• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just (as in 5min ago) did the seat stock mod as seen on this forum. I wasn't mentally prepared for the gap this creates. I like this solution and will be on the lookout for some suitable foam. I think I'm good to try 1" black rubber expansion joint filler.
I think @dduelin used foam ac pipe insulation to fill the gap.

Finished work at 17:00 and went for a ride and to the shop for stuff for the wife. Sunset is 16:45 so already dark but surprisingly warm for November. Then again that could be all the layers I had on. Also got the news that I need to go into the office on Monday. That will entail leaving at 7am. Hopefully it is still above freezing as I got rid of the car and the NC700 is my main transport now.
Time to see if my laptop fits in the frunk...

Rode for possibly the last time this season today. It was just below freezing (-2C) but sunny. Just my finger tips were cold at highway speeds but below 70 kph I was fine. Tonight they forecast freezing rain and snow and that means they will probably dump piles of salt on the roads and that is usually the end of riding for everyone up here. We shall see!

Rode for possibly the last time this season today. It was just below freezing (-2C) but sunny. Just my finger tips were cold at highway speeds but below 70 kph I was fine. Tonight they forecast freezing rain and snow and that means they will probably dump piles of salt on the roads and that is usually the end of riding for everyone up here. We shall see!
We have the problem of snow here and they plow a lot so I can sneak rides in when the roads dry out, but they spread sand out which is actually the biggest problem.

Day 288....Thursday is lunch ride day with my younger brother and buddy Jim... Today we rode to a little pizza place and then out to ride that new road I discovered and wanted to show it to those guys, then down to the Pink Pig for a chocolate malt for dessert. 117 miles today @ 60 degrees and partly cloudy

Had my usual after work ride yesterday and have only noticed that I didn't put the the clock back an hour. I just know that will bug me today as well.
New clutch lever arriving today as the old one was slightly bent (not me, was like that when I bought it). Got fed up with the aesthetics of it. Will fit tomorrow during daylight and sort the clock.

Bike has frost on it this morning. Not boding well for my 7am journey on Monday. As long as there is no black ice I'll be fine.
Noticed one of the aux lights has an intermittent connection so today will be put on the new clutch lever and adjust and then take off the aux and see if the connection can be fixed. Hopefully I can get at the internals as it looks like that is where it is. May need to get out the soldering iron.
On a side note,The mysterious oil seal that was brought up by the dealer doesn't seem to be manifesting in any loss of oil.
Once all that is done I'll go for a ride.

Day 290...a 45 mile ride... first up to the local Honda/Yamaha shop to chat with the guys and look at new stuff they got in, then finished off on what I call the 450 loop, since ST RT 450 is the apex before heading back toward home again. 50 degrees and sunny for today's ride. Oh and stopped for gas went 184 miles, was not on reserve yet, but was down to 1 bar, took 2.5 gals to refill for 73.6 mpg

Polar Bear ride #3 complete. I left when the temperature was in the high 30s and the temp got up to 46 during the ride. Today's mileage is 118 miles round trip. Passed the 25,000 miles reading on the odometer.

The bridge at New Hope, Pennsylvania over the Delaware River and a field by Rocktown, New Jersey.

IMG_3687.jpgIMG_3688.jpg

Lovely day today. However Storm Debbi is due to hit at 2am. Was supposed to go up to a meeting at head office tomorrow. Told them I wouldn't be going if the wind was too high Too much chance of debris on the road especially on two wheels.
Anyway, bimbled about on the bike, chatted to others and enjoyed myself. New floodlights arrive tomorrow and I'm on annual leave from Tuesday until Monday so will have time to fit them.

It is kind of hard typing this, I didn't ride with the usual suspects but I could of. There was a moto swap meet practically next door to me, so I just walked over with my son early for some quality time with him. The other guys I usually ride with (about 4 of them) had rode over and then went out riding for the rest of the day. My neighbor came over and just told me a (couple of hours ago) that one of them was killed while they were riding yesterday afternoon. A guy in a truck pulled out in front of the group and clearly made a bad call about which lane he should've entered....not sure how it's going to play out. I had only rode with this gentleman twice and he was a super nice, easy-going and well-seasoned rider. I'm as shocked as the other guys and while I wasn't present, we're all taking a break, stay safe out there everybody.

Last edited:
It is kind of hard typing this, I didn't ride with the usual suspects today but I could have. There was a moto swap meet practically next door to me, so I just walked over with my son early for some quality time with him. The other guys I usually ride with (about 4 of them) had rode over and then went out riding for the rest of the day. My neighbor came over and told me a couple of hours ago that one of them was killed while riding yesterday afternoon. A guy in a truck pulled out in front of the group and clearly made a bad call about which lane he should've entered....not sure how it's going to play out. I had only rode with this gentleman twice and he was a super nice, easy-going and well-seasoned rider. I'm as shocked as the other guys and while I wasn't present, we're all taking a break, stay safe out there everybody.
I can’t put a Like on this but you know what I mean. Sorry for your loss and prayers uplifted for loved ones left to mourn his passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back