• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an on coming Mercedes turn to his right, in front of me. I was doing about 40mph. I have no idea what the actual impact speed was but I'm ok.

I may have sprained my right wrist but that's all.

It bent both forks and broken the front wheel. My right arm hit and twisted the mirror around.

When we hit, the car was traveling to my right which turned the handlebars hard right. The rear of the bike came off of the ground enough to cause left handlebar to hit the car and tweek it a bit.

My jacket armor took the shoulder impact to the top of the passenger window. My helmet made contact with the roof of the car but calling that a head impact would be an over statement.

Im wondering if the bike can be fixed or did it bend the frame.

View attachment 51921View attachment 51922View attachment 51923View attachment 51924View attachment 51925
Glad you were able to walk away.

Developing some single track in the forest near me and decided to try the NCX on it. Clearly it wasn't designed for this but it did quite well. This was just before I made my own tail tidy posted above.

Attachments

• 20230503_171339.jpg
    20230503_171339.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230503_171413.jpg
    20230503_171413.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 19
  • DGNO8775.jpeg
    DGNO8775.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19
I went out for a quick 45-50mi ride, the first one (except for taking it home from the shop) since falling off in October and breaking my ankle. I rode past the site of my accident, just because. The best thing was that I had the shop throw on a pair of Continental Road Attack tires and relegated the Michelin Pilots that were on there to the bin, where they belong. The bike is back to be being the sure-footed ride that I remember. There really was a noticeable difference, even being brand new and me not being in the saddle for 7 months.

Crossed GA corner to corner the long way. 467 miles. Great weather great roads no traffic. Ensconced at Two Wheels Only Motorcycle camp.
You are certainly living the good life now dduelin!

The year after I retired I rode from Ohio to the West Coast to dip my toe in the Pacific Ocean (done at Monterey beach) lol. 5500 miles in 11 days. What a great ride.

We've been rainy/drizzly/cold for a couple of days, and it's looking to continue that trend for the next 4 or 5. We did have some brief sunshine today, so I had to get the old TRX250 out and run the weed sprayer up to the upper field to knock down some noxious weeds (a yearly battle).
On the NC, I decided I didn't really like having the tank bag on top of the frunk so I removed that. And I'm still hemming and hawing on how to to the rear rack/backrest design. So, thoughtful thinking about that design counts as bike time, right?!

Day 113 of riding...78 miles, of which 44 were with my wife on her PCX 150 @ 73 degrees and partly cloudy.

Turned over 6,000 miles for the year .... and another milestone on my 21 DCT NC

vnJBiWdh.jpg

Rained very hard in the wee hours leaving wet roads in N GA and TN then and off showers kept roads wet until mid afternoon. Rode to Blairsville for breakfast then a big day with Wolf Pen Gap Rd, TN30/315, Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, TN 360. 360 brought me back to Tellico Plains and I rode TN30/315 the other way back to TWO. TN30/315 is about my favorite road in these parts. Because traffic was so light I rode the Dragon three times which is unheard of for me. A group of vintage and classic two strokes was at the dragon today but that was about all. On US129 going north form Robbinsville I saw a suspension bridge across the Cheoah River just south of the Tail of the Dragon. Circled back and parked to find it can be crossed.

Two Wheels of Suches, GA

IMG_3186.jpg

Greasy Creek alongside TN30 below Reliance, TN.

IMG_3190.jpg

Don't jump on it!!

IMG_3192.jpg

Rained very hard in the wee hours leaving wet roads in N GA and TN then and off showers kept roads wet until mid afternoon. Rode to Blairsville for breakfast then a big day with Wolf Pen Gap Rd, TN30/315, Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon, TN 360. 360 brought me back to Tellico Plains and I rode TN30/315 the other way back to TWO. TN30/315 is about my favorite road in these parts. Because traffic was so light I rode the Dragon three times which is unheard of for me. A group of vintage and classic two strokes was at the dragon today but that was about all. On US129 going north form Robbinsville I saw a suspension bridge across the Cheoah River just south of the Tail of the Dragon. Circled back and parked to find it can be crossed.

Two Wheels of Suches, GA

View attachment 51982

Greasy Creek alongside TN30 below Reliance, TN.

View attachment 51983

Don't jump on it!!

View attachment 51984
I have pictures somewhere taken at 2 of those spots. Hint not Greasy Creek lol.

Too bad about the rain. Beautiful area to ride when it's dry, but it probably kept the crowds down

Last edited:
IMG_20230506_084649002_HDR.jpg

Update from the insurance adjuster.

The adjuster said that new forks, wheel, and tire was going to be about $2700. I have no idea what tire he priced but it has a new Michelin road 6 on it at the moment. Since he didn't actually look at the bike there was no input for a headlight (cracked) or any plastic.

We agreed to send it to a nearby Honda dealership for a final estimate. I did call the service desk at the receiving dealership, and they said that they will measure the frame for bends and look for cracks.

Today I took a longer than usual ”local” ride, this time on the NC. I put in about 130 miles, roaming small country roads, many that I had never been on. I’d look on the GPS map and follow the least straight or least direct roads. Some turned to gravel at times but that was a non issue. No pictures taken, except the ones I took for the tag game. It was a fun day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back