• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2024 NC750X (DCT)?

Honda has announced the 2024 NC750X for US market.

I don't notice much change.
Same bike, new price. Still amazing that the NCX model is entering it’s 13th year. That’s a pretty long run for a Honda.

Same bike, new price. Still amazing that the NCX model is entering it’s 13th year. That’s a pretty long run for a Honda.
Yes the NCX may be in it's 13th year but only 4 years into it's current reconfiguration. I have the 2022 NC750X DCT and it is very much improved over my friends 2014 NC700X DCT. Additionally, another friend just picked up his all new Transalp and although it is called out as a 750, the engine is completely different from the NC750X engine. Setting my bike next to his Transalp, it is easy to see that they are two totally different bikes.

Yes the NCX may be in it's 13th year but only 4 years into it's current reconfiguration. I have the 2022 NC750X DCT and it is very much improved over my friends 2014 NC700X DCT. Additionally, another friend just picked up his all new Transalp and although it is called out as a 750, the engine is completely different from the NC750X engine. Setting my bike next to his Transalp, it is easy to see that they are two totally different bikes.
I would never trade my 2012 for a 2022. But Honda does marketing research and perhaps you were the target audience they were going for when they made the latest changes.

Maybe what he means is that the bike is almost completely unchanged since 2020 2021. The colours might be different but probably all the parts are interchangeable, down to the last screw.
But Honda does list them as 2024, and more importantly, they'll be available as new in 2024.

My guess is their CEO, Marketing (MM), Financial (FM), New Products (NPM) and Production (PM) Managers had a meeting that went something like this.
CEO "Next is the NC750X".
MM "We forecast sales of about 10K NC750X in 2024. 80% of that with DCT".
NPM "It's getting a bit old, but we do not have a replacement ready".
FM "It has been profitable so far".
PM "We can make the current one. There is a space in the production schedule and all parts are available. No redesign is required"
CEO. "Okay, let's order the parts and make 10K. Next bike."

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 14.19.25.png

Last edited:
Maybe what he means is that the bike is almost completely unchanged since 2020. The colours might be different but probably all the parts are interchangeable, down to the last screw.
But Honda does list them as 2024, and more importantly, they'll be available as new in 2024.

My guess is their CEO, Marketing (MM), Financial (FM), New Products (NPM) and Production (PM) Managers had a meeting that went something like this.
PM "We can make the current one. There is a space in the production schedule and all parts are available. No redesign is required"

View attachment 53159
In my opinion, there are probably more differences going from 2020 to 2021 than between all iterations prior to that. Compared to 2020, the 2021 has a new frame, new bodywork, shorter suspension travel, throttle by wire, new battery placement, different fuel capacity, etc.

Maybe what he means is that the bike is almost completely unchanged since 2020. The colours might be different but probably all the parts are interchangeable, down to the last screw.

View attachment 53159
No that isnt it, I mean when I click on that link it shows a 2020 NC750 on the 2023/2024 brochure page. :oops:
https://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle/adventure/nc750x?year=2024

In my opinion, there are probably more differences going from 2020 to 2021 than between all iterations prior to that. Compared to 2020, the 2021 has a new frame, new bodywork, shorter suspension travel, throttle by wire, new battery placement, different fuel capacity, etc.
Right. I need to have my head examined. For some reason I took him to mean the 2021 version, the first year after last update. My screenshot was from after his post.

This seems current.

Last edited:
I would never trade my 2012 for a 2022. But Honda does marketing research and perhaps you were the target audience they were going for when they made the latest changes.
Won't the 2022 or even a 2024 have made changes that make it better than a 2012 model? Asking, as I have a 2012 manual. I just wish they added cruise control to the bike and sort of maybe miss not having the dct model. Though read Honda will come out with a retro kit for some Honda bikes, hopefully NC, to make it a DCT type shifter :) plus it seems still retain the clutch function.

Won't the 2022 or even a 2024 have made changes that make it better than a 2012 model? Asking, as I have a 2012 manual. I just wish they added cruise control to the bike and sort of maybe miss not having the dct model. Though read Honda will come out with a retro kit for some Honda bikes, hopefully NC, to make it a DCT type shifter :) plus it seems still retain the clutch function.
You’d have to look at the 2022 or 2024 compared to 2012 and see if those changes are desirable for you. I find when manufacturers of vehicles make updates and changes, for me it’s about 50-50 whether the newer version is more or less desirable.

Compared to a 2012, a 2023 or 2024 in the USA has less suspension travel, has fewer colored painted parts, a manual transmission is not available, and suggested by some to be a little louder, to name a few differences. It’s good for people who views those changes as positive, not good for those that don’t.

Back