time to stay dry and un-lightning struck. Four hours later the sun came out and the sky was clear bright blue again. The roads were wet for a while and with so much tree cover it was challenging in the transitions from dry to wet pavement but so much fun.

Today , I'll be installing new Pirelli Angel ST rear tire ( only got about 1200 miles on the last one) , and new rear cush damping rubbers, doing oil and filter change, installing new race tech .80 fork springs and preload adjustable fork caps, to get a better balance w the Cognet shock I recently installed, might even install the Honda accessory footshifter kit or say F it and take black NC 700X DCT for a ride after I drop red bikes rear tire off at the shop . It'll be a challenge to get all this done with my left hand FUBARED :)) might have to ask the neighbor if he can help me reinstall the back wheel.
View attachment 52406
Didn't get the footshift kit installed because I screwed up/strained my rt arm/shoulder trying to get preload adjustable fork caps on after changing fork oil and installing racetech 0.80 springs and spacers (yep i cut the spacers to rt length, just shoulder and especially palm were still tender after carpal tunnel surgery and today I can barely lift rt arm) :(( Guess no riding or flyfishing for a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back