• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery Tender Leads

VTHokieAg

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to put Battery Tender leads on my battery and was wondering how y'all were doing it. Do you have to run the lead back through the storage compartment or can you run them through the battery compartment to the exterior of the bike. I have not opened up my battery area yet.

Video

:cool:
THis is a video I just posted to show my SPY 5000m alarm. But in the beginning it shows where the leads come from the battery tender out to my 12v plug. I just have the + and - leads of the adapter attached to the battery. From there the adapter cable has a male/female end that I plug the 12v plug (from battery tender)wire to . I coiled the wire behind the battery cover, and filed a tiny slot in the cover to run the wire through.

SPY 5000m Two Way Alarm pager w/ Honda NC700x (dct) Remote Start/Kill - YouTube

(click or copy the link)
:confused:

Before I installed a fuse block I ran my leads for my heated gear from the battery to the space under the seat. It's easy to snake wires from the battery to the exterior of the bike on either side.
Mike

No cutting is required. Mine runs out of the left side of the battery box and back along the main wiring harness so that the plug sits besides some wires that go into the top of the front sprocket cover. Have to look to see it and recognize it isn’t part of the other wires. You may be able to run it similarly with just taking off the fake air scoop. I had the whole left side off at the time doing other wiring. Anyhow, you don’t have to cut to get it out to the open.

No cutting is required. Mine runs out of the left side of the battery box and back along the main wiring harness so that the plug sits besides some wires that go into the top of the front sprocket cover. Have to look to see it and recognize it isn’t part of the other wires. You may be able to run it similarly with just taking off the fake air scoop. I had the whole left side off at the time doing other wiring. Anyhow, you don’t have to cut to get it out to the open.

To be clear, I didn't drill a hole anywhere ( except the led alarm light) In the battery cover, with a tiny file, I only put a little notch in the plastic cover, the same width of the Tiny little wire. I didn't want to smash it in the battery cover. The notch is really unnoticable...

And, I should add, that was only to get the 12 volt plug and the alarm brain into the Frunk... if you are just doing this or the battery charging, you obviously don't have to. So if you have something similar, and if you want to power items in the Frunk with the battery-tender, you do have to do some kind of modification, not for just a charger.

Last edited:
Back