• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A Scooter versus an NC700x: Switching Up

I wish you would quit talking about scooters! I'm starting to want one. If I lived close to work, I would get one though.

No call for personal abuse mate. I'm not telling anyone that THEY shouldn't ride scooters I'm just saying that there no way I would ever do so. It's called personal choice.
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me but I do object to personal abuse

it wasn't meant as a personal abuse.
seeing that you don't understand the word bigot..
it has many meanings depending in what context it is used in.
in your case it means ..a person who constantly and stubbornly holds a particular point of view etc hence SCOOTERS

it wasn't meant as a personal abuse.
seeing that you don't understand the word bigot..
it has many meanings depending in what context it is used in.
in your case it means ..a person who constantly and stubbornly holds a particular point of view etc hence SCOOTERS

Even if you ignore the Bigot (which by the way despite your low opinion of my intelligence I do understand) I hardly think that remarks such as "silly ol Rocker" "Ol fool" and "silly ol bigotry fool" are term of endearment. However much I disagreed with anyone on this forum I would not resort to calling them names

I wish you would quit talking about scooters! I'm starting to want one. If I lived close to work, I would get one though.

Actually, the discussion seems more about safety gear and the definition of "bigot". It never seemed to get into what a scooter itself would do as a comparison.

Chris

I myself was glad to get back onto a motorcycle after owning a PCX for a year. I will not repeat what has already been said but there is one thing that I have not seen mentioned. Smaller scooters just do not get the respect a motorcycle does. You just do not have the road presence and I lost count how many drivers would cut in front and generally not respect my road space. I ride the same roads on my NCS as I did with the PCX and also cover a much wider area but I am treated with a lot more respect. As much as I liked getting 112 UK mpg on my PCX I can not say I miss it thanks to many intolerant drivers in the UK. Many European countries are far more tolerant towards scooters as you will find many drivers have had one in the past or have a family member who rides one.

you know i ride maybe twenty different bikes a day, big to small, new to old, goldwings to cbr1000rr, to scooters, they are all just fun, in there own way, it is so nice that we all have the choice to RIDE WHAT WE LIKE!! i don't care what you ride as long as you ride.. and i will always wave to anyone on two or three wheels. dale

I myself was glad to get back onto a motorcycle after owning a PCX for a year. I will not repeat what has already been said but there is one thing that I have not seen mentioned. Smaller scooters just do not get the respect a motorcycle does. You just do not have the road presence and I lost count how many drivers would cut in front and generally not respect my road space. I ride the same roads on my NCS as I did with the PCX and also cover a much wider area but I am treated with a lot more respect. As much as I liked getting 112 UK mpg on my PCX I can not say I miss it thanks to many intolerant drivers in the UK. Many European countries are far more tolerant towards scooters as you will find many drivers have had one in the past or have a family member who rides one.

I still have my PCX 125cc. I don't know what to do with it. Sell it? Use it as a local commuter? In town rider? I keep going back and forth from selling it, to using it for commuting only to work (10 miles, local slow roads). I really like how I have been able to average 94 US MPG

https://www.fuelly.com/driver/rocket/pcx

You know Tucson is finally getting a true cold season. I do miss the wind and rain protection a scooter can provide. But I will never go back. I enjoy riding my NC700X way to much, 6 speed and all...

Although I have had no reason to buy a scooter, I will ride one occasionally if given the chance.
I did that during my vacation in Koh Samui many years back. 9 big-bikers left the bikes in the hotel and took 80cc Hondas. It was so much fun!

I also do not harbour any ill-feelings against any riders (oh yes did I say bicycles are the worst :rolleyes: , and I will not hesitate to wave at them or give them respect (space) on the same roads we share.
In Switzerland, it is not the "norm" to wave at scooters though, so I do not.

As we can post stuff regarding BMWs, Ducatis, and so many other 2-wheelers, I think it is fair we can also discuss scooters.

If anyone is not very keen or have no wish to read or contribute to this thread in a positive and open-minded manner, I think the gentleman thing is to leave the rest of us to it. I know it is very hard to ignore a thread, but I do that whenever I sense I am not going to be positive about the post or that poster.

It is such unruly behaviour which starts and continues WARS. We don't really need this in the forum, in our lives or anytime.
Live and let live. I mean live and ride.
:p

PS: I am not trying to stoke any fire, but just reminding ourselves why we come here. Peace.

Last edited:
I don't think that anyone suggested that we couldn't post about scooters. However just as on any other topic there will be those that post their likeing for the subject and those that post that they don't like it. It is called discussion. Forums are a great way to swap not only facts but opinions. Providing it doesn't involve bad language or personal abuse I see no harm in open discussion.
There is no way a group of people this large and this diverse can be expected to agree on everything

(( your low opinion of my intelligence))
correct!
as for calling names.. if that is what you think then your a bigger fool than I think you are.
I get also sorts of name called to me off and on forums..unlike you I take it with a pinch of salt.
most name calling are mostly said in jest and that what it was intended when I called you an ol fool.
but then again I should've realised that jest doesn't fit in your vocabulary seeing that your a union man.
and we all know what union rep do this side of the pond.. bugger all.
in my experience all union reps have the cushiest jobs and that's probably why you continue to work past your sell by date.
folks like you who continue to work are depriving a younger man of a full time job.
whether you like it or not .. a stone is a stone

At work I get called all of the most unpleasant names that you can think of by the ( often drunk) traveling public but at least there I get paid for it. i really don't want to receive or give personal abuse whilst on forums during my leisure time.
as to the rest of your accusations this forum is definitely not the place to get involved in personal matters such as these.
Sorry if the fact that I post scooters are not to my personal taste seems upset you but hey it's just a fact that I don't
Hopefully this discussion is at an end as I'm sure other members are not in the slightest interested

Last edited:
Correct...no one really wants to see any more discussion unless it is related to the topic. So would be ideal if you guys take this to PM and carry on in that way.
Tony

oh bl**ger just when I was just beginning to have fun..OH WELL
tumblr_m9qxx8mig41r0ds6y.gif

Back