• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Storm Agnes hit. Too windy for going out. Had to remove the cover off the bike as it was going to act like a sail. Still too windy to put back on but will see about a spin on the bike after work. Just need to watch out for debris.

Storm Agnes hit. Too windy for going out. Had to remove the cover off the bike as it was going to act like a sail. Still too windy to put back on but will see about a spin on the bike after work. Just need to watch out for debris.
Be careful ewen. That’s hurricane strength to us. It might take a day or so to clear the roads after a storm like that here in Florida.

Want out, did my pre ride check, started off and within a few feet the heavens opened.
Went for a ride anyway. Lots of leaves on the roads so a bit slippery but the only debris was what looked like a cylinder head bolt in town. Luckily. I saw it before I went over it. Don't know where that came from. Now waiting for the bike to cool and the rain to stop to give it a dry and get the cover on.

Rained until 1 pm then quit. Suited up and headed out at 2:15. Stayed mostly dry except for light sprinkles the last 8 miles. 68 degrees and extremely overcast for today's 45 mile ride

Intended on going out today on the NC for my quick 40 mile route but the battery is dead. I'll order a new one, probably a Noco lithium. I'm going to Toronto tomorrow so it will have to wait until I get back to pop it in. The battery is actually 5 years old which is not bad for Florida.

Lovely day today. Wife sent me out to the shop after work and went for a run. Decided to see just what it would do on the straight with nae polis around.
Cane home with big grin but forgot to do the shopping...
Went back out on the bike to do the shopping...

Lovely day today. Wife sent me out to the shop after work and went for a run. Decided to see just what it would do on the straight with nae polis around.
Cane home with big grin but forgot to do the shopping...
Went back out on the bike to do the shopping...
Should point out that "nae polis" is Scots for "no police"

Away from motorways and dual carriageways there aren't usually Gardai (Irish police) out unless they are doing a road safety campaign. Not that I'd ever speed, of course...The roads don't always let you...
The danger is the camera vans...

A dual ride day to finish out the month of September ....46 on the CB this morning @ 59 degrees and a little foggy, and then a 31 mile after dinner ride with Mrs Ferret on her XMax @ 75 degrees and sunny. Today's rides capped a perfect 30 for 30 month, 2162 miles total, 801 on the CB and 1,361miles on the NC.

Spent most of the day cleaning and polishing the car and taking photos to get it ready for sale.
The afternoon has been lovely, a bit windy but 17°c so went out on the bike just for a ride. We have a very straight section of road with roundabouts each end which is great for opening up the bike so went up and down that a few times then through the town to and then home on some back roads to clean the bugs off my lid. Was a bit gusty on the road but to be expected
Great fun.

Did the front brakes and replaced the fluid. Fluid was about three years old. Looked a bit like a beer versus water for the new stuff.
PXL_20231001_201855575.jpg
Cleaned up the pistons before putting back together.
PXL_20231001_201907573.jpg
These brake tools really are helpful. Thanks to Griff for sharing the piston tool idea.
PXL_20231001_214202390.jpg
Used the Vibra-tite dry threadlocker versus replacing the caliper screws. I'm pretty happy with it.
PXL_20231002_002107349.jpg
I went with the EBC organic pads versus the HH I had before. No perceptible difference in braking. For those who use the EBC organic pads, there is a note that there is a hook that is 1mm into the pads. They recommend replacement at about the 2mm mark.

I had a weeping front left fork, more like an occasional spitting. I got one of those little plastic fork seal cleaners, used it as directed. Cleaned the top gasket also and then pumped the forks a few times. Took the bike out for 1.5 hours...no more spitting from the fork seal. I was amazed on how little gunk can cause them to start leaking. The amount was no more than a dozen small grains of sand....I do live on a dirt/rock/sand road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back