• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

38 or a 45 - Going to Ricochet From Another Direction

AAA does motorcycles, but it is an extra fee. I think I am paying an extra. $10.00 per year. We had the AAA already so the $10.00 not bad.

Thanks. I'll have to check that. Any experience on how they help? I guess any truck could pull a bike on and strap it down to be delivered somewhere. Hopefully upright. ;)
??

Is that because they break down and have to borrow tools? :).

Nope, I like the time with myself. I like not fitting into anyone else's schedule or pace. I find I spend more time talking with locals when I don't take my own company with me. I end up learning more and meeting new people. People are more likely to walk up and start a conversation with a solo traveler than with a group. What is some clown I took to the Yukon going to teach me about the place or its people? Chances are that he will want to stop and smoke a cigarette or take a picture when I want to ride. He'll want to talk when I want to get in touch with where I am. We won't get along.

I'm fine to meet people at a destination and ride the local areas, but I'd probably just stay home if I had to ride much distance with anyone.

Last edited:
I like not fitting into anyone else's schedule or pace.

That explains me too, I find myself prone to sudden left, right, or reverse turns! I never arrive at a destination, I drift a general direction and eventually end up somewhere. Preparedness and self reliance help cope with this affliction. That is the purpose of this thread...

Ray

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll have to check that. Any experience on how they help? I guess any truck could pull a bike on and strap it down to be delivered somewhere. Hopefully upright. ;)
??
This happened to a riding buddy a year ago when we were just north of Leesburg. You have to let them know it is a motorcycle when you call. In his case they were sending a flatbed truck when he finally got it going. He had a problem you won't see with the NC: His after market control module kept shorting out.

Don't forget to think beyond fixing the bike. Once I found myself at the end of a narrow lane that I ride on and found a locked chain across the road. The lane is very narrow and I didn't feel comfortable turning around. I grabbed the adjustable wrench from my kit, unscrewed the eyebolt, lowered the chain and drove through. I then replaced the bolt.

My kit only has tools sized to fix my bike to save weight and space. If I come upon a broken down Harley rider with no tools he is out of luck (assuming Harleys are not metric.

Don't forget to think beyond fixing the bike. Once I found myself at the end of a narrow lane that I ride on and found a locked chain across the road. The lane is very narrow and I didn't feel comfortable turning around. I grabbed the adjustable wrench from my kit, unscrewed the eyebolt, lowered the chain and drove through. I then replaced the bolt.

PA may be different, but in Georgia I would feel more confident throwing the bike on its side and pulling it around by the front wheel than I would proceeding through a locked chain across a trail. In fact, I have myself been the source of imminent danger for a couple of ATV'ers who thought that my posted land was theirs to use.

I agree with you. I wouldn't break the law. This was a place where I had a right to be. The chain was actually blocking the exit and would not have been a problem if I had been in a cage and able to back up half a block. They should have placed a "no exit" sign at the entrance.

Back