• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone close to me in north carolina?

miss demeaner

Reaction score
Visit site
yes, i know there are some members here in north carolina. i'm currently on contract in morehead city north carolina. i'll be here for about 7more weeks. i'm kinda hoping someone on here can tell me where some good roads are.
exploring is fun, but when you ride solo all the time like i do, its nice to have a better idea of where the fun stuff is.
i'm about 5hours from charlotte if that helps.
tia. :)

yes, sadly it is, but i do get the most fanstastic sunsets, and sunrises. Also where i'm staying i have the sound on one side, and i have but to cross the street and walk a block to the ocean. now i just need some cool roads, and life will be just about perfect. lol

yes, i know there are some members here in north carolina. i'm currently on contract in morehead city north carolina. i'll be here for about 7more weeks. i'm kinda hoping someone on here can tell me where some good roads are.
exploring is fun, but when you ride solo all the time like i do, its nice to have a better idea of where the fun stuff is.

If you hang out at ADV, PM Photog.
She's in the Raleigh area, I think.
She knows the Carolinas, North Georgia, southern Virgina and eastern Tenn. areas really well.

Not familiar with riding in your area, but when traveling somewhere I am not familiar with I have found motorcycleroads.us to be a good source of roads to ride. Not a lot of twisties in the area but still some good riding according to their maps.

The Outer Banks is on my bucket list and you are right there. Take the ferry to Ocracoke and head north.

What mile range are you looking to ride? If it's 300+ you could get into some nice roads, especially in southern Virginia (that is where I ride most often)

WE LIVE IN THE SANDHILLS OF NC, (FAYETTEVILLE / FORT BRAGG AREA). THERE ARE LOTS OF GOOD ROADS HERE, BUT THE GREAT ROADS ARE IN THE WESTERN PART OF THE STATE, IMHO.
HOWEVER YOU CAN STILL GET ON SOME GOOD RIDES IN YOUR AREA.

YOU COULD RIDE DOWN HWY 24 TO HWY 17 TO HWY 421 TO FORT FISHER, TAKE THE FERRY TO SOUTHPORT (BEAUTIFUL TOWN WHERE THE MOVIE, SAFE HAVEN WAS FILMED). THAT WILL GET YOU TO HWY 211 WHERE YOU WILL FIND A QUIET ROAD WITH SWEEPING CURVES. YOU COULD FOLLOW 211 THROUGH (GOLF MECCA) PINEHURST AND RIDE ON TO MORROW MOUNTAIN STATE PARK.

HWY 53 IS NICE, AS WELL AS 210 IN YOUR AREA.

TRY THIS LINK FOR OTHER SUGGESTIONS:

North Carolina Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best North Carolina motorcycle routes for planning great North Carolina motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

MY HUSBAND AND I RIDE OFTEN WITH OTHERS. WE JUST GOT BACK FROM A 1200 MILE VACATION IN FRANKLIN, NC. THE BEST ROADS WE'VE EVER RIDDEN IN THAT AREA.

belinda k recommended some good info and online links. Might try a local bike shop and pick their brain too.

thanks for all the great replies. i'm kinda looking for more "local" if poss. i have a cat that has some separation anxiety. (good grief). so a day ride is about all i can do at this point.
i think i may see about exploring the outer banks this weeekend, i got the ferry info today at work.
if i was home leaving the cat for a day or so would not matter so much, but here, my neighbour hears him ALL DAY LONG when i'm at work. i would hate to do that to her overnight. lol
i'm very familiar with the north ga mtns. i've "slain" the dragon a few times, (at least once with each bike), i kinda want to wait til i'm back home for that again.
again, thanks for all the great replies, i am going to check out those links also. hopefully by next week i'll have a cool ride report to post up. :eek:

How about another cat to keep yours company?
They will entertain themselves endlessly and then sleep the rest of the 18 hours of the day.

Or, instead of the topcase...

84332fd8e4a2.jpg

Back