• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

At least I walked away...

JDE

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
Well, got rear ended on my way home tonight from work. By another bike, who was rear ended by another bike. Crazy chain reaction. I'm fine and luckily didn't have to lay the NC down, but it took a hard enough hit to the rear that I didn't feel safe riding away. Messed up the tail light assembly and bent the license plate front on to the rear tire. So had it towed to let insurance take care of all that.

That is all for now, still got the adrenaline running.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I always worry about getting rear ended by a car but I have never even thought about a bike hitting me from behind. That's really bizarre. Glad you're okay. One more thing to watch out for.

Holy crap! I've never really worried about getting rear-ended by a bike either (though there was that time my dad expected me to pull a California stop and took his mirror off on my trunk...). Glad you're okay and I hope the bike turns out to need only minor work.

Sorry to hear of your crash, but glad you're OK. Hoping its a minor repair and you're back in the saddle soon.

Glad to hear it wasn't a serious accident but any accident is no good. Crazy that that scenario played out that way. I'm always looking behind me at stops and leaving enough room for an out. Glad your ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you get quick repairs, I've been trying to my riding buddies to not follow or stop right behind me, and to aim the bike between the rows cars when at a stop.

Were you all splitting? Did the rear bike come speeding way too fast behind you? When I split the stopped / slow (20-25 mph) traffic one of my big worries is getting rear ended by one of the squids splitting at 60+++ mph in those conditions.

Glad you walked away!
I got rear ended by a preacher driving a pickup truck back in 99. Totaled my bike, a 84-5 Magna-500. The guy hit me so hard it creased the center of his front end all the way back to engine block. I walked away, but later that evening when the adrenaline rush wore off, I asked my wife to take me to the hospital because my back was really hurting. So I hope you're really ok...and that you get your bike back soon.

Thank you for all the well wishes. Although a little sore today, I don't feel like I'm in enough pain to go to the doctors. So that's good, I'm very happy about that. Sucks about the bike but glad I'm not reliving my last accident with an ambulance ride and 4 days in the ICU. Talked with the claim adjuster today, bike will be towed to the local dealership where I got the bike to be inspected for repairs. Hopefully it's repairable and doesn't take forever.

Were you all splitting? Did the rear bike come speeding way too fast behind you? When I split the stopped / slow (20-25 mph) traffic one of my big worries is getting rear ended by one of the squids splitting at 60+++ mph in those conditions.

Yes, we were splitting lanes. The forth bike was probably going less that 30mph. But when the Harley in front of me slowed to almost a stop and I slowed to not hit him, then the bike behind me slowed, the guy on the forth bike just must not have been paying attention and plowed into the bike behind me. Sending him forward into the rear of my bike.

Pretty frustrating to have been hit from another bike as we all try to look out for one another.

Damn! At least you are fine!
Sorry about the ordeal! Get back o the road soon!

Ah, splitting - that makes it more understandable. Our great state does allow it. I rarely lane-split and it's usually when traffic is completely stopped and I filter up to the traffic light. Every day when I am in my car on the commute home I watch the lane-splitters - sometimes I envy them and sometimes they scare the crap out of me. When you are splitting you are not supposed to exceed the traffic flow by more than 10 mph but I will often see bikes flying between cars at incredible speed differentials. It's not hard to imagine getting rear-ended by some crazy who is just abusing the privilege.

Last edited:
Back