• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any Musicians On Here?

wgwgoldwing

So long folks!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you play an instrument? Favorite music you play? Better yet, in a band? Gig?

I goof around on the drums. Would love to get good enough some day to play live but I'm still in that awkward learning phase. Thankfully my kit is electric so I don't have to disturb the neighbors. I played around on the guitar and piano for a few years too, but decided I need to concentrate on one instrument to get really good at it. So, I sold everything but my drums. Here's my kit:

wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-picture2001-dsc4586.jpg

I really like the drum styles and music of Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, and Tool. I should probably just bite the bullet and take some lessons, but I just haven't done it yet.

WGW

Dude All I can say is Holy Sh*t nice kit, I'm not a drummer but I sure appreciate the art. (even if my favorite music joke is...What do you call a guy that hangs out with 2 musicians? a drummer, sorry I still can't help but find that one Funny). Your still learning? I think the drums are just like every instrument, you never finish learning. Here are mine.

P3310420.jpg
P5180469.jpg

Last edited:
Cutter - nice SG and Les Paul. When I played I came real close to buying a LP but never actually pulled the trigger. I had two Fender strats. One was a cheap MIM strat and the other was a cheaper MIJ strat. If I ever get bored with banging on things and go back to the guitar, a LP will certainly be my first choice.

Beemer - That's awesome. Rudiment drummers certainly don't get the credit they deserve. That takes a lot of talent and discipline. I have a rudiment book and have been working on a few. Mainly the single para-diddle. Been trying to work it around the kit too. The drum on the far right is actually a trainer. It's a Roland RMP-5. Very cool little box for training. It measures stroke balance, accuracy, rhythmic notes, timing and much more. Instant feed back too. I use it to practice speed and accuracy. I've been goofing around on these for about 4 years now. I just don't "quality" practice as often as I should. With formal instruction, I think that would change though. Especially when you are paying for something, you want to squeeze ever bit of value out of it as you can.

WGW

I wish I had more musical talent. My little bro plays guitar and piano. He writes arrangements for "The Voice" for his day job, and plays various venues in LA at night.

Cutter - nice SG and Les Paul. When I played I came real close to buying a LP but never actually pulled the trigger. I had two Fender strats. One was a cheap MIM strat and the other was a cheaper MIJ strat. If I ever get bored with banging on things and go back to the guitar, a LP will certainly be my first choice.

WGW

I always bought guitars I could afford and for years I played $150 guitars, when I went to Guitar Center and got the Gold Top in my hands I thought "I may have to buy this", then I hit the first cord and the whole guitar came alive in my hands, every note was as if it could talk and it wanted to "Rock". So I beat the hell out of my plastic and got the one I wanted for once, will probably be the last guitar I'll ever buy.

Band director here...trumpet is my main focus with an under grad degree in education and a Masters performance degree.

Last edited:
I'd like to play guitar like the great master:

[video=youtube;2oyhlad64-s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oyhlad64-s[/video]

I play the CD player, the iPhone apps and also can stream any music from my Macbook to my speakers or to my TV and vice versa.
A few years back, I could play Sweet Child 'O mine on the Les Paul and I can still play some pretty good rock-n-roll rifts on my country guitar.
I have a digital piano in my lounge and this is gonna be darn useful during Xmas, when I jamm some Xmas Carols because this Kawai d-piano comes with auto-accompaniment with 300 sounds (and it is an ivory keyboard set minimally).

Am I a musician? No I am not.
I just play like crazy and I love music!
:D

Luckily my kids do too!
:p

PS: I am the Karaoke king in my house...probably the best singer in the neighbourhood in 1 mile radius.... no, I am not modest nor kidding.

This is pretty neat:

[video=youtube;2lXh2n0aPyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lXh2n0aPyw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

WGW

I play drums, guitar, and trumpet. I didn't ever do much set drumming. Mine was Drum Corps rudimental snare. Better to get some proper training early before you get all-practiced at doing it wrong. Most of the old masters at set drumming were also rudimental drummers. When you can play all 26 rudiments from slow to fast to slow smoothly, then you are ready to hit a second drum.

Hey Beemer, what drum corps were you with. VK here.

I play drums, guitar, and trumpet. I didn't ever do much set drumming. Mine was Drum Corps rudimental snare. Better to get some proper training early before you get all-practiced at doing it wrong. Most of the old masters at set drumming were also rudimental drummers. When you can play all 26 rudiments from slow to fast to slow smoothly, then you are ready to hit a second drum.

Hey Beemer, what drum corps were you with. VK here.

I was just in a High School corps in the late 1960's that did not perform outside Alabama. VK? I'm impressed!!! Velvet Knights were a big deal. I saw them at the CYO Nationals in Boston in 1970. They finished top ten but were very unhappy to be topped by the Kingsmen. Lots of rivalry there as I understand. I also saw them later in Birmingham, AL (late seventies). I liked the older military style more than the newer cutsey stuff. When were you a member?

I hope all you musicians are able to view 12.12.12 The Concert for Sandy Relief tonight. I am watching it live on Palladia. 7:30 EST.

YouTube

12.12.12: The Concert for Sandy Relief (Live from MSG)

Last edited:
ummm, moon walking to Pink Floyd....different. :)

Boy these artist are sure showing thier age.

Love Pink Floyd! I saw the 1977 Animals tour at Boston Garden.

Pink Floyd were the first band to perform at the Boston Garden with a stage set that cost over $1 million on their 1977 Animals tour (they first played there in 1975 on the band's Wish You Were Here tour). According to Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason's book Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd almost got banned from the Boston Garden after their 1977 performances because the band, unknown to the venue's owners, used pyrotechnics during their performance (the exploding pig for "Pigs (Three Different Ones)" and firework displays on "Sheep" and "Money"). However, the band's road crew outsmarted the fire marshals by removing the pyro props quickly after they used them in the shows to prevent the band from being banned and also according to Mason's book since their manager had an Irish name (Steve O'Rourke), the band escaped being arrested. The band would not play the venue again opting for the Providence Civic Center and Foxboro Stadium on their 1987/1988 and 1994 tours respectively.

679animals.jpg

Last edited:
Back