• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone know pin-out of the 6P Option port???

Techrat

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to add a couple of accessories to my bike. The thing is that I don't want to spend a bunch of money on OEM stuff when non-OEM can be had for about half the price. Example: a Honda USB port, $90 for everything; non-OEM version $28 if you can figure out how to get it installed.

I want to add two USB ports in the frunk, and a third next to the sub-harness to power an INNOV K1 dual camera system. In the future I may want to add heated grips and/or an alarm.

My dilemma is that I cant find a definitive source that can tell me the pin-out of the 6P option port. I'd prefer to either buy the OEM sub-harness and splice into those wires, or order and build my own sub-harness to make stuff plug and play. I thought about a power distribution unit but not being an electrician I don't know if that would simplify or complicate the issue.

Anyone with knowledge/experience on the bike wiring?
:confused:

Innova makes a distribution block thats looks pretty fool proof, all you do is hook up + and - to the battery and a wire to a switched source. Then you have 5 fused postive wires and one shared negative. It would be easier than what you're planning IMO.

Motorcycle Camera | Motorcycle Traffic Camera | INNOVV

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Cool. Question is - What is a switched source that I can use? I'm a total newbie so I'm guessing that "switched source" would mean a wire with current controlled by the ignition. This would still mean splicing into the original wiring somewhere. Am I right?

Yes you would have to splice into a switched wire. The distribution block comes with posi-tap connectors to do this. I know there are others on here who have used them with good results.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hi Techrat -

I just wired my LED lights and my SAE connector using Eastern Beaver's 3 Circuit Solution (3CS-Sealed). Jim is located in Japan, but has excellent customer service and quick turn-around. I could have used the Honda subharness, but I wanted a little more than the 7.5 amps that is limited to. The 3CS fit nicely above the battery behind the battery access panel. Gives you three fused leads and a 30A relay. I connected the trigger wire to the turn signal flasher relay (pink/blu wire) and everything fires up nicely when I turn the ignition on.

I tried piecing together a relay and terminal block through automotive stores, but nothing was sealed properly and everything was too bulky to fit, so I decided to do it right and spent the $ on the 3CS. I know others have used the Fuzeblock and distribution blocks like it, but I think they typically need to be mounted inside the frunk or under the left side plastic, and I didn't want to do this. Poke around a bit on Eastern Beaver's website - I learned a lot about wiring just from that.

Good luck!

Lars in Minnesota

Back