• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alarms, Locks and Remote Alarms?

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The more everyone knows how great this bike is the more I worry about; coming out from work and not finding it. Let's get a thread started about best Alarms and why? GPS tracking, smart phone program or just a lock on your front disc. :rolleyes:

I am just going with the Honda accessory alarm, a disk lock, and a cover. This will give some level of tamper protection when publicly parked or in a motel.

I'm even more lax. Have been all across the country on bikes and have never even locked the forks. Cover it at night and uncover in the morning

I'm even more lax. Have been all across the country on bikes and have never even locked the forks. Cover it at night and uncover in the morning

I have been lax also. At work we have security cameras that monitor the parking lots. There are bikes the cost three times what my NC cost, so I'm betting they will be got first.
If not, my insurance company can replace it. I pay a shit ton on insurance a year!
At home my security system is more lethal. My dog lets me know if anything is out of the ordinary and I will do the rest.
I know some people wont agree with my methods. But it is who I am. :cool:

I'm with turbodieseli416... I have no locking or anti-theft devices in use. I don't pay a $hit ton for insurance, but I have full replacement. The downside of course is the inconvenience of tricking out the bike again with the minor mods that have been done...

I have the SPY5000m on my bike. I LOVE IT!!![video=youtube;fmz6crFBmtA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmz6crFBmtA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

When people say Disc Lock - Any suggestions, preferences, likes, dis-likes? Is the Kryptonite New York 14P a good choice?

When people say Disc Lock - Any suggestions, preferences, likes, dis-likes? Is the Kryptonite New York 14P a good choice?

Get one of these so you don't take the most memorable 2 foot trip of your motorcycling career (with all your buds watching)

rbf.jpg

Its ok being lax,,but you lose a bike and its like losing an arm,(ok not that bad ,but you know what I mean)....I have 2 chains and 2 disc locks and am tempted to connect up to the mains,that should give the scroats a shock!!!! Alarms always seem to go wrong at the most inopportune time!!! Like midnight night and its raining and the dam thing will not shut up!!!

you can put as many locks/alarms it will not stop them.
how ever it will deter casual thief but thats about it ,
if they want your bike bad enough they'll take it no matter what.
to stand any chance you'll need to fastened your bike to some thing more solid like a lamp post.
keep the chain etc short as possible and off the ground.

[video=youtube_share;iy0c8nsb4cw]http://youtu.be/iy0c8nsb4cw[/video]

Last edited:
I'm way out of touch nowadays but when I was in the business of making accessories for cars the highest performing locks and alarms for cars used to have a target time for resisting a determined attack of 3 minutes.

There's almost nothing you can do to deter a determined and skilled thief.

You can deter the casual thief though - he'll move to the easier target.

you can put as many locks/alarms it will not stop them.
how ever it will deter casual thief but thats about it ,
if they want your bike bad enough they'll take it no matter what.
to stand any chance you'll need to fastened your bike to some thing more solid like a lamp post.
keep the chain etc short as possible and off the ground

yip ,I agree,,but you can make it more awkward to steal,,,

When someone even gets too close for more than 9 seconds, my alarm warning goes off... This then pages my little remote letting me know if it's being touched or just being looked at too closely... THen the real alarm.... disabling the engine... and paging me again...

In either event, when my pager goes off, I am usually at the bike, ready to rock, within another 10 seconds.... let's see em get away in 19 seconds or less if they touch it right away.......lol

And my Rottweiler is much faster than I am.... That alarm sounds drive him nutz!!

For me...Two-way pager alarm is the way to go!!! You are not always in range, but it's nice to know you have that little bird on your shoulder letting you know what's up with your bike when you can't see it... I have been all the way across my college campus and the pager beeped me.. It was just set off by car vibrations, but i was glad to know it worked...

Not to mention, the engine will not start without being first disarmed... Makes it a bit more difficult for them...

I have driven off with a disc lock on... rolled 10" and went down like a frikkin redwood tree.... Have not attached it since...lol
I had an alarmed disc-lock, but (living in Hawaii) it rusted and spread ugly rust onto my brake disc ...

I lock the handlebars and set the Alarm.... Disc-lock? Maybe if I were to leave it parked for an extended time, but that's it....

Last edited:
Back