• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bag for the fake tank

I used to have lots of guns. But they were all lost in a tragic boating accident. Shame.

As far as the box, I was looking to have someone build a custom Cordura bag that would fit the bottom 3/4's of the frunk. The top quarter would have been reserved for "lay-in" items like personal electronics, wallet, keys, etc. My current plan is for a Bagster tank lid cover topped with a Tweety (small) tankbag for the personal valuables. The Frunk could then be filled with a 100% height custom bag with a grab handle on top.

I'm very sorry about your loss of firearms bemmer! If you need to talk about your loss, you have my #.
I can say this, because the same thing happened to me. It was a tragic event in my life!

It is not an accessory, it is a necessity.

I rode out to the Palm Bay Shooting Range today. I just added the Smith & Wesson Governor Revolver to my collection. It shoots the 45 Colt / 45 ACP / 410 shot shell.

Gunblast.com - Smith & Wesson Governor 45 Colt/45 ACP/410 Revolver - YouTube

OMiGee!!! "Me precious, me wants it back!!"
Nice accessory... now if only I can figure a way to carry this outside the frunk for easy access... maybe in the soft sidebags I don't yet have :)

It is not an accessory, it is a necessity.

I rode out to the Palm Bay Shooting Range today. I just added the Smith & Wesson Governor Revolver to my collection. It shoots the 45 Colt / 45 ACP / 410 shot shell.

Gunblast.com - Smith & Wesson Governor 45 Colt/45 ACP/410 Revolver - YouTube

I love watching Jeff Quinn's reviews. The Govener looks a lot easier on the hand than my Snake slayer.
Gunblast.com - Bond Arms .45 Colt/ .410 Shotshell Snake Slayer - YouTube
I don't think anything could replace one of my GP's though.
You just put the Governor on my radar. Thanks!

So... is there a perfect solution for the fake tank bag? I am really out looking to get one which is kinda square and fits in perfectly? tried small tank bags at my local motorcycle dealer but they are built for the outside of the tank and take up lot of room. anyone with a solution please shout!

I had a chuckle with all the shooter carrying Seabob does on his NC! in the UK that would be a compulsory minimum 5 years "of picking up the soap" in the shower room at Belmarsh prison! in fact the little handgun is a prohibited weapon so you could do even more time ! but funny nevertheless :)

Well, your talk about the gun's placement on the bikes would absolutely result in years in the slammer here in Sweden too! AND a loss of ALL your friends! No doubt about that! I would actually like to recommend you guys some local hillbilly redneck site in the states for your gun extravaganza and maybe keep this site more focused on bikes? Wouldn't that be nice?

Just before we get back to bikes Supermek, I just wanted to pass something in front of the rest of us Europeans on here. I guess most of us are turned off by talk of guns and would not be at all interested in carrying one - and so when our friends in the US's conversation goes down the lines of 'my gun's bigger than yours' our reaction is 'what the f..... ?' But last week we had some people over from Libya and took them out to various places over several days - I think their reaction to the typical Brit main topic of conversation - ie how plastered they got last night and how they got so drunk they pewked for two days, triggered the same kind of reaction in the Libyan guys - 'what the f.....?'
Just different cultures I guess.
Mike

Great choice in the Glock, Bob. My favorite is the model 21 in .45 ACP, and my SIG M1911 Scorpion also in .45. Aren't you glad we live in the U.S. where we still have the right to have guns without some elitist government scumbag telling us we can't?

LOL, it's funny how quickly a general question would get re-directed to firearm related. It's clear to me what members on this board are into - motorcycles and guns.

I can see it now - Someone would ask about what auxiliary light you prefer on your NCX, the next you know, it'd be a Streamlight vs. SureFire discussion.

Being from the UK which is a very Gun Un-friendly country, I have to say that the gun discussions don't really offend me at all. I think there is an argument either way that can be had. I love guns myself but could not dream of even walking with a banana in my pocket pretending it to be a gun without a full firearms police hardstop! I own a few air rifles but that is pretty much the limit here!

Now on the main topic- This Arai bag that is mentioned on post 17; are there many versions? I mean can someone post a link of where I could buy one here in the UK?

This is the one I bought - Not sure if it's still available and it would have been very expensive if Hein Gericke hadn't been selling it at half price ($30)
PW-arai-bag.jpg

I fear Seabee Bob is attempting to use the forum for business purposes. NC700X is the obsession I seek on this site. Free speech I understand, but really. It's very hard to fire handguns while riding unless he's a southpaw like the President..... Patagonia makes some single strap backpacks that would fit in the frunk, try REIoutlet or SierraTradingPost.com.

I still like to carry sundry items in a small tank bag and this Cortech Super Mini works well for me. It is a small bag of just 6.5 liters but it is just big enough to hold the items I carry in it plus it fits well in the space above the toolkit/air compressor that I pack under it. It leaves lots of room for a folded jacket liner and gloves, etc.

When I looked at the Cortech web site I was disappointed to see it is discontinued but there are some available from on-line retailers. I use the strap-on version and removed the pad and straps.

To the many citizens of the represented countries on this forum I'll say this. There are more than 315 million US citizens and there are probably as many people that do not care about guns as there are people here obsessed with them. We are not a monolithic society all packing firearms and we have many differing opinions about what constitutes "a well regulated militia" necessary to the security of a free state and a healthy open debate about this is hopefully forthcoming for all the world to see. I think that most US citizens fall somewhere in the middle between those that wish to ban all of them and those that feel the need to carry one everywhere at all times. Please do not tar all of us with the same brush.

Let's focus on what we have in common, namely motorcycles in general and the NC700 in particular.

IMG_8958_zpsb217ece5.jpg

IMG_8959_zps659d37c0.jpg

Last edited:
I carry my rain suit, tool bag, mine not Honda's, gloves, tag receipt & proof of insurance,small calculator,business cards, with room left over.

so does this fit perfectly? looks a bit big . is there space on top once the bag is in the tank? i mean is there still space left above for gloves etc?

Back