• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any recommendations on a cover for the NC?

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 22" MadStad and Givi hard side and top cases so will likely need a size up from stock.

I like the look/idea of the stretching ones like below. I think it would be smaller when stored, maybe?

IMG_626_1024x1024.jpg

I have the OEM with a 20" Madstad and it works fine for that. I don't have side cases, however the cover has built-in zipper areas at the back which are to allow the cover to expand for cases. I'm sure someone on the forum can attest to whether they work and on what size cases.

Here's another post with pictures of it, bought from Procaliber.

A cover that's too tight will change the angle of your mirrors. At first, this is a minor inconvenience. You can just readjust them. Eventually, the excessive movement may wear out the ball joint and cause them to flop around. I haven't checked on the price of these mirrors, but it's been my experience that stock mirrors are super expensive.

I honestly don't care about stretch fabric, I was mostly wanting the most compact stored size and I thought those might be good for that. It will likely only get used during travel - otherwise the bike lives in a garage.

I like that OEM one with the access to the bags - does anyone know if it is rebranded from another manufacturer? Does the OEM one list its size anywhere so I can look at comparing others?

On trips I use a Oxford Umbratex cover. It packs down very small. The XL size fits my NC with a Madstad and 46 liter top box like a glove.

I have the same cover (different color) and it fits just fine, even with the extended windshield. It works great, even in heavy storms.

I went with the oxford (aquatex xlarge) too.
Oxford-3.jpg
Oxford-1.jpg
Oxford-2.jpg

It's fairly lightweight fabric, but for my needs it's fine.
That's with the small Madstat & Givi V35 panniers

Last edited:
After some researching, I think I am going to look at getting this one:
Nelson-Rigg MC-902-04-XL Navy X-Large Deluxe All-Season MC-902 Cover
I have been using this for years: Nelson-Rigg Defender 2000 Motorcycle Cover, All-Weather, Waterproof, UV, Air Vents, Heat Shield, Windshield Liner, Compression Bag, Antenna Grommets, XX-Large (Amazon.com: Nelson-Rigg Defender 2000 Motorcycle Cover, All-Weather, Waterproof, UV, Air Vents, Heat Shield, Windshield Liner, Compression Bag, Antenna Grommets, XX-Large Fits most Touring motorcycles Harley Davidson Ultra or Honda Goldwing: Automotive) and recommend it.

This size fits over my 22" Madstad, Honda top case, and 45L panniers securely.

IMG_3539.jpg

Top to bottom, front to back, the fit is good.

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

This one is a bit more heavy duty than your choice, weather conditions can be rough here. The XX-Large size is right for the NC' equipped as I stated.

Also, it compresses down to about 10" x 6" round.

IMG_3547.jpg

Ray

I haven't visited this site for a long time, but popped back in because I had this exact question. Pretty good timing as this topic was near the top of the pile.

I don't have much to add except to say that the OEM Honda cover doesn't quite fit my bike with a 22" Madstad and Givi top and side cases installed. My bike lives inside for the most part, but I'd like to start riding it to work now and then so it'll sit outside for as many as 3 days and nights at a time. I'll want a cover for this situation so I'll probably try the one mentioned above via Amazon.

Love this forum for all the useful info.

Rod

I ride almost daily and have used the Kwik Cover on my previous bike when leaving it for more than a few minutes as well as overnight. For longer periods, like when out of town traveling, I'll use a full cover, but this little thing helps keep prying eyes and curious children off of my bike!
It looks a bit odd with the steering locked to the left, but I'd rather have it covering as much as possible. This also can stretch it out and I've been though 2 in the past 7 years, but much easier to get on and off 2 times a day than a full cover.
It rolls up like a burrito and goes inside the case, which I mounted behind the flip up rear seat.

http://www.laminarlip.com/kwik/orderkover.htm

Back