• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A wondering on the 2016

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
Specifically the pipe. I wonder if the exhaust will come off the 2016 and go on the older models (2014, specifically) I really like that new exhaust look.

Keep checking on ebay. Someone will have to put on a after market exhaust and you will pick up one at a almost new 2006 stock exhaust at a good price.

Was wondering the same thing myself. I'd be surprised if Honda change the pipe diameter, but my concern might be that the center stand stop and/or the heat shielding wouldn't line up on the older models.

As soon as Honda dealers get the parts fiche for the 2016 NC700X check to see if the part numbers for the exhaust pipe P/N 18150-MGS-D33, the exhaust gasket P/N 18392-MK4-000, and the passenger peg hanger P/N 50650-MGS-D30 change. The new muffler should bolt to the 2012-2015 exhaust pipe and passenger peg.

Was wondering the same thing myself. I'd be surprised if Honda change the pipe diameter, but my concern might be that the center stand stop and/or the heat shielding wouldn't line up on the older models.

That will not be known until the 2016 Microfiches has been released and available on-line. Chances are if the header pipe and a few other items part numbers are the same as the earlier models, the new muffler will most likely fit without any significant issues.

I went to the International Motorcycle Show at Long Beach and took pictures of the 2016 Honda NC700X. I took a few pictures of the muffler in this set. 2015 International Motorcycle Show - 2016 Honda NC700X.

For myself, I'm most curious about the new windscreen which I kinda like. I wonder if it's completely incompatible or close enough to adapt via clever tinkering...

Our bike show up here is the second to last weekend in January, so I'm sure hoping they have a 2016 to poke at and take detailed pictures :)

That 2016 can does look pretty nice. Hope it fits for all of those who don't have one yet.

I went to my dealer yesterday and asked about this. They do not have the 2016 NC700X or XD parts list schematic yet. There are a few 2016s listed but not this one. They don't actually have the fiche of course - it's on a Honda USA web site they access for parts orders and Honda has not updated the NC700X models for 2016.

I've asked this question not long ago, as I may opt to trade in my brand new 14 for a 16 DCT if the deal is right. I'll get a better feel at the Chicago Show in Feb.

Anyway, per his Honda rep, the mounting has not changed, nor has the pipe. Only the can/muffler was redesigned. So they felt confident the LeoVince I bought would swap over to the 16.

The center stand will swap over without question I'm told.

Nothing is matter of fact, but from pictures as well, I'm fairly convinced at this point the Gen1 exhausts will fit Gen2.

Pricing is not yet announced, nor can dealers even place an order yet.

Last edited:
I've asked this question not long ago, as I may opt to trade in my brand new 14 for a 16 DCT if the deal is right. I'll get a better feel at the Chicago Show in Feb.

I have seen the 2016 Model at the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach this last November. I be honest with you, there wasn't anything that I saw on this new design that would prompt me to throw money away by trading in my 2013 for only a few bells and whistles. Yes, the bike looks a lot more refined and a few key design issues with the body work were worked out. I would have to tear this bike down to say how much easier it is to remove all the body work to work on the bike. No one at the show could confirm if there were 3 Sport Modes on the DCT model, that's the model they were displaying at the show.

At this point, it would be a personal preference to trade in an older model for the 2016 model.

In my option, it would not be worth spending the extra money just to get a few new things when compared to what you had before. If you were buying a NC700X or NC750X for the first time, then it would be worth it.

I have seen the 2016 Model at the International Motorcycle Show in Long Beach this last November. ...
No one at the show could confirm if there were 3 Sport Modes on the DCT model, that's the model they were displaying at the show.
On the Honda Powersport site it says that the 2016 has the third generation DCT with three sport modes.
2016 NC700X Overview - Honda Powersports

Back