• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Almost ready but.....

I did try HB but no demo nc700x.
I'm right out in Riverside and have a few more dealers to hit up and see if someone has one I can twist the throttle on...if not I will shoot you a pm:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a DCT for about a year. It's a great commuter bike and I love it. Do not be deceived by the looks cos this is Honda's slickest marketing gimmick. It really is a cow in wolf clothing. Don't worry about the rev limit, if you're the rider Honda intends for the NC, you'll likely never hit it. I haven't once in my year of ownership. Could be just my style or cos the DCT in auto D mode shifts way early before it even touches 5000. It's a heavy bike with a quiet and cool running engine, and the ride feels very smooth and stable with hardly any heat from the engine. I'm 6'2 and I get mostly wind noise. When I tuck myself under my Givi shield the ride is electric bike like quiet, which I like.

Last edited:
I think most buyers of NC get it for its fuel efficiency and storage reasons. You'll be sorely disappointed if it is speed or dualsport performance the Nc's image portrays. I usually keep to 60 when I ride. Lower than that on 6th and there's a bit of jerkiness from the engine from too low rpm. I think the 750 has better gearing ratio that reduces the engine jerkiness when shifting early to the 6th. My 700DCT D mode auto shifts to 6th at around 40. The fastest I took it to was 110. Didn't remember if it's because of the rev limit but that's as far as the engine would go. Great bike if you appreciate for its cow like sturdy smooth unrushed nature. The good looks is a bonus :)

Last edited:
Don't worry about the rev limit, if you're the rider Honda intends for the NC, you'll likely never hit it. I haven't once in my year of ownership. Could be just my style or cos the DCT in auto D mode shifts way early before it even touches 5000.
You will never hit rev limiter in either S or D mode of DCT. You have to be in manual to hit it.

You mentioned socal traffic. I've got a 40mi commute in san diego every day. This bike has plenty of power and handling capability to get in and around all the traffic. When not in traffic, I'm usually around 75 on the freeway and it feels totally solid and completely smooth. I know quite a lot of people complain about a lack of power, which I can understand, but if you ride it right, it is anything but lifeless. No, it won't handle like a feather light dual sport, and it won't rip your skull out like a litre bike. But that's not the point of this bike, and the fact that you're even looking at it means you understand that. If you want something comfortable and reliable that can just about do everything you tell it to, you would not regret this bike. I would even go so far as to promise that if you find a test ride, you'll never want to give it back.

^ nice I like the feedback, thanks! Still hoping to try one soon....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mentioned socal traffic. I've got a 40mi commute in san diego every day. This bike has plenty of power and handling capability to get in and around all the traffic. When not in traffic, I'm usually around 75 on the freeway and it feels totally solid and completely smooth. I know quite a lot of people complain about a lack of power, which I can understand, but if you ride it right, it is anything but lifeless. No, it won't handle like a feather light dual sport, and it won't rip your skull out like a litre bike. But that's not the point of this bike, and the fact that you're even looking at it means you understand that. If you want something comfortable and reliable that can just about do everything you tell it to, you would not regret this bike. I would even go so far as to promise that if you find a test ride, you'll never want to give it back.

this.
this bike intrigued me when introduced but I was concerned about the "power" thing. Two years later I test rode a 2012 manual with 1300 miles on it. Bought it on the spot. I have other bikes to fill other needs, but truth be told, 90% of the time the NC gets the nod. BTW, it tours very well, not just a commuter.

Bought mine with no test ride. It does what is described on this forum. Every time I ride it, I'm reminded why I love it so.

It is a street bike though. It will not do well off road on the trails that you describe due to it being so heavy and having a small front wheel. It will do well getting there though. Its low down torque will make you giggle as you ride the mountain switchbacks to and from Big Bear or down to Borrego. You wont have the power to weight of your thumpers, but, you'll have the street bike smoothness that they don't have. For me, to guess what the bike would be like (offroad) for someone getting off of the bikes you describe, I'd have to say it is like a slow streetbike, with a couple inches more suspension travel. It will plop over in the soft stuff and you'll be angry with yourself.

The good things about the bike cannot be described as well as experienced. Putt-putting about on the bike just plain feels GOOD! The smooth power. The knowing that you will NOT get a speeding ticket. The calm that you have as you remember that you forgot to check the fuel gauge when you left. It is these little things that are tough to describe in words that really make the bike.

If more than the occasional fire-road, I'd suggest the Suzuki DL650. You'd be trading some MPG for a larger front wheel and its slight bit more off road ability... slight,... and more comfy passenger seat.

This bike can adapt to so many people. It can be a granny slow, calm, smooth, gas sipping commuter bike getting 65mpg.

It can be a fun, sporty, YES fast enough to get TICKETS on ^, great bike and still get 55mpg.

I think it does well on gravel roads(within what it's meant to) and with a tire swap and a skid plate could do better than or as much as the DL650 off-road.

I've jumped this bike off a 2.5 ft drop off already and I weight 186 pounds. I'm a confident rider and it was just a little residential dirt drop down in a houseing area but the bike didn't flinch a bit.

I just feel that Honda put more passion in this bike than these other manufactures do. They make smooth, refined, well built motors and suspend those motors in good chassis and sufficient suspension. This bike deserves awards for sure!

Back