• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024 NC750X (DCT)?

T.S.Zarathustra

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Will the beloved NC be discontinued (the Transalp might take over the 750cc space in the product line), continued as is for the next year, or will we get brand new upgraded bike. Does anyone have any idea ahead of the Eicma show?

7. Oct. Edited for clarification.
29. Oct. Added link to Honda announcement, https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/adventure/nc750x

Last edited:
The OP being in the Netherlands, I’d say that chances of there being a 2024 NC750X in the Netherlands is probably higher than there being one in the USA. The NC has never been a big seller in the States, and for 2023 the manual transmission model wasn’t even imported.

The Transalp is more of an adverture bike while the NC, despite it’s adventure styling, is really pure street bike. I don’t think one could replace the other.

Some time ago there were hints of a new style NC engine, but so far it has not materialized. Honda hints and shows lots of concepts that never see production. But what do I know? I never even thought the 700 would morph into a 750.

Engine for NC is being used for a scooter, I can't remember which model off hand and its pretty popular. Very much doubt that they will discontinue the NC and I wish they will add some more stuff like they did to the CBX/CBR 500 series.

I think the availability of the DCT will keep the NC750X alive for awhile more. Other than the Goldwing there is no other road bike with a DCT. I think as we age riders will want to downsize from their big Goldwings to an easier to manage lighter bike with a DCT.

Last edited:
The Transalp is more of an adverture bike…

I think that’s very funny! Mix together “advertisement” and “adventure” and what do you get? An adverture bike!

IDK whether that was an extremely clever jab at the BMW ‘adventure’ riders who rarely leave pavement, or just a type-o, but I’m glad you posted it either way!

(-:

I think that’s very funny! Mix together “advertisement” and “adventure” and what do you get? An adverture bike!

IDK whether that was an extremely clever jab at the BMW ‘adventure’ riders who rarely leave pavement, or just a type-o, but I’m glad you posted it either way!

(-:
Haha! I admit it was a typo, but thanks to you catching it, I think we just invented a new motorcycle category, or rather appropriately named an existing one. The NC7xX falls into the adverture category in that it’s advertised as an adventure bike, but it’s really one in style only. And as you say, adverture applies to the adventure Beemer models /riders that live their whole life on pavement. Excellent!

I think the availability of the DCT will keep the NC750X alive for awhile more. Other than the Goldwing there is no other road bike with a DCT. I think as we age riders will want to downsize from their big Goldwings to an easier to manage lighter bike with a DCT.
We shall see if the NC dies (in the USA) and take one of three Honda motorcycle DCTs with it (at least from the USA market). The Transalp has something like electric shift whatever, but Honda chose not to employ DCT. Other manufacturers never jumped on the DCT wagon. I wonder if DCT will grow or will it die.

Im not trading my 2023 anytime soon. Its the last bike I will ever own.
Im pleased to own it. ;)
I’m pleased, too. I think with the longevity and reliability of the NC series, you can keep one running as long as you like whether Honda keeps building them or not.

Interesting observations on the DCT. Though the quick shifters are great, I really enjoy the more relaxed riding the DCT offers me. I'll probably buy one or two more road bikes before I quit and I hope the DCT continues. Complete aside, the BMW C400GT I purchased is just an awesome little bike (thought came to mind because of its shiftless CVT tranny). Really very versatile, easy riding, practical and fun.

Or .... will the market be taken over by EVs and Hybrids all with auto trans in the next few years? Kawasaki just announced 2 EVs and 1 hybrid this week, and Honda says they are going to have a slew of EVs soon.

Or .... will the market be taken over by EVs and Hybrids all with auto trans in the next few years? Kawasaki just announced 2 EVs and 1 hybrid this week, and Honda says they are going to have a slew of EVs soon.
Not the next few, but the next fifty years, maybe. Motorcycles are so far behind autos, I don’t expect electric and hybrid bikes to take over anytime soon. They are barely making a dent in the automobile world as yet.

Not the next few, but the next fifty years, maybe. Motorcycles are so far behind autos, I don’t expect electric and hybrid bikes to take over anytime soon. They are barely making a dent in the automobile world as yet.

I am not convinced that EVs will remain in favor for the long term. Maybe dominate is the better characterization. The operation of the vehicle clearly has environmental benefits. Charging and the production of EVs, not so much. EVs are good for politicians and, to some extent, the manufacturers. I'm not going to cite any studies here, but the data is easy to find supporting the increase in carbon emissions directly related to the charging and production of electric vehicles. Right now, with the global electric grid energy generation strategies, EVs are not the answer but rather the beginning. Big battery has just recently been retooled and are not eager to retool again to move away from Li+; just listen to their earnings calls...they are not budging. Ingenuity and innovation are actually being stifled, partially due to the EV push, despite the fact that they have driven solutions to problems for as long as time. I'm a green energy advocate and am very disappointed with the direction we are going, globally. Smoke and mirrors for the most part.

We have the NT1100 DCT over here which is a fully fledged road bike. That has not been updated after 2 years, just new paint. The NC might get a mid life update but I think it will just get new paint again this year. It is a very popular bike so there's no chance it will be deleted.

We have the NT1100 DCT over here which is a fully fledged road bike. That has not been updated after 2 years, just new paint. The NC might get a mid life update but I think it will just get new paint again this year. It is a very popular bike so there's no chance it will be deleted.
An indicator of popularity of the NC750X in Ireland may be that, as I understand it, the ‘23 NC is available in 3 or 4 color choices and in both manual and DCT. In the USA, the ‘23 NC choice is one color, and only DCT. My guess is so few sell in the US, it’s not worth importing a wide array of configurations.

When it came out in Europe in 2012 as the 700, it was panned by the bike press. People still bought it though, and in the UK it's now close to the best selling bike I think.
You are correct about the choice of colours and gearboxes we have. Maybe your much cheaper fuel makes it a less compelling purchase in the USA.

When it came out in Europe in 2012 as the 700, it was panned by the bike press. People still bought it though, and in the UK it's now close to the best selling bike I think.
You are correct about the choice of colours and gearboxes we have. Maybe your much cheaper fuel makes it a less compelling purchase in the USA.
Yes, cheap fuel means most (I think) people in the States are not concerned about motorcycle fuel efficiency. For the most part motorcycles here are sport or hobby toys bought with discretionary income, and not primary transportation.

Yes, cheap fuel means most (I think) people in the States are not concerned about motorcycle fuel efficiency. For the most part motorcycles here are sport or hobby toys bought with discretionary income, and not primary transportation.
Cheap fuel means people can own cars which then relegates bikes to toy status and thus you don’t worry about fuel economy on your toy because it’s not a need

It is my view that drivers in Europe and the UK are educated and disciplined to the rules of the road and accept the benefits motorcyclists enjoy in urban settings. Drivers over here are running the asylum and authorities have lost control in many jurisdictions. If riders could filter and lane split universally in the US safely I believe more motorcycles would be used for transportation instead of purely recreational use. As it is I never expected the NC to last this long in North America.

Back